Big Rock Whoops! Battery wire jammed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBadStato

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
G'day guys!
Having a blast with my new BigRock but making all the mistakes in the book. Todays mistake was not securing the battery cable, which ended up jammed between the drive shaft and the esc. The wire is now exposed but I've patched it with a bit of heatshrink and elec tape. Only now do I realize there is a bed for the two wires to sit in....might have to tuck them under the battery straps in future!

arrmarubbing.jpg

I did the same when I first got my Granite. I ended up shortening the wires to that point

I was running my wires like that until I found out about the built in wire holder. It's circled in red in the photo below and I now run my battery facing backwards, clip the battery wire into the holder and then they turn back into the esc plug.
1610957587226.png

Here it is when I had it in the front and didn't know about the wire holder in the rear.
1610957729549.png

I was running my wires like that until I found out about the built in wire holder. It's circled in red in the photo below and I now run my battery facing backwards, clip the battery wire into the holder and then they turn back into the esc plug.
View attachment 120877

Here it is when I had it in the front and didn't know about the wire holder in the rear.
View attachment 120878
Yeah that's a good idea. Thanks.
Wow look at that thing! Is that ice?! haha
Got mine super muddy today, it was great!
Just wish I had a track and some jumps in my back yard!
Also, I've been trying to think of how to protect the balance plug on the battery? It's quite exposed. Any suggestions?

That happens to almost everyone with these models. When new out the box, you have to reroute the wires and have some wire tie wraps handy.
This is no big deal. Welcome to RC. :ROFLMAO:

That happens to almost everyone with these models. When new out the box, you have to reroute the wires and have some wire tie wraps handy.
This is no big deal. Welcome to RC. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I'm quickly accepting the concept of possibly breaking something each time i take it out haha

We all learned the hard way. Likewise.
Then it never happens again. 👍

I experienced this last week, luckily I ended the run early and caught it before any wires broke all the way through or shorted. Gave it a few layers of liquid tape and a wrap traditional electrical tape for peace of mind. Definitely have to secure those wires from now on.

bigrock_pwr_lines.jpg

Yeah that's a good idea. Thanks.
Wow look at that thing! Is that ice?! haha
Got mine super muddy today, it was great!
Just wish I had a track and some jumps in my back yard!
Also, I've been trying to think of how to protect the balance plug on the battery? It's quite exposed. Any suggestions?
Salt, ice, water, etc. Ran it in a parking lot and melted the tires doing donuts. My friend bought the same typhon 4x4 3s and I saw him run it at his beach sand haha. I would wash mine off but his bearings rusted solid and I got them loose with pb blaster and he is running it like that. Now he uses silicone spray lube. He blew up a motor bearing and a servo. He just broke the chassis in half yesterday in the rear. But it was cold out so that's perfectly acceptable. Mine was all fine until last week I blew up the rear diff output gear and this week the motor bearing went out. I have a bunch of tires to glue while I wait for the jims bearing kit ($21 for 27 bearings+$6 for 3 motor bearings) I did drive it though a puddle on the track yesterday where the whole car accidentally went under water for a couple seconds like a submarine. The track is almost worse since the sands gets in everywhere and the motor power assembly unit has a opening at the bottom which can easily suck up grit, rocks, sand, etc. into the spur and pinion gear and when that happens you can blow your motor bearing out from side load.

I experienced this last week, luckily I ended the run early and caught it before any wires broke all the way through or shorted. Gave it a few layers of liquid tape and a wrap traditional electrical tape for peace of mind. Definitely have to secure those wires from now on.

View attachment 120881
Lucky! Same for me, I just decided I'd had enough for that session...still had battery left though...lucky..might have been worse!
Salt, ice, water, etc. Ran it in a parking lot and melted the tires doing donuts. My friend bought the same typhon 4x4 3s and I saw him run it at his beach sand haha. I would wash mine off but his bearings rusted solid and I got them loose with pb blaster and he is running it like that. Now he uses silicone spray lube. He blew up a motor bearing and a servo. He just broke the chassis in half yesterday in the rear. But it was cold out so that's perfectly acceptable. Mine was all fine until last week I blew up the rear diff output gear and this week the motor bearing went out. I have a bunch of tires to glue while I wait for the jims bearing kit ($21 for 27 bearings+$6 for 3 motor bearings) I did drive it though a puddle on the track yesterday where the whole car accidentally went under water for a couple seconds like a submarine. The track is almost worse since the sands gets in everywhere and the motor power assembly unit has a opening at the bottom which can easily suck up grit, rocks, sand, etc. into the spur and pinion gear and when that happens you can blow your motor bearing out from side load.
Torture!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back