WhoRokz TLR Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhoRok305

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
Just wanted to share my TLR Typhon. Went with a Hobbywing Max8/2200kv combo on the Basherqueen carbon fiber Esc mount. Running a 20t pinion and a Spektrum S6250 servo. Swapped the rear dog bones for cvds. Went over the diffs and topped off the front and rear with 7k oil. Went with 50k for the center diff which is what I had on hand. Going to run it on 4s for now. I Have the Proline body and double socket button head droop screws on the way.
20220117_162613.jpg

Swapped the rear dog bones for cvds.

Maybe obvious to some, not to me. What is the benefit?
Also what have you used as donor for the CVD? (As I have checked the rear is shorter by 3 mm in OEM)

double socket button head droop screws

Again, maybe embarrassing, but I am curious since my wheels look like drawing a set of 8 no matter how tight they (I hope that's what droops screws are for). So what are these and what is the benefit?

Thanks for the patience in advance, trying to resolve my problem without having a 3 day google search. :)

Running cvds in the rear since the dog bones would sometimes pop out of the cup. Droop screws are on the control arms and they are there to limit suspension travel.

Running cvds in the rear since the dog bones would sometimes pop out of the cup. Droop screws are on the control arms and they are there to limit suspension travel.
Thanks for the explanation. The grub screws in the arm are the droop screws if I understand correctly. Now it makes sense to have easier access.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back