Who's more powerful? Me or my electronics / RC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TL01magic

Reaction score
Saw some vid on mechanical prosthetic forearm & hand. (below)

and description for vid said it took 200 watts. I thought that was a TON compared to human.

Googled human power in watts....I was WAY WAY off.

Human power in watts
The average human, at rest, produces around 100 watts of power. [2] Over periods of a few minutes, humans can comfortably sustain 300-400 watts; and in the case of very short bursts of energy, such as sprinting, some humans can output over 2,000 watts.

so 2s would be about human level of "work" / power.

am shocked (pun?) that (some) humans can do 2000 watts at max

those speed run machines pulling like 7,500 watts!!! the power of like four humans doing max level work.

Just a perspective I thought was neat and shared

200 watt arm vid.

Well, they say horsepower isn't exactly horsepower. 7500 watts is "10 horsepower". I highly doubt it. ;)

Yea, I hear ya. Am not as strong as 2 horses lol

there's no way around 7500 watts is 10 horsepower because it's by definition.

but 100% 7500 watts is WAY WAY less then the power of 10 horses.

I honestly did not think biology used so much power. How that is derived from our little "bioreactors" amazes me.

Anybody ever put the electrodes from a voltmeter on their muscles? Contract and release the muscle, and you'll see the voltage fluctuate, somewhere between 100 and 300 millivolts.
100%

I would play with those bbq igniters that create a spark...i guess is enough voltage to trigger nerve through skin and all.

Note that is just the signal for the muscle (and yes stronger single tells muscle to do more work)

of course is just some sort of chemical reaction in muscles that creates power equal to which ever unit of power...like watts / HP.

(funny but pretty sure we have "ready to go" energy potential sitting right in the muscles, once used up a different source for energy is used. from blood stream maybe?....total vague recollection...research your own if interested / don't parrot this lol)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back