Kraton Who's using the SMC Precision Lipo Alarm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechDad

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
I've got mine set at 3.7v on my 6s battery. It will start at Cell 1 and display the voltage and blink for 3 seconds. It then starts at Cell 2 and displays 0 or nothing and it does the same for the rest. It then just beeps since it doesn't see any voltage on the other cells. What am I doing wrong?

I just tested my 6s on it and it works fine. All 6 cells reporting 3.8ish volts. Shows 22.8 all.

How are you connecting it?

When I got mine, it came with an extension lead. The lead I found was able to connect to the alarm in both directions. But only one direction worked properly. Are you using the extension lead?

When I got mine, it came with an extension lead. The lead I found was able to connect to the alarm in both directions. But only one direction worked properly. Are you using the extension lead?
Yes.

Connection looks like mine. I would verify your lipo pack or the pins on the lipo alarm. I have two that work properly the way you have yours connected.

Don't see any issues. Does yours actually count down the individual cells?

Last edited:
Mine just says all...4.0v and then does what the video shows. I tested 4 other batteries and it does the same thing.
I'm not sure what the issue is.I contacted SMC,just in case I have a bad one.

I had the same issue on one of mine and SMC replaced it free of charge. Gotta love their service.

Out of curiosity, I opening up the defective one and one little FET was visually blown up. Ordered some at digikey and replaced it and it's working agan. A PITA to replace that tiny part though, not recommended unless you know what you are doing.

What I believe happened but could be way off...
I was/am using the extension leads and I did that for 4S and 6S, on 4S the grip of the connector isn't all that great and constantly connected/disconnected while driving. This constant intermittent connection must have stressed that part.
My $0.01 fix for the future, I'm securing it with a rubber band i.e. he alarm wire to the battery balance plug. No issue ever since.

Interesting. I have no issue with trying to fix it. Got a link to that part?

Just installed these on my cars. Two on the Nero and one on the Talion. I've used other alarms in the past, but did not like how they were susceptible to false alarms on hard acceleration. Hopefully these will cure that problem. Added a little orange tape in case they liberate themselves from the car at some point. Had that happen before and its impossible to find a small black/gray item in a large field. Ask me how I know :LOL:
PXL_20201002_201852998.jpg
PXL_20201002_202052532.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back