Why are R/C tools crap!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So going a little off topic here but what hand driver would you guys recommend for the MIP Speed Tips? I'm not talking an electric screwdriver but something like a normal screwdriver but accepts bits.
These Bosch drivers are awesome. They're small, light weight, and have two different speeds.
20220319_192909.jpg

20220319_192934.jpg

Mip baby! I liked them so much I have two complete sets. Be nice if they made some ball heads for those hard to reach places.

Last edited:
I've used mip since the late 90's. Tons of use. Have never had a tip go bad. I use the ball tips.

Best hex drivers out there. You get what you pay for and you'l only buy once.
Same here, since the 90's, recently bought a second set of MIP's. The old ones never broke. But the 1.5 and 2.0 are getting worn. But I got my moneys worth with MIP. I also have Vanquish Products hex drivers. Have a bit longer reach. I use Bondhus Ball drivers on the very rare occasions that I need them. Like when setting the Droop screws.
I use Dynamite nut drivers. Great.
For the Turnbuckles, I use a set of Craftsman small Ignition wrenches. 5.5, 6, 7mm.
For the shocks and 6s 17mm hex wheel nuts, I use the Tekno shock tool and Tekno wheel wrench.

Mip baby! I liked them so much I have two complete sets. Be nice if they made some ball heads for those hard to reach places.
I believe MIP does sell ball hex drivers. :)

I got Bondhus ball drivers because they were cheaper. And I rarely need ball drivers.

MIP and a Bosch IXO cordless screwdriver with Team EDS power tool tips Hex. Without that Bosch (or any other electric screwdriver) wrenching would be a LOT less enjoyable IMO.

MIP and a Bosch IXO cordless screwdriver with Team EDS power tool tips Hex. Without that Bosch (or any other electric screwdriver) wrenching would be a LOT less enjoyable IMO.
Thank you for that! My Team EDS tools are several years old, I had lost the link and forgotten their name... LOL...

I have MIP speed tips, and EDS replacement tips in some cheap handles. They have been great, but the 2mm is starting to wear out. About time for a new one.

^MIP seem to be good but I have been using the same dynomite set for about the last 10 years
About a month ago, I snapped my 1.5 MIP(my fault, stepped on it). LHS never had any single 1.5s, so they ordered me one. But I needed one because I was playing with pinions so they recommended a "cheapie" Dynomite($4.99 vs $21.99MIP). I have to say, I was impressed. The cheapie is holding up very well. The first use. I was sure i would snap it because I removed a locktighted grub without heat(ran out of butane). For its price, the Dynomite is a steal. Sure, the hex fit isn't as great as the MIP but it gets the job done! Enough so that I've yet to use the 1.5 MIP.
16479535903204528777099892466362.jpg

Has anyone here used the Bosch Go driver yet? Curious as to how it performs.
I believe MIP does sell ball hex drivers. :)

I got Bondhus ball drivers because they were cheaper. And I rarely need ball drivers.
They do. I have the 2 and 2.5 ball hex speed drivers.

Last edited:
I use wera for my drivers they have been great and banggood jxt power tips which are also very good

I'm on the MIP team

BUT

Probably just as important is my little dollar store pick set that I use to clean the screw head before attempting to unfasten
I agree, My Dollar Tree store has those pick sets. I like them.:)
Some tools need to be quality. Others not.
I would never buy SnapOn pick sets for instance. Makes no sense.

So going a little off topic here but what hand driver would you guys recommend for the MIP Speed Tips? I'm not talking an electric screwdriver but something like a normal screwdriver but accepts bits.
I like my team associated hex kit, ASC1650, the handle is a magnetic holder, good for easy swap outs. I usually use that as my "in the field" repair tool. Coincidently, the hex bits have been pretty durable as well.

I also have a Malco Connext hand driver. I really like that one because it has the chuck in the end, so it holds bits more securely. Interestingly, it's one of the only hand drivers i've ever been able to find that has a chuck instead of a magnet. I use that with my MIP bits when i have a squishy-metaled Arrma screws that are being stubborn and need "attention". They also have a Connext 2 (small handle) and Connext 3 (ratcheting hand driver). Pretty pleased with my standard Connext, i'd recommend it - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NO2JDO/

Yeah MIP makes great tools, not having trouble with strip screw's, and they fits really well
View attachment 207879

Last week this happened, but the local shop replace it for free ☺️
View attachment 207880
Ive seen this happen to others. Just never for me in several decades with any MIP driver.
I think if you abuse your tools, anything will break. Like if trying to break loose screws that were Thread locked. Over torquing the Hex driver will make them snap. Need heat applied to all TL's screws first.
I wipe my tips between use and make sure my Hex hardware is clean and not rusted. Just an anal habit. Even my automotive tools are kept clean of grease and dirt. Clean tips and hardware make the Hex driver tips last longer.

Mip drivers saved my bacon. I even removed a stripped screw that I couldn’t figure any other way using them. I don’t use power tools to remove or install any hardware in anything plastic. Just good and snug by hand. Craftsman ignition wrenches are also reallly good💪

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back