Why but i have ask?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoomfast23

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
Hi, forum why is everyone printing 40mm fan shrouds for the traxxas xmax or max6 and max5 but none for the max8 esc, or the 2200kv motor? Is the max8 played out that it don't get no love no more. Lol, I can't find a shroud for my 40mm fans for my max8 no wear unless it's from china not knowing if it'll fit and shipping is more than what your paying for the damn thing. 😅 not bickering just wondering. If anyone knows any shipped in US double or single setup let me know I'm on the hunt 😄 thanks.

That sucks for sure, I'm just guessing everyone goes with the max6 instead as it's a lot better and 8s capable. For the motor also guessing the 1650kv is more popular so not much for the 2200kv

I have printed a few for the max 8 40mm fans. Biggest thing I have noticed is that even though a 40mm will mount to it. It is restricted a bit and not really a huge difference unless you have a fan that is very serious. At that point most would just go max 6 and run cooler over all. As far as the motor a dual 40mm will be difficult to fit it is possible but the fans will be angled and not a direct flow of air. A single 40mm delta fan should be more then enough. I am a strong believer in running no fans. I just over power and gear accordingly. I personally run a max 6 and 5687 in my kraton and it runs as cool as a cucumber with 70mph gearing.

Thanks I found one I can make work on the esc I want. 👍
I found a website once, pretty sure someone linked it on here in one of the multitude of fan threads, but the guy made fan shrouds for almost everything in multiple configurations including the Max8. But I cannot recall what the name of the website was.

I found one on ebay a seller that makes multiple 3D esc shrouds.

SmartSelect_20210917-220914_eBay.jpg

I'll make one of them work for me. Lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back