Limitless Why didn't anyone tell me a 8s limitless would be terrifyingly fun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
This is my first Street dedicated RC. Got my setup done for now and today I took it out for my 3rd drive. Also just got a radiolink rc6gs and connected (that range is beautiful). But holy hell this thing is terrifying in all the best ways. But there was a lesson learned today, actually 2. First one being downforce is actually quite necessary when going somewhere around 90! (And driving into the wind) A flying limitless is not a happy limitless....Second lesson was street reflectors are not friends, which led to flight number 2! Which broke a shock cap and that's it thankfully. Missed a light pole and a tree by a narrow margin. But there was no sadness, all smiles even after the crash, what a beautiful car. Madness.

Because these secrets must be withheld from the general public due to happiness restrictions and for the safety of the general public against flying objects
People must be restricted on the levels of fun, unbelievably fast RC cars exceed the allowed levels.

I have had a run in with a road reflector no bueno. Glad you are having a blast.
Yup.... probably won't be my last but going to try to find some better spots. Super fun.

I have had a run in with a road reflector no bueno. Glad you are having a blast.
I'm familiar with hunting "road turtles".
1660264058362.png

It put up a good fight but I won, because it came out is two chunks. Note the indentation from where it deformed around the screw.
IMG_4586.JPG
IMG_4592.JPG
\

This is my first Street dedicated RC. Got my setup done for now and today I took it out for my 3rd drive. Also just got a radiolink rc6gs and connected (that range is beautiful). But holy hell this thing is terrifying in all the best ways. But there was a lesson learned today, actually 2. First one being downforce is actually quite necessary when going somewhere around 90! (And driving into the wind) A flying limitless is not a happy limitless....Second lesson was street reflectors are not friends, which led to flight number 2! Which broke a shock cap and that's it thankfully. Missed a light pole and a tree by a narrow margin. But there was no sadness, all smiles even after the crash, what a beautiful car. Madness.
Mind telling what electronics , and motor you started with?

I'm familiar with hunting "road turtles".
View attachment 235437

It put up a good fight but I won, because it came out is two chunks. Note the indentation from where it deformed around the screw.
View attachment 235438View attachment 235439\
Road turtles I love it!! I am quite certain mine has some stuck in it as well right now :ROFLMAO:
Mind telling what electronics , and motor you started with?
Pretty sure I started with a max 5 and a 5687 motor. Now I have a xlx2 with a tp 56 motor. Forgot what the length is though

Hey fellow speed guys

Movie Horror GIF by The Grudge

@StephenSchandelmayer just remember to take an extra look at safety for yourself and others.
I had to stop running near my home and drive 30 mins away so that I can be on a safer road. No chance of pedestrians, reduced traffic, and safer for the car also (less crashes.)

Speed running is a rush unlike anything out there, but she can break your heart!

I had to stop running near my home and drive 30 mins away so that I can be on a safer road. No chance of pedestrians, reduced traffic, and safer for the car also (less crashes.)

Speed running is a rush unlike anything out there, but she can break your heart!

Yup you have to watch out for everything. This was only 4S @ 80 something MPH.

I modified what you said, just a bit: "Speed running is a rush unlike anything out there, but she can break your wallet!"

Speed runnin, a blast, it's all I do. 8s limitless, over 100+ mph. On 6s and climbing, up 2 theeth on pinion when feel like it..80mph talion, leaving it as is...and sold 60mph kraton, .. no more r/c stuff more me..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back