Fireteam Why didn't I do this sooner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
20221215_150206.jpg

20221215_150153.jpg
20221215_150121.jpg
20221215_150138.jpg

So I had to find something to do with my 2nd fireteam that the sale provided me with. I didn't really do anything but add exb braces and yeet the body and tossed on a typhon body because I love that typhon buggy look.

Crazy how just doing that has transformed this thing into a total animal. I didn't think just changing the body would make that big of a difference but wow losing all that weight is bonkers. This thing is nasty with the TP 4070 1700kv geared 23/50.

Only thing I don't like is how easy it rolls over in the grass. Stupid easy lol, I'm going to have to lower the ride height a little or make it wider. I also want to add a wing, looks like I can fit wing mounts and still keep the rear bumper so I'm going to try that. Maybe a kraton wing? I'm not sure. It sure looks mean and aggresive as hell as is though!!

I did this over a year ago, befor the FT came out.
A cut up Lim body fits better.:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 262879
I actually debated going with the limitless body after I saw your post in my research. I really like the look of the typhon body a helluva lot more though. :ROFLMAO:

I actually debated going with the limitless body after I saw your post in my research. I really like the look of the typhon body a helluva lot more though. :ROFLMAO:
I do also like the Typhon body better.
I couldn't find a large scale Buggy body however. I had a spare JennysRC Lim body sitting here doin nothing but collecting dust.

I do also like the Typhon body better.
I couldn't find a large scale Buggy body however. I had a spare JennysRC Lim body sitting here doin nothing but collecting dust.

I felt the same... I can see why you'd go with the typhon, I tried it too. If you could just scale it up somehow, but still look cool exposed. I copied SrC's limitless body idea and still think it looks pretty good and has better coverage. Not that it really matters, still gets dirty anyway. I change around the body all the time on it, maybe i'll try the typhon for a while.

@dure16 I think you can put kraton hubs that are wider? I'm not 100% sure though.

The Typhon body looks badass on there! I think it needs to be black though, brother.
You know, I think I will do that! I have a clear body already and some black paint. I actually did black for my stretched typhon with felony diffs and it looked really good.

image010.jpg

How would you make it wider? Doesn’t it already have the wide arms?
Yea it has the arms but not the kraton hubs etc. I also have +13 mm iirc? extensions I could toss on.

Nice!! 🤛
Love the Typhon body!!
I debated on going with the Typhon on my 1/7 buggy = my 2x Typhon!

But did what SrC did w Limitless body

722BB341-D71E-404A-9BAD-299BBF4C57E4.jpeg

7A808AB3-10B4-4A11-BE32-E1CE85A004C0.jpeg

93D5B8D7-000B-4F3D-B970-39FA059860C7.jpeg

Is it just me or is the Limitless body just an extended, less teardrop shaped, Typhon body?
I was thinking same thing...pretty similar

Last edited:
A7E770E0-D793-4735-8F9C-1B7E588071B8.jpeg

@Moirae This is somehow the best picture I have of it but regarding putting a wing on with the rear bumper, the @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mount fits so perfectly in the rear bumper you would swear it's meant for it. It fits between the flaps and the bumper actually supports the mount a bit. Never tried the stock mount though, his are just too beautiful

View attachment 262928
@Moirae This is somehow the best picture I have of it but regarding putting a wing on with the rear bumper, the @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mount fits so perfectly in the rear bumper you would swear it's meant for it. It fits between the flaps and the bumper actually supports the mount a bit. Never tried the stock mount though, his are just too beautiful
Something about that picture just looks so clean and beautiful. I could shelf queen that just like that lol

View attachment 262928
Sweet!! I have a bunch of spare 3drc mounts :cool:

Sweet!! I have a bunch of spare 3drc mounts :cool:
I have a few as well lol.....honestly shocked I have never done 2 different colors 😂
Something about that picture just looks so clean and beautiful. I could shelf queen that just like that lol
Haha man it really is, thank you. But I must say when both the motors are in it......
1671161930214.gif

View attachment 262872
View attachment 262873View attachment 262874View attachment 262875

So I had to find something to do with my 2nd fireteam that the sale provided me with. I didn't really do anything but add exb braces and yeet the body and tossed on a typhon body because I love that typhon buggy look.

Crazy how just doing that has transformed this thing into a total animal. I didn't think just changing the body would make that big of a difference but wow losing all that weight is bonkers. This thing is nasty with the TP 4070 1700kv geared 23/50.

Only thing I don't like is how easy it rolls over in the grass. Stupid easy lol, I'm going to have to lower the ride height a little or make it wider. I also want to add a wing, looks like I can fit wing mounts and still keep the rear bumper so I'm going to try that. Maybe a kraton wing? I'm not sure. It sure looks mean and aggresive as hell as is though!!
Hey where did the back half go!? Might need to stitch two bodies together :cool:

View attachment 262872
View attachment 262873View attachment 262874View attachment 262875

Im not an expert, but would huge weight silicone in the front diff help a bit to not roll?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back