Why do adults feel the need to B.S.?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was an "impromptu" sub/teacher's aid at random schools of my choosing before the pandemic... The problem students and clowns that normally got detention in my day (80-90's) have behavioral aides follow them all day, it's a different branch of special ed.

Now I feel like I took the red pill. I look at some adults like, " OMG you would've had an aide if they had them back then!"
Or I think back at kids that would've had a behavioral aide when I was in school :unsure:

One time I kept asking "Why?" as one of my students kept piling on lies. He eventually got stumped :ROFLMAO: with a blank stare.

its the same no matter what hobby. I still get a kick out of having truly fast cars.....my daily is a mid 10 second camaro.....yet, according to most driving a some POS car, they can kick my As* when their car is done/cousin car is done/friends car is done...............always the same story. A bunch of wannabee wishful thinking idiots who don't have the ability, or the first clue what it takes, living in some made of world of their choosing.

Traxxas reps program Trx LHS's to say that. My LHS tells me the same exact thing. It's like programming that cults use. No lie. :ROFLMAO:
That's some tasty kool aid you go there!

I don't get the BS'ing either... to me, it's just annoying, especially when your trying to figure out a solution to a problem your having. Just had something similar on another forum. Pretty sure a couple of the guys on there just wait for people to post stuff so they can say your wrong. Most recent thing was regarding t-maxx bulkheads being weak. I had t-maxx's for 3-4 years 15 or so years ago. I went through bulkheads every weekend. Was I crashing a lot? Sure. Did I hit brick walls at full throttle? Sure, a couple times. But a simple front or rear landing in the grass would break them... every... single... time. Response was "I've never had issues with the bulkheads, traxxas fixed that problem with a brace and different material"... That may be true, but even with aluminum ones, screws would snap off, threads would strip, hinge pins would bend and gets stuck. Was just an annoying design that could use some work. Unless they made new bulks out of titanium...

Last edited:
Ok, so, not a tall tale. We are new to RC cars. I have my Notorious and both of my Son's have Kratons. We decided on an outing to the local park for a little rip. Mine went down early (ate the servo). One of my Sons was blasting around testing the range of his radio (farther than he could accurately steer). His 14 y/o daughter decided to go and check out the truck at the far end of the park. Bone-head Dad decided he would spook her by driving close to her and turning away. Did I say he was too far to accurately steer? Yep, ran over is daughter with the Kraton, she fell and broke her wrist. Momma grounded him from his car and it still sits in my garage. He can only use it under adult supervision.
On one trip flying back from overseas, I landed before I left .. and it seriously was like a 36 hour Sunday.
I did that too! Left Kadena AFB and landed in Hawaii before I left.

Last edited:
The X-Maxx is the BeSt RC EveR :ROFLMAO:

This is the single constant I get online, at my LHS, & from 99% of the folks with one. I'm not even tired of it anymore. I react to it with my usual huff & move on. Maybe I'm just feeling left out since this truck is by far the biggest POS I have. But as long as I have one, I can still dream it's a great truck, right? :ROFLMAO:

VW. Used to restore them. now too old to crawl under them and work on restoring old RC's
Big bug fan right here! I had a 73 (March) Super and had to give it up in 98 because of a move. I'd like to get a 65 hard top. My museum piece would be a Hebmuller. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back