Why do most of you call your rigs “SHE” ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solution
In my opinion, as a heterosexual male, a possible term of endearment to an object of affection ¿ Simply my opinion and in no way meant as disrespect to anyone of any denomination.
Man she looks good ¡

View attachment 136756
No argument here.
Damn! This bad boy is tough!

D174DD00-2875-44CB-AF73-756E530D70F3.jpeg
Okay, thanks for enlightening me. Let’s all be happy Ze, Xem, Zirs, Hir bashers.
In this age of snowflakes, here are the following acceptable names for your rigs:

View attachment 136771
I look at my rigs as the “guys” or even more so as gender neutral, they’re just a bunch of plastic and metal that take up a lot of my time.

My rig and I will be happier when "It" becomes fixed upon parts arriving. Enjoyed the enlightenment as well.

But then there is Herby, Kitt, General Lee, seems to be a lot of names for cars of either gender. (y)

Too many to call them anything.

I don't think there's a cut and shut "truth" here as, with a lot of historical linguistic quirks, the why was never really recorded. In Indo-European languages grammatical gender is common and most things are a he or a she (and sometimes a "neutral" gender too). Old English also had a gender system but it got lost over years of linguistic evolution - "the", "it" etc are obvs neutral.

The Latin "navis" for boat is female and Norse is "skeid" also female . Anyone who knows their English etymology though will know the word for boat is male in French (le bateau) and is probably the root word for boat. There's also a lot of postulation that boat gender in English is linked to "goddess" superstitions in sailors - she's watching over us etc.

I suspect the custom of cars being female just carried the superstition from boats and ships!

And FWIW mine are all girls and all have names Tyvonne the Typhon, Maureen (Mo) the Mojave and Norma the Notorious!

Last edited:
I just call um kraton, out cast, n talion. Followed by lil kraton , big rock n lil typhon. Followed buy trx 4 , slash and erevo

Because she is as expensive as a girlfriend. That's why I stay single. I can't afford my ladies and a girlfriend

Back