Why do most of you call your rigs “SHE” ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solution
In my opinion, as a heterosexual male, a possible term of endearment to an object of affection ¿ Simply my opinion and in no way meant as disrespect to anyone of any denomination.
Man she looks good ¡

View attachment 136756
No argument here.
Damn! This bad boy is tough!

D174DD00-2875-44CB-AF73-756E530D70F3.jpeg
Historically it’s been boats and airplanes, not so much cars.
It ain't just planes and ships. Have you never seen:
GIF by FirstAndMonday

And it goes further than that. As a guitarist I've given a guitar a name...and it wasn't Steve. I think it's because as men we often tend to isolate with our obsessions and we begin to see it as our companion on whatever journey we happen to be on at the time and, statistically, the vast and overwhelming majority of men love women and having them in our lives. Yeah, this is some armchair psychology but that's my take.
In this age of snowflakes, here are the following acceptable names for your rigs:

View attachment 136771
Burn it. Burn it with fire.
flame thrower fire GIF

It’s an objective/subjective question...
I did but... then my daughter informed me that my blue cars (three) have to be boys. The other colors (five) have to be girls. They go out on dates sometimes according to her, especially the pink vorteks and blue granite 😅

I don't call my cars "he" or "she", but they must be both because they multiply.

Star-Trek-The-Trouble-with-Tribbles-3-700x416.jpg
That’s the best explanation yet 😂 and you even posted from one of my favorite Star Trek episodes!

We call it She because Scale cars are called She.
How I see it.
Why we call Scale cars "She" is another topic and probably the better question.:giggle:

For me it stems from boats where naming a boat after a female is good luck.
Yup, that is where it seems to have started. In so many of the old books I’ve read, as far back as the 1600s, they refer to ships as ‘she’.

Back