Kraton Why do people choose the kraton over a talion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to get some of those grp’s for my mojave to bomb around parking lots with a bigger pinion. How are they? Are they similar size to the katar?
Side by side - Katar and GRP 1/5.

Again, not necessarily for speed but for longevity for drift, slide etc with good speed. For top speed you would need to gear differently.

Last edited:
Side by side - Katar and GRP 1/5.

Again, not for necessarily for speed but for longevity for drift, slide etc with good speed. For top speed you would need to gear differently.
I appreciate the side by side shot, very helpful !
For some reason I have such a hard time buying tires/wheels without being able to hold them in hand. Just wasted so much money on rubber I ended up not using it makes me gun-shy lol

I love my kraton v3 6s over the low profile looks of the other cars and trucks. Loved the video but the kraton is capable of so much more than what your doing with it once the suspension is dialed in for the terrain. It has taken me a while to get it so it doesn't flip on grass and street (should have been set up better from factory in my opinion) but now that I have found that balance it's full throttle up and down the track absorbing huge bumps and blasting through others. 20ft air and 50mph to 55mph or so depending on the tires I am running. Needs lots of space to run free. My only complaint is my 5000 genace batteries only last about 15min per run if I am lucky. 500k in the center and 50 front and rear if I remember correctly.

I love my kraton v3 6s over the low profile looks of the other cars and trucks. Loved the video but the kraton is capable of so much more than what your doing with it once the suspension is dialed in for the terrain. It has taken me a while to get it so it doesn't flip on grass and street (should have been set up better from factory in my opinion) but now that I have found that balance it's full throttle up and down the track absorbing huge bumps and blasting through others. 20ft air and 50mph to 55mph or so depending on the tires I am running. Needs lots of space to run free. My only complaint is my 5000 genace batteries only last about 15min per run if I am lucky. 500k in the center and 50 front and rear if I remember correctly.
camber?

My thought are that the kraton is a truggy with a mt body and the talion is a pure truggy. Does the kraton have longer shocks or something? I'm only asking because I'm going to buy one or the other soon. either one will get a 1/5 8s system

Last edited:
Talion has shorter front shocks, highest weight oil and strongest springs. Check the parts list on arrma. Couldn't tell you how they differ in the back. Front shock tower is lower as well.

Looks like tires are bigger on the kraton. I bet that's the biggest difference. From this pic, it looks like if you had the same tires on both that the talion would be taller and have more clearance. is this an optical illusion?

Screenshot_20200309-113045_Chrome.jpg

Wheelbase is the same. Motor placement is different. The Talion is better balanced. Talion shock towers are the shortest of all the 6S bashing rigs. Shocks are super stiff (2000 cst). Both use the same arms but the Talion uses the Typhon hubs and hexes. They handle very differently. Talion is much more agile. My favorite is the Talion followed closely by the Kraton.

I have both and my Kraton is a blast to drive on my backyard track but the Talion smokes the kraton ! the talion just handles so so well it's just not a fair race between them IMO I don't drive skate parks so I can't compare to that type of driving style and handling

Have you done anything to your krayton or is it stock. Stock was fun but it wheelied too easy and ballooned the front tires bad. I changed the shock oil and diff oils to higher weights and it really helped with keeping the front down and grabbing the turns. I have the rear spring tight and the fronts pretty loose and it handles quite well now. I really need to go to a local park and see how it compares to some of the other trucks and truggies. For me I really like the style of the truggy.

Kraton has more mods than my talion, kraton has all the rpm goodies as well as T-bone wheelie bar diff have had several different lube combos started with 30/1mil/60 but have since changed to 20/ 1mil/30 trying improve steering but think problem was wearing servo saver, It also has Savxo 1210 servo HR servo mount HR front and rear braces M2C shock mounts and droop screws Hex6 esc Yeah dual fans for motor so it's not as tricked out as a lot here but enough to haul ass!! almost forgot 14t pinion
Talion has rpm bumper, M2C front and rear Braces and droop screws , backflip LPs and 15t pinion diffs 20/500/30

Steering has driven me crazy. My son's $150 cars turned better. I regretted the purchase for a long time until recently. It shouldn't have been so hard to get it to turn under throttle without flipping over or not turning at all. It still has a hard time staying straight on a fast straight run and hard turns tend to spin out and lose grip on the rear in dirt so there is more work to do. If I anticipate the loss of grip I can use it to my advantage and it's fun to slide it around and kick dirt everywhere. I guess that's part of the fun. I almost need 2 or 3 cars. 1 for grass, dirt, and another for the street. I also have 3 different sets of tires 1 for each terrain which also has been very helpful.

Just made this video from the yesterdays bashing session.
Clearly the Talion is inferior in rough terrain (NOT!), can't jump and just drives hideously! ;) :ROFLMAO:

I own both, love them both in their own way. Talion is lighter and more nimble, itcan clearly handle rough terrain but it does have less ground clearance, I could care less. On the other hand it handles superior on road.

Other benefit of owning both, once one is broken you still have another ready to destroy! ?

Just finished my 1/5 tire conversion:
Before:

After:

Thanks to:
@Uplift-RC ; @-IronMan-
You can always do the extended arm travel mod that Thomas did to his. That helps ?

I know that some after market A arms add holes further out, do you know of any that add them further in, like this mod does?

I prefer my #6s #Beefed up #KRATON for #bashing and #Blasting but those #Talion's are off the chain to drive and super fun.

Attachments

• Side Shot Finnisher.jpg
    Side Shot Finnisher.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Side shot of THE KRATON .jpg
    Side shot of THE KRATON .jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 58
  • New Body Finnisher.jpg
    New Body Finnisher.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 65
N00b here. So why is the Talion better than the Kraton then? (Genuine question, I have neither.)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back