Kraton Why do people choose the kraton over a talion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N00b here. So why is the Talion better than the Kraton then? (Genuine question, I have neither.)
@RJUK - They are both awesome rigs!! It's about what you want out of your rig and what kind of driving you do.
Different strokes for different folks but I am sure my man @jkflow would happy to fill in and tell you the differences since he has both cars! I went with a 6s #KRATON and a #6s #Notorious since I am not really into speed quite yet!!!

Tell ya what my #6s #KRATON now looks off the charts with these new #SRC All Terrian Belted Tires!! Man, I love how these new skins performance on grass or street on 6s and they will not and I repeat ballon on you what so ever!

SRC Skins 2.jpeg

Last edited:
N00b here. So why is the Talion better than the Kraton then? (Genuine question, I have neither.)
I prefer the Talion just because it handles better. The terrain I bash on is fine for either truck and I don't mind the Talion body. It doesn't make the Talion better, I just like it a little bit more.

I prefer the Talion just because it handles better. The terrain I bash on is fine for either truck and I don't mind the Talion body. It doesn't make the Talion better, I just like it a little bit more.
The Talion looks longer, but somebody said they have the same wheelbase?

I was considering a Kraton 6s for my next rig if I get another, but perhaps the Talion would be the better option?

I'm another who prefers the look of the Kraton though, if I'm honest.

It's narrower and has smaller wheels and body so you might get the impression it's longer.

I have a Kraton and just ordered Katars to make it closer to a Talion. Snappier. The Kraton is a bit... Fat.

The bodies, well not a fan of either. The Noto/Outcast, now that looks like something. Thinking of a 70s, 80s truck body for my Kraton. Something realistic.

If you want to drive in hard surfaces, street, groomed track, hard pack dirt or gravel.i can see possibly Talion being a better choice, never had one. Kraton is the most popular Arrma, made to compete with the very popular E-Revo. It was a far stronger superior choice to the original 6s (lol) E-Revo. It has bigger tires and more ground clear, more for off road bashing and bigger suspension to absorb the stupid big send it jumps. The first Gen were nearly identical, then they made the Talion suspension shorter, touted for higher speeds, skinnier tires. I've heard the rims will crack.

I prefer the Talion, anyone who has owned both will have their favourite. To me the Talion does things with ease, the lighter more nibble vehicle seems to glide over rough terrain rather than plough through it. It's no contest in speed and handling on smoother surfaces. It can quickly be changed into a flipping and jumping machine with some heavier tyres. It jumps with better balance than any other Arrma I've owned, it just doesn't do flips as easy as a Kraton with the stock tyres. It's a newer design platform and it sure feels better to drive to me. I feel it's a better setup car out of the box with less to spend to really enjoy it. I wish I'd bought a Talion long before I did, I think people are caught up with the Kraton, but it is really a case of a win win, either is great. Talion is my go to and if i could only have one it would be a Talion. If you don't like the body change it.

Not the best example of skill, but to me the Talion doesn't hold anything back if you like to launch it.
20190313_111016-01.jpeg
20190313_110929-02.jpeg

Last edited:
I prefer the Talion, anyone who has owned both will have their favourite. To me the Talion does things with ease, the lighter more nibble vehicle seems to glide over rough terrain rather than plough through it. It's no contest in speed and handling on smoother surfaces. It can quickly be changed into a flipping and jumping machine with some heavier tyres. It jumps with better balance than any other Arrma I've owned, it just doesn't do flips as easy as a Kraton with the stock tyres. It's a newer design platform and it sure feels better to drive to me. I feel it's a better setup car out of the box with less to spend to really enjoy it. I wish I'd bought a Talion long before I did, I think people are caught up with the Kraton, but it is really a case of a win win, either is great. Talion is my go to and if i could only have one it would be a Talion. If you don't like the body change it.

Not the best example of skill, but to me the Talion doesn't hold anything back if you like to launch it.
View attachment 69972View attachment 69971
Missed you, brother. Glad to see you pop in now and again! Maybe we will get a new vid from you soon? ???

thanks for the video and may I say that is one damn good looking Talion!!!!

Primarrma
1st thing that video is off the charts brother of you #Blasting your rig!!
Here is a short clip of this killer construction site I happened to find on my lunch break!

Yesterdays session, Talion on road with 1/5 GRP tires and a little bashing with my Kraton.

Which one is better? Neither. Anything that was said above is true. Kraton better all around but Talion is just a beast iin other areas.
Talion, in this fashion, is nimble on the road, agile and fast.
With stock tires, I used up 1 set in about 4 packs :eek: while I have no visible wear on the GRP's.

Kraton felt like a pregnant cow in comparison but it's mainly due to tires. I couldn't have run the Talion in the grass even with stock tires. This grass was ankle deep and is taller than it looks.

Kraton ESC overheated and went into thermal shutdown after ~ 10 min but worked fine otherwise. Keep in mind it's ~90F and I had a 15T pinion installed. Normally it's not an issue in shorter grass but this was extreme. Motor temp was ~ 150 with dual fans running.

Caught a light flu (Not the -19, there is other crud out there) and didn't make it to the construction site. Thanks @Uplift-RC !

Watching the videos I learned 2 things. The kraton seems to absorb the bumps with greater suspension travel rather slapping the ground and second I drive my car a lot faster and harder than it seems most people do. One of these days I should record a run or 2 for posterity.

Bracing is designed better on the talion. There are little nubs on the braces which lock in to the chassis. Sure all the plastic braces aren’t great, but when you buy aluminum braces for the talion if they are made properly will have the little triangles that fit into the chassis. The photo is of a foot I made for my carbon braces, it gives you the idea of what I’m talking about. In the same photo, upper right you see where it goes.

The Kraton, just having the bolt is prone to loosen up. I’ve even sheared off the bolt heads on several occasions.
@Primarrma , I miss your videos, that one is a classic. Another guys talion videos I miss is @Dutch213, anyone thinking the talion can’t take it should check out those videos.

Attachments

• 868C79B1-7850-43BF-A042-1FB286B3039C.jpeg
    868C79B1-7850-43BF-A042-1FB286B3039C.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Pregnant cow haha. On street I would totally agree. Although the right tires and some suspension tuning it can do very well. 2 beasts for 2 driving styles and situations.

Watching the videos I learned 2 things. The kraton seems to absorb the bumps with greater suspension travel rather slapping the ground and second I drive my car a lot faster and harder than it seems most people do. One of these days I should record a run or 2 for posterity.
One thing you will find in making videos is that the speed does not translate very well. They say that a camera adds 20lbs to people and it easily reduces the sense of speed by 20 mph, just my impression.

Plus

Plus the balance is incredible on the Talion.
MunchView attachment 68872 anything this thing ❤ titanium chassis and outcast everything else
I love me my Talion V3. I run it 6S it’s a Speed zDemond. I never really liked the Keaton until this years looks. Even then I walked in to drop my money on that 6S beast and my guy said your Talion is still as monster. Buy the 4S instead. Took a 150.00 out of their pockets by that. Bottom line I love’em both.

I love me my Talion V3. I run it 6S it’s a Speed zDemond. I never really liked the Keaton until this years looks. Even then I walked in to drop my money on that 6S beast and my guy said your Talion is still as monster. Buy the 4S instead. Took a 150.00 out of their pockets by that. Bottom line I love’em both.
that was a mistake, the 4s vs the 6s KRATON is night and day brother!!!!

Last edited:
Hi all.
My vote for the Talion. I think it can be used on more site and places , for example , circuits.

monster / racing mode

Talion v2 still alive ;-)

Attachments

• 6B0524E7-6596-4404-B8F2-FB0401F1C608.jpeg
    6B0524E7-6596-4404-B8F2-FB0401F1C608.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 54
  • F9EA2EA4-BC9A-4858-8D5C-12C987FDC541.jpeg
    F9EA2EA4-BC9A-4858-8D5C-12C987FDC541.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 52
Wouldn't the typhon be even better at handling than the talion? I'm considering a 6s rig too but between a typhon or kraton

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back