Why do people use such heavy center diff oil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you install the Tekno buggy hexes or do you use an adapter? Those Tekno hexes are pricey.
Yeah I used the 17mm buggy hex's. Found an ebay seller with a killer price about $20 per pair and the steel diff cross pins for like $10 and couldn't resist. It ended up working out. I saved a bunch on the Tower Hobbies sale for the SCT at the time, and I already had the ESC/motor/servo and tires (hoons) and body laying around. So I was either going to buy new 12mm hex wheels/tires or buy the 17mm buggy hex to use the hoons. That was an easy choice.

Went from 100K max LSD to 200k less LSD and to 30k in the rear and 20k open in the front. It felt weird driving my kraton after i deove the felony. Inconstant steering. Not bad but i think it can be better. My outcast i might keep it at 100k and run heavier oil on the rear because that thing suffers from undeersteer even more

Thr. Expo at the Radio makes it just right for me. Many overlook the ESC and radio parameters.
:cool:

Now I have this on the DX5C, but there is little info to explain most of those functions on how to use it. How does that work for you, or how do you use it?

Now I have this on the DX5C, but there is little info to explain most of those functions on how to use it. How does that work for you, or how do you use it?
Steering EXPO ( Exponential ). It a handy little function on the non basic radios that allow you to set how the servo works. Normally your servo works in a linear fashion, you move the wheel 5% and the servo moves 5% of it's available throw. %10 is %10 ETC. Now with expo you can make the steering behave a lot more " dull " around the center part of the throw. You will still get %100 throw and full turn on your transmitter but you can set it up on a curve so say that original %5 of steering input only nets you %1 of throw at the servo, %20 of steering nets you %5, %50 nets you %25 and when you get towards the far side of input it start catching up with that %100 input %100 throw. It really helps make for much smoother small inputs for corrections without having to be so damn precise when you need just a hair of servo travel. I almost always start with %50 of expo in the setting on the radio and try it out ( rarely is less noticeable ). If it still seems twitchy as hell and hard to get a small correction in to hold your wanted line, add some more %10 at a time until you are happy. If you get to the point where it seems like your steering is like a on/off switch you have gone too far but still it isn't to your liking for drivability, you probably have an issue with your car elsewhere ( alignment, diffs, dampers ) or you just suck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back