Why do you own multiple RCs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AristonC

I'm not addicted, you are!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
Ok so now that I've been bitten by the bug, I'm already looking at getting another new RC after having recently purchased the Typhon Mega 550 and the Kraton 6S V5. That desire got me thinking, how many do I plan to end up owning and why? I'm only one guy so I can only use one at a time but my assumption is that perhaps one day I wanna street bash on a set of street tires and the next I may want to launch off the dirt and grass. Those interests lend themselves to having one of each type of RC, but at what point do you decide to own multiple street bashers or multiple off-road bashers? Please excuse my waxing philosophic for a Tuesday, but I figured I'd ask the question here. :unsure:

Why do you own multiple RCs and how often do you run them all?

I have 1 rc car and I plan to get many more for different applications also there is supposed to be one car (at all times) that is getting upgrades on it so once I finish my talion to my liking then I will get a new one...or 10
steve carell idk GIF

there is one more reason (this is not my picture i found it on the forum)

buy-an-arrma-rc.jpg

I only have two hobby grades in the past three years and they're both on road, a 4 Tec 2 and Infraction. I try to run them once a week, tires permitting..:ROFLMAO:
I need a truck, but I don't know which one, and that will be good enough for the time being. I want something scale-ish, but fast. Mojave or SBR2.0. I think the recent scale bodies of 1/10 and the nostalgic toy looks of the Infrac/Limitless/Felony drew me in, the best looking stock RC bodies ever IMO.

I used to convert 80's toy grades, because they can handle the power more than the new toys ironically. Some 00's Maistos are useable too. I thought the builds seemed too easy with these real hobby grades... not with Arrma :geek: So many little details they left on the table.

Ok so now that I've been bitten by the bug, I'm already looking at getting another new RC after having recently purchased the Typhon Mega 550 and the Kraton 6S V5. That desire got me thinking, how many do I plan to end up owning and why? I'm only one guy so I can only use one at a time but my assumption is that perhaps one day I wanna street bash on a set of street tires and the next I may want to launch off the dirt and grass. Those interests lend themselves to having one of each type of RC, but at what point do you decide to own multiple street bashers or multiple off-road bashers? Please excuse my waxing philosophic for a Tuesday, but I figured I'd ask the question here. :unsure:

Because I break them a lot.

I have 1 rc car and I plan to get many more for different applications also there is supposed to be one car (at all times) that is getting upgrades on it so once I finish my talion to my liking then I will get a new one...or 10
steve carell idk GIF

there is one more reason (this is not my picture i found it on the forum)

View attachment 129610
what happens if I sold my soul already

Over the past 20 years, I've probably had 30 different ones. Sometimes more than one of the same thing... In most cases, it was to get something tougher than what I had to deal with what I do with them. I'm not a street or crawler guy, just lots of jumping/flipping and bashing. Up until recently, it was mostly skate park and just running in local parks. For a while, I had some bashing friends that had trucks and they built ramps, which was fun.

As it is, I currently have 7 I run outside, and 2 of them are nitro's... still a hold out. lol! One I haven't driven since 2019 (savage flux hp), but the others I cycle through. I drive my nitro's maybe a couple times a year just to remind myself what it's like to run for an hour without shutting things off.

Kind of amusing that I have 3 from the same product line, traxxas revo's. One big block conversion, one with a 21TM and a v2 brushless version. Out of the 7 trucks, 3 get the most wheel time. My outcast 6s, ERBEv2 and Slash chassis stampede 4x4 that I run on 4S. I run all 3 at the same places and bash them all just as hard as the next.

I've been thinking about getting a 6S or nitro 1/8th buggy again now that I have the grass bmx track to run at... or a maxx 4s... will see how things go with my job over the next year before I drop the coin on anything that expensive for fun though.

don't no really. I have 3 kratons one is a v5 not even used it yet had it sinse november. two outcasts one has never been used had it two years also have a talion v3 also got two hpi vorzas two hpi baja 5bs and a losi mini eight and thinking of getting kraton 1/5 exb or the new talion

Like others, I enjoy most things about the hobby .. though I'm not one to upgrade everything on a vehicle. Because I have played with various aspects of the hobby, and enjoy them, I pretty much have a vehicle that fits in each class (on road, off road, m class, buggy, MT, short course, crawler, nitro, electric - though aside from 3 vehicles, I'm all electric currently) .. and of course my semi's (which I love).

Because I'm a RC junkie and can't help myself. I run whatever I feel like at that time. Try to run them all as much as possible and try not to dwell on just a couple. Have a half dozen nitros and a couple boats to mix things up.

"Why do I own multiple RC's and how often do I run them?"
A). Because I can!!!!
#2). As often as I can. And
C). They're fun and I guess like my wife says "I never grew up!!"

So that I have a backup incase my other one breaks. I also wanted a smaller cheaper setup with more plastic to give it a try. My original is the Outcast 6s v4. A couple weeks ago I got a Granite 3s

Damn you all call yourself addicted and crazy and what am I then. I got over 20 cars and a few old ones I am restoring or convert to electric. I also have a full alu 6 wheel truck. 6 mini drones special eddition star wars from Proppel I think and I rented a room so everything can be stored and repaired. Its also my hobbyroom.

I have 55 now and counting. I love them all and want more. I just call myself a collector now. I try to drive a different one everyday but easier said than done.
don’t be scared to own a bunch. I walk in my Rc room and say “what do I feel like driving today”

I've loved RC's since I got my first in 1991. Can't even remember what it was, but I remember it being so fast that it broke when I ran it straight into a parked car lol. Been addicted ever since.
I Currently own 15 cars, 4 boats and 1 drone...and I plan on getting more.

giphy.gif

I own multiple for several reasons.
1) In life I am told I'm only a good person if I have one wife (which I do), one choice (do what she says) or I will have one crappy marriage.
2) I'm a car freak. Simple and put.
3) I grew up poor, my father wasn't really around...and now I'm blessed to have the income to enjoy this hobby with my sons and daughter. So for me, Disney, Six Flags, Walmart...doesn't matter, because you can't put a price on happiness brother! Bash on!
I own:
Redcat Caldera 2s
Arrma Infraction v2
Arrma Kraton 6s
Arrma Notorious 6s
Arrma Outkast 8s
Traxxas X Maxx
Big Rock v3
Arrma Mojave v3
And on its way...Kraton EXB roller 1/5

When I got my first RC in like 27 years, TRX4 Defender, I realized that I wanted a second one for friends to run since most my friends aren't in the hobby. So my Buddy truck concept started out. I got a 2nd crawler and then ran into a good deal on a 3rd. (TRX6) When I decided to get into bashers It didn't take much time with the first basher, Senton 3S to decide to get a buddy truck, Big Rock 3S. Got an Infraction V1 due to another good deal and really glad I got it. Too much truck for rookies so no buddy vehicles there. Got an Xmaxx for reasons. Now I am on a 6S kick. Mojave EXB, Kraton EXB, Notorious. The thought was that, like a license test in a racing video game to get to faster cars, as the buddy shows competency with the 3S, they can get to the more halo trucks like the 6S or Xmaxx.

Also realizing that trucks break more bashing and that variety is good, I rarely bring less that 3 trucks to bash. Just in case. Those of you that can take one truck out are probably better drivers than I am. *though I am not shy about sending it... Back to prepping 5-6 trucks for tomorrows group bash.

Hurricane

I own a few just because they each have a different purpose
I sell and buy new projects often after I run out of stuff to do to them.
Kraton 8s exb 1/5
Kraton 6s with everything done
Granite with everything done
Big rock just sits for for others to use
Losi 8ight
Infraction speed run
Losi mini T 2.0 speed run
Gen 8 AXE FPV
Traxxas nitro street vintage
Couple drones
Helicopter

Started due to covid shutdown, been looking for an excuse to buy one. Bought a granite box 3s after much research. Bug bit me hard. More research bought my second rig mt410. LOVE IT! been looking for others but, no track nearby I got to parks with ramp to bash. Wish the was a track around to get into some racing....still looking at what to get next.

In my case the word RC only is vague hehe.
I have 6 running race quads
1 Long Range Quad
6 Fixed Wings 3 are long range
4 Airplanes, 2 are long range
As of 3 days ago I now have 4 Arrma vehicles.
Granite 3S
Kraton V4 6S
Typhon V5 6S
Limitless that will be built up to 8S
I think thats all :)
I try to fly, drive them as much as life allows
Lately the cars are winning because of weather :)

Oh yea I do have 1 36in boat as well :)

Last edited:
Back