Why do you own multiple RCs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AristonC

I'm not addicted, you are!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
Ok so now that I've been bitten by the bug, I'm already looking at getting another new RC after having recently purchased the Typhon Mega 550 and the Kraton 6S V5. That desire got me thinking, how many do I plan to end up owning and why? I'm only one guy so I can only use one at a time but my assumption is that perhaps one day I wanna street bash on a set of street tires and the next I may want to launch off the dirt and grass. Those interests lend themselves to having one of each type of RC, but at what point do you decide to own multiple street bashers or multiple off-road bashers? Please excuse my waxing philosophic for a Tuesday, but I figured I'd ask the question here. :unsure:

Why do you own multiple RCs and how often do you run them all?

Ok so now that I've been bitten by the bug, I'm already looking at getting another new RC after having recently purchased the Typhon Mega 550 and the Kraton 6S V5. That desire got me thinking, how many do I plan to end up owning and why? I'm only one guy so I can only use one at a time but my assumption is that perhaps one day I wanna street bash on a set of street tires and the next I may want to launch off the dirt and grass. Those interests lend themselves to having one of each type of RC, but at what point do you decide to own multiple street bashers or multiple off-road bashers? Please excuse my waxing philosophic for a Tuesday, but I figured I'd ask the question here. :unsure:

Why do you own multiple RCs and how often do you run them all?
Before the virus shutdown, I only had a Nero BR6S and an Exceed Mad Torque 1/8 crawler. During the shutdown, I ended up building a 2nd Nero from spare parts, then a 3rd one that's still just a roller. I try to run them at least once a week.

My son used to be into nitro rc cars years ago, but hadn't run any for many years until he had a bad accident.
Then he got back into it in a big way, XMaxx, Kraton 6S, Redcat 10MTE, Losi Rock Rey. His 9 year old daughter loves
them too. So his daughter gets a Wltoys buggy, then Grandpa (Me) gets one too.

You guessed it, "Slippery Slope!" Now I have 20 RC cars, 1/32, 1/28, 1/24, 1/20, 1/18, 1/16, 1/14, 1/12, 1/10.
Crawlers, Bashers, Speed Runners, Drifters. Then when I think all is well in RC Land, he starts clay track offroad
racing. My granddaughter says, "Papa when are you going start racing?"

YEP!!!, now I own a 1/10 Losi racing buggy, she has the same. My son has a buggy and a Short Course Truck.
Now I'm thinking maybe I need a SCT or 4x4 Mod Truck racer.

The only Arrma I have at the moment is a Senton, but the needle is deep into my arm and a Kraton & Limitless are
are like a light at the end of a tunnel. I mean a Bullet Train Light coming at me!!!

O.C.D. I need at least 3 of everything................. Plus I love my Arrmas, I will be buying more. There are things you can waste money on and things that last my RC's last, if that's a waste so be it. I also fly Drones and when I buy one it hurts so Not as often. When we bash my Wife always has a choice of cars so she loves it as well. Plus truthfully with RC's I get away with spending money so yeah I'm gonna spend it.

It’s a definite addiction & and I have a addictive personality
😳😂🤘🏻🤘🏻 got my 1st Arrma in November & I know own 5 😎

My son used to be into nitro rc cars years ago, but hadn't run any for many years until he had a bad accident.
Then he got back into it in a big way, XMaxx, Kraton 6S, Redcat 10MTE, Losi Rock Rey. His 9 year old daughter loves
them too. So his daughter gets a Wltoys buggy, then Grandpa (Me) gets one too.

You guessed it, "Slippery Slope!" Now I have 20 RC cars, 1/32, 1/28, 1/24, 1/20, 1/18, 1/16, 1/14, 1/12, 1/10.
Crawlers, Bashers, Speed Runners, Drifters. Then when I think all is well in RC Land, he starts clay track offroad
racing. My granddaughter says, "Papa when are you going start racing?"

YEP!!!, now I own a 1/10 Losi racing buggy, she has the same. My son has a buggy and a Short Course Truck.
Now I'm thinking maybe I need a SCT or 4x4 Mod Truck racer.

The only Arrma I have at the moment is a Senton, but the needle is deep into my arm and a Kraton & Limitless are
are like a light at the end of a tunnel. I mean a Bullet Train Light coming at me!!!
got pics of your collection? also- get that Kraton!, resisting is useless...lol

Hi
I got into the hobby back at the start of the first lock down, I brought an hpi bullet Mt and St for myself and my grandson, then I thought I needed to go faster and bigger so I git a notorious 6s, the a big rock 6s, then I built a famous then came the nomad db8 and the sc10 set. And I thought that's enough now I've just nearly finished upgrading my traxxas trx4 and I'm waiting for lol another order losi super baja rey 2.0. I think I may have developed a bit of an addiction 🤔😅xx

got pics of your collection? also- get that Kraton!, resisting is useless...lol
I've got some, notorious abs set to follow

20201101_135639.jpg

20200704_182847.jpg

It’s a definite addiction & and I have a addictive personality
😳😂🤘🏻🤘🏻 got my 1st Arrma in November & I know own 5 😎
That it is. I started in November as well with the voltage. I know have four rigs waiting on delivery of my fifth. I, and most people here have it pretty bad, in a good way lol 😆. But its all worth it not just the rigs but the people as well! Cheers and happy bashing.

I allways take with me 2, cus ya neva know 🤗
Yep, I do the same. Always 2, sometimes 3. On occasion, one or two will still be able to move under it's own power when I'm done for the day. Those are usually what I call the "red herring days".

I walk in my Rc room and say “what do I feel like driving today”

I think of it more as "what do I want to order parts for tonight and fix next week"... lol!

I've been in RC for years, I have 21 or 22 RC vehicles. Mostly cars, but some drones as well. I have or have had everything from dirt to street to crawler to race buggy to monster truck to RC submarines at one time or another. I'm into speedrunning now mostly, though I still enjoy crawling and drones too. But my favorite thing about RC is the building aspect, even more than driving them. I get a kick out of seeing my builds come to life

I've been in RC for years, I have 21 or 22 RC vehicles. Mostly cars, but some drones as well. I have or have had everything from dirt to street to crawler to race buggy to monster truck to RC submarines at one time or another. I'm into speedrunning now mostly, though I still enjoy crawling and drones too. But my favorite thing about RC is the building aspect, even more than driving them. I get a kick out of seeing my builds come to life
Ever tried a semi? :)

And of course with the question I've asked to spawn this thread, I feed my own RC demon and end up with another two RCs:
  • Traxxas XMaxx - Wanted to go big on this one
  • Arrma Infraction V2 - with the Kraton down for repairs, I ended up getting a street basher

That it is. I started in November as well with the voltage. I know have four rigs waiting on delivery of my fifth. I, and most people here have it pretty bad, in a good way lol 😆. But its all worth it not just the rigs but the people as well! Cheers and happy bashing.
Here's most of them right now. I have to slow down lol but dang its hard. So much I want to get and do to what I have Nd want to get. Can anyone help me? Lolol 😅🤣😂
Lll

Attachments

• 20210308_210822.jpg
    20210308_210822.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 46
Here's most of them right now. I have to slow down lol but dang its hard. So much I want to get and do to what I have Nd want to get. Can anyone help me? Lolol 😅🤣😂
Lll
Love the beetle body - why you hiding it under the tv? ;)

Back