Why do you own multiple RCs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AristonC

I'm not addicted, you are!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
Ok so now that I've been bitten by the bug, I'm already looking at getting another new RC after having recently purchased the Typhon Mega 550 and the Kraton 6S V5. That desire got me thinking, how many do I plan to end up owning and why? I'm only one guy so I can only use one at a time but my assumption is that perhaps one day I wanna street bash on a set of street tires and the next I may want to launch off the dirt and grass. Those interests lend themselves to having one of each type of RC, but at what point do you decide to own multiple street bashers or multiple off-road bashers? Please excuse my waxing philosophic for a Tuesday, but I figured I'd ask the question here. :unsure:

Why do you own multiple RCs and how often do you run them all?

Ok so now that I've been bitten by the bug, I'm already looking at getting another new RC after having recently purchased the Typhon Mega 550 and the Kraton 6S V5. That desire got me thinking, how many do I plan to end up owning and why? I'm only one guy so I can only use one at a time but my assumption is that perhaps one day I wanna street bash on a set of street tires and the next I may want to launch off the dirt and grass. Those interests lend themselves to having one of each type of RC, but at what point do you decide to own multiple street bashers or multiple off-road bashers? Please excuse my waxing philosophic for a Tuesday, but I figured I'd ask the question here. :unsure:

Different cars for different occasions 🤙💪👍

Attachments

• 20210306_184536.jpg
    20210306_184536.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20210221_214317_698.jpg
    IMG_20210221_214317_698.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20210220-222342_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-222342_Instagram.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20210220-222155_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-222155_Instagram.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I got a typhon mega than made a brushless than I wanted a monster truck so grab a1/10 than I need a bigger monster truck so got 1/8 now I need one that I can do speed runs

My 2 kids and I have 49 rc-cars hidden in the house. o_O
Wife knows there are some in the house, but lucky me, she never counted.
LG Knut

Just hide the other bodies. Have as many cars as you want and just use the same body when you walk thru the house with one...

Seriously, you guys should write a book, it would be a best seller!

Here's most of them right now. I have to slow down lol but dang its hard. So much I want to get and do to what I have Nd want to get. Can anyone help me? Lolol 😅🤣😂
Lll
Where's the senton?
I have a redcat volcano 16, Arrma Typhon 3s, drone, Mini Aeroscout, and i'm going to look at a used Arrma Typhon 4s today. Planning to make it into a speed car. 🤷‍♂️

I like the idea of multiple rigs with the same body color, that would work with my wife for sure. lmao

I have both crawlers and bashers. My 4 crawlers (Redcat Gen8 Scout, Axial SCX10.2, Traxxas TRX-4, and Rochobby 1/6 scale 1941 Jeep) all run a bit differently, so I have a variety. My 2 bashers are a buggy (Typhon 3S) and a monster truck (Redcat Blackout XTE Pro). I run my RC vehicles depending on what type of mood I'm in. If I don't feel like driving, I can run the bashers in my neighborhood. For the crawlers to be get a workout I have to go to a local regional park.

I see a Vorteks in my very near future.

That was taken before I got it
This one? I put my red body on it to match the shocks. I lowered it too. I put my 3d printed wing(designed by @Camaroboy383)on the front to act as a splitter and add downforce. It's too high right now though.
I have yet to do a real speed run yet because the rear diff is stripped. Will the hot racing ones for the BLX line fit the MEGA line?

The motor can do 4s and the ESC can do 6s. I could probably run 6s and be fine If I watched my temps. I have an 18T pinion on right now, planning to put a 20T or 22T.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1098556501/
PXL_20210421_030156387.jpg

PXL_20210421_033254935.jpg

I think my problem was that I worked at a hobby store when I started into the serious RC stuff. I kept seeing all the new stuff coming out and instantly wanted one of each. I've had quite a few of them but was lucky enough to be able to sell them at the store because my boss knew that I would just end up buying another one. It was also good PR for the store since I would run them out in the parking lot and the guys would watch. My first Nitro was the 10th scale HPI RS4 2 RTR. My first monster truck was the HPI Savage 21.

Well hey I’ve been here about 2 years now and so far I own 5 highly upgraded RCs. They are all built for speed but each has different electronic systems for different levels of performance. I don’t get to run them a lot cuz I work like a horse but the whole thing is still a lot of fun. It keeps me sane

I like to build them when new. I make sure to have no doubles. And I like how they all have different characteristics.
I share all 17 of mine with my son. I don't hide them from wife. Never did. She can say whatever and has before. I don't care. I work Hard and play hard. It's a clean hobby. I don't gamble or go to bars. I could very well have other bad $vices$. I don't.
And what she does is her business. And it is much more like complain all the time. I pay no mind.
I am not a child. I don't answer to her. And vice versa.

Back