Senton Why does everyone talk down on Mega?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riley2fast

Active Military
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Senton 6s
Everybody said I’d get bored with it in a week, but my Senton Mega is a blast and very controllable...

And I made it a whole 18 days before I got a new toy, lol
F6F91550-1B7F-488E-8514-3BCE4301AAB1.jpeg

7859C60B-37B0-42E9-89D2-CD4FE70F8160.jpeg

I think it relates really well to riding motorcycles, everyone says to avoid sub-600 cc bikes because they aren’t “real” bikes. You can still have a lot of fun on a little guy, and put that extra cash into some sweet swag as a bonus.

Glad you are likeing your Senton Mega!

I did really have fun with my Granite Mega, even when it was brushed. BUT - that stock motor and ESC would overheat EVERY RUN about 10-15 minutes in. If it would have been able to last thru a battery or two without over heating, I would have left it brushed for a long time, I think. Or at least, longer than the month I did... LOL.

But then problem #2 -the Mega truck is designed to NOT be able to handle brushless power without upgrades. Upgrades that were not available when I started modding...

That kraton 4s is blast. Took me about 30 days till I built my outcast 4s.

Now I’ve been eyeing the Senton.

I have a ball with my Senton Mega. I just wanted something to bash around in the front and back yards with, and have fun. It has good battery life, handles decently, and is plenty fast enough for me.

I'm not into crazy jumps and back-flips, and "Extreme" stunts. I just like to putter around and have fun with my grandson.

I wanna go fast I "climb in" my 1/10th scale on-road, or head for the wide open areas with my Limitless.

That is, as soon as I FIND some decent "wide open" areas.

I'll probably scare myself silly with it.....

The reason I talk down about them is because they are not very durable and not a wise investment compared to the BLX. For the added $80 invested, you get way more than $100 in value. There are lots of users who come here asking for help due to burnt brushed motors, usually because they didn’t break them in properly. Then they start down the rabbit hole of upgrading to brushless and end up spending a small fortune chasing the BLX build status.

I went down this path myself before the BLX versions existed. As soon as the Granite BLX was available, I grabbed one.

I liked the ones I went through when they worked. They were plenty fast imo and we’re still fun. Overheating is a common issue though and a lot want to upgrade after a short time of ownership. Mine were for a 3 year old that was hard on the throttle and wasn’t going to listen to “only keep it on concrete” to keep heat down. Opted for the blx Senton for him and he’s now a pro driver ha.

We got the Kraton out last night and I have to agree, it’s a wild ride and jets off like a bat outta hell. My boy flipped it three times just trying to get use to it. Had to explain that brakes are important too, lol

I guess I haven’t ran into the heating issues on the Mega yet because I split my time every run over grass and concrete and don’t stick to one. Thanks for the insight! Always good to know what to watch out for!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back