Felony Why don't Arrma release Felony and Infraction Rollers? Are they afraid make alot Money?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rccar4life

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon TLR
I Believe Arrma could sell Thousands and Thousands more rollers if they Made Felony and Infraction as Rollers.

I would by one or maybe two Felony Rollers right away if there was any. I believe MANY wish do the same.

We don't like 6s kombos anymore right ?
We Love 8s kombos offcourse And 30kg + Servos

Why do they only sell the Limitless as Roller ? (Street Cars)

Who’s Jason ?
What I meant was they make more money selling RTR cause people like us will purchase upgrades anyway,,,,,,
If that makes sense.
CEO of Arrma RC. The market for rollers is pretty niche, and Arrma has plenty of real sales data to back this up with the off road rigs and with the Limitless vs Felony and Infraction.

I got 2 kraton rollers and 2 limitless rollers. I'm doing my part! 🤣 sucks tho because even if they don't sell as well why not do it anyway? Not like it really cost them anything extra.

I got 2 kraton rollers and 2 limitless rollers. I'm doing my part! 🤣 sucks tho because even if they don't sell as well why not do it anyway? Not like it really cost them anything extra.
Again according to Jason it does........................... He also says that they wont do kits because they cost more for them to produce instead of ready to run cars.

Again according to Jason it does........................... He also says that they wont do kits because they cost more for them to produce instead of ready to run cars.
lol that makes no sense. How does it cost more to release a roller compared to an rtr. Literally the only difference is taking out the electronics. It should make them more money. Unless they have some poop deal with hobbywing that makes them want/need to force it down our throats.

Literally makes no logical sense.

lol that makes no sense. How does it cost more to release a roller compared to an rtr. Literally the only difference is taking out the electronics. It should make them more money. Unless they have some poop deal with hobbywing that makes them want/need to force it down our throats.

Literally makes no logical sense.

For them it is. They have to make different manuals, different boxes ect. If they were smart they could figure out that they could use the same boxes for both vehicles and if they would make a decent manual it would easily work for both the rtr and the roller.

Rollers don't sell well ?
What ?

Sad to hear, why do people love stock electrics ? they always runs 2 hot and stock servos SUCKS .
Cant almost believe this is true,

anyways if Jason says so, then it is so.
Strange.

I really avoid RTR to the max.
I love choose my electronics my self. And have pre build rig, this is why i love rollers so much.

I have three Limitless
and almost all EXB rollers ever made, or maybe i have all ?

I would think the cost of producing rollers aren't much less than the full rtr cars. You still have to pay people to assemble them, with only a few less parts than rtr. I can't see that taking so much less time that you're raking in huge profits. You're also not guaranteed that the customer is going to buy your esc, motor, servo, radio etc. You could even argue they are losing money there. The packaging and shipping are the same. I can totally see them not being huge money makers.

Rollers also mean less warranty replacements for electronics.

Rollers also mean less warranty replacements for electronics.
You ever wonder how many motors, escs and servos they send out as replacements in a year?

Horizon have change out thousands of Spectrum ESCs .
Rollers must be better Business almost i believe anyways ?

So now they have Discount Limitless ?
Atleast in EU where i live. Horizonhobby.de has discount it now. Same thing in states or what ?

I did buy one more Limitless now because of this. Also clear body to it , and painted it this way

1 White peal
2 Silver glitter
3 Neon Green
4 Silver glitter again
5 Backed with white

Result is Amazing, Candygreen with holo effect
Picture not showing how Amazing the paint is in real sadly

LIMITLESS CUSTOM PAINT.jpg

I have 8s kombo in it.
Happy to own many of these nice rigs. Love these Limitlesses

Horizon have change out thousands of Spectrum ESCs .
Rollers must be better Business almost i believe anyways ?

So now they have Discount Limitless ?
Atleast in EU where i live. Horizonhobby.de has discount it now. Same thing in states or what ?

I did buy one more Limitless now because of this. Also clear body to it , and painted it this way

1 White peal
2 Silver glitter
3 Neon Green
4 Silver glitter again
5 Backed with white

Result is Amazing, Candygreen with holo effect
Picture not showing how Amazing the paint is in real sadly

I have 8s kombo in it.
Happy to own many of these nice rigs. Love these Limitlesses

I bet it looks awesome in daylight; does it have different effect depending if in direct sunlight or not? (thinking as the light is bright enough to reflect back the deeper colors.

tl:dr the unit cost of esc's is probably VERY low. I imagine the "off brand" type are closer to actual cost, it takes but a few dollars to get improved electronic components. (meaning the diff between no-name esc and HW is probably 10$-20$ type range of additional quality electrical components.

From the price of esc's back in 2010 or so, when the retail side was more "wild west" there were some DIRT cheap ESCs, sensored mostly and worked just as well as todays (generally speaking, and excluding features / efficiency of pwm ect).the software side with respect to features / programmability / pwm ect was not what it is today.

point am trying to highlight is retail side of market is MUCH more "matured" now, meaning just a couple of very popular brands, and one or two "no name" very cheap ESCs (which still lack the difficult to produce software side of programmability / features). The actual unit cost, excluding the development overhead is very low compared to the retail price.

inputs for ESC's / motors are VERY high production; very common caps, FET's, motor rotors / stators. I appreciate motors maybe uniquely designed for RC, and imagine those with such unique / uncommon design would be significantly more expensive than "standard" designs.

CC is a bit different, they say made in US; so presumably are assembled in US so that component of labour would SIGNIFICANTLY higher than the "null" cost of assembly done in lower cost labour countries.

The circuit of ESCs is not complex at all; either is a PWM to control the motor well enough for RC use, even with non-sensored now-a-days cheap no name ESC has low cogging. This is why in early days of ESC brushless sensored was more common, sensorless (castle, then MUCH more expensive compared to competitors) was faster / more powerful, but required improved PWM control, programing that requires R&D.

With HW also putting in development monies is win / win, sure the market has less varied product and is more expensive now, but at least is matured enough that there are at least two manufactures putting $ into development competing for decent margins.

I guess it is tricky to get the assembly just right so there are few customer returns; and presumably if outsourcing assembly are looking for lower cost...trying to strike good balance. (I believe Castle does their own assembly so probably has better control of this; if doing that likely have stricter chip quality tolerance deals; cant have high labour build an esc thats broke before assembly) and maybe get screwed by chip manufacturer and or assembly sometimes.

I hope someday Tesla decides to start an RC Car Toy department....what they could make; WOW!....and of all aspects of RC. Rocket outlet magic alloys and best in class motor control and motor design! I imagine all those Tesla engineers could make an insane RC top to bottom.

AI RC touring car / racing? lol build your RC and toss it into the race; new major adjustment concern; AI driver lol

Last edited:
tl:dr the unit cost of esc's is probably VERY low. I imagine the "off brand" type are closer to actual cost, it takes but a few dollars to get improved electronic components. (meaning the diff between no-name esc and HW is probably 10$-20$ type range of additional quality electrical components.

From the price of esc's back in 2010 or so, when the retail side was more "wild west" there were some DIRT cheap ESCs, sensored mostly and worked just as well as todays (generally speaking, and excluding features / efficiency of pwm ect).the software side with respect to features / programmability / pwm ect was not what it is today.

point am trying to highlight is retail side of market is MUCH more "matured" now, meaning just a couple of very popular brands, and one or two "no name" very cheap ESCs (which still lack the difficult to produce software side of programmability / features). The actual unit cost, excluding the development overhead is very low compared to the retail price.

inputs for ESC's / motors are VERY high production; very common caps, FET's, motor rotors / stators. I appreciate motors maybe uniquely designed for RC, and imagine those with such unique / uncommon design would be significantly more expensive than "standard" designs.

CC is a bit different, they say made in US; so presumably are assembled in US so that component of labour would SIGNIFICANTLY higher than the "null" cost of assembly done in lower cost labour countries.

The circuit of ESCs is not complex at all; either is a PWM to control the motor well enough for RC use, even with non-sensored now-a-days cheap no name ESC has low cogging. This is why in early days of ESC brushless sensored was more common, sensorless (castle, then MUCH more expensive compared to competitors) was faster / more powerful, but required improved PWM control, programing that requires R&D.

With HW also putting in development monies is win / win, sure the market has less varied product and is more expensive now, but at least is matured enough that there are at least two manufactures putting $ into development competing for decent margins.

I guess it is tricky to get the assembly just right so there are few customer returns; and presumably if outsourcing assembly are looking for lower cost...trying to strike good balance. (I believe Castle does their own assembly so probably has better control of this; if doing that likely have stricter chip quality tolerance deals; cant have high labour build an esc thats broke before assembly) and maybe get screwed by chip manufacturer and or assembly sometimes.

I hope someday Tesla decides to start an RC Car Toy department....what they could make; WOW!....and of all aspects of RC. Rocket outlet magic alloys and best in class motor control and motor design! I imagine all those Tesla engineers could make an insane RC top to bottom.

AI RC touring car / racing? lol build your RC and toss it into the race; new major adjustment concern; AI driver lol

There are more than 2, Maclan Racing, Tekin, SkyRC and MGM are just a few that I can think of .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back