Granite Why Don't hobby shops stock these?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caffeine

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Granite
  3. Voltage
Has anyone seen one for sale in there local shop?
So Neither of my local hobby shops could even get me a Voltage, (Ottawa Canada) Arrma says-"The Voltage Granite and Fazon are both for sale alive an well " I stopped in a RC shop in Florida (Vacation) they have every RC car truck I could imagine and they love Arrma!! BUT! They don't carry the Voltage series.. seemed to know very little about it at all.

its prob because you were in a high price point area and they just know they can sell the 6s stuff...

if you are still there, stop by a hobbytown... they will have what you need..

If buying them online was an option, why were you asking about local shops? I was just letting you know that there was somewhere down the 401 where you could find them.
Online was not my plan.. buying at my local shop was.. My local shop told me they could get everything I could get online at a better price then I was seeing online.. A friend of mine told me to go Arrma. So I found one the Voltage and tried to order through both shops... In person. not over the phone.. both told me they could not get it. one shop assumed they where being discontinued and that was the Reason. In the end I ordered online. My local shops told me they could get parts. So I'm supported. I just find it strange that they couldn't get it.

My guess is the profit margin is too low and the demand for parts is not that great. The lower the list price the less they make on the truck. If I were a hobby shop I'd rather have my shelf space reserved for trucksI could make more money on (which really isn't a lot to begin with). The other part of the equation is that it is an entry level truck most likely intended for kids. When it breaks my guess it gets thrown in a closet and forgotten, unlike the Mega, 3s BLX and the 6s trucks where the owner will buy the parts and fix it. The LHS makes the bulk of the money from parts sales and I doubt there is much of that with the Voltage series.

Total mystery to me. We absolutely love our Voltage models. They killed it with these trucks.

We bought the only one our LHS had in stock. I kinda made up my mind of what to get before purchasing but asked the shop about this model and what was a better value in their shop. He steered me to a $230 Traxxas that was nice and all, but he missed the point of value.

For that price we also got a fancy pants Venom DuoPro charger and two Zeee LiPo batteries of eBay and Amazon respectively.

Literally, we're invested about $425 in for two whole cars with batteries and charger and lipo bag and a few new servos and savers but we're fast building memories my son and I will have for a lifetime.

I don't see how we could be having any more fun than we are at that higher price point. Our experiences with these cars are awesome and these will, if anything can, make my boy a fan of the hobby.

Best gift ever.

Affordable. Quality. They can coexist!!

Last edited:
That’s great to hear. Only been out once so far as the weather is very cold. But my li ion cells are charging I have 24 of them now for the two Cars. When the weather warms a bit we will be ready to play!

I'm in the San Francisco area. pm me your address and I'll look into shipping. I have no idea what it runs to send stuff across the northern border.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back