Why don't women have hobbies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grihn

It's small, but it's fierce!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Infraction
  4. Outcast 4s
  5. Senton 6s
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Vendetta
  8. Vorteks
  9. Voltage
So, first off...obviously this is a generalization, and there are women out there with all sorts of vast interests, and there are a lot of men out there who do nothing but sit on ass.

However, speaking in general terms, why don't women have "traditional" hobbies? It seems to me their "hobbies" involve social media, trash reality TV, and occasionally having the girls over for Wine and gossip.

I have about 10 hobbies that keep me busy and give me plenty of things to share with the kids. From RC, building scale models, gunsmithing and shooting, racing 1:1, fishing, hunting, a bit of woodworking, and a few other various things, I'm never at a loss for something to do...in fact, sometimes I struggle deciding what to do. My wife, on the other hand, has a really hard time finding a hobby to keep her mind occupied, and she falls into slumps of feeling constantly bored, which I believe is partially attributed to her lack of interests outside of social media and crap television. And that's not exclusive to her...almost all of my close friends' wives are this way, as is my mom, my sister, my mother-in-law...etc. My point is, my observation is from far more than just one person. I wonder why this is so common?

Last edited:
So, first off...obviously this is a generalization, and there are women out there with all sorts of vast interests, and there are a lot of men out there who do nothing but sit on ass.

However, speaking in general terms, why don't women have "traditional" hobbies? It seems to me their "hobbies" involve social media, trash reality TV, and occasionally having the girls over for Wine and gossip.

I have about 10 hobbies that keep me busy and give me plenty of things to share with the kids. From RC, building scale models, gunsmithing and shooting, racing 1:1, fishing, hunting, a bit of woodworking, and a few other various things, I'm never at a loss for something to do...in fact, sometimes I struggle deciding what to do. My wire, on the other hand, has a really hard time finding a hobby to keep her mind occupied, and she falls into slumps of feeling constantly bored, which I believe is partially attributed to her lack of interests outside of social media and crap television. And that's not exclusive to her...almost all of my close friends' wives are this way, as is my mom, my sister, my mother-in-law...etc. My point is, my observation is from far more than just one person. I wonder why this is so common?
Cause they take care of our dumb asses and our hobbies. :ROFLMAO:
Respect to them for that!

Depends on the woman I see Most younger women around the Kardashian aged millennial like to take Duck facing selfies and Tik Tok videos as a hobby. I feel most woman subscribe to the Fakebook popularity contest that society has made it. Lets face it society is in the toilet bowl on the last spin before the flush.

On the flip side my wife like most of the same things I do, bashing, guns, but she also has her own stuff like sewing, knitting, quilting etc as well.

Because on top of two incomes per household, men dump child responsibilities and housekeeping on women, freeing men up to play toy cars and to wonder about why their women are unhappy or lack energy. I suppose asking them directly would be a start.

Because on top of two incomes per household, men dump child responsibilities and housekeeping on women, freeing men up to play toy cars and to wonder about why their women are unhappy or lack energy. I suppose asking them directly would be a start.
Yes please ask @grihn and keep us posted. :ROFLMAO:

My wife has a hobby riding, showing and giving lessons with her horses. I think maybe it's the younger generation that can't take their eyes off the phone or TV.

My wife works or sleeps…. She has no friends and no hobbies…. That’s how she likes it. Simple life for her. I could never do that…. But she also came here from Germany when she was 13… she only had her mom here with her (who she came to America with) but she was murdered 2010… so my wife is a recluse….

When people ask us about our marriage… I tell them it’s great…. We are into S&M…. She sleeps and I end up being a master-baiter….. 🎣 hahaha

***tried to keep it family friendly!

My wife works or sleeps…. She has no friends and no hobbies…. That’s how she likes it. Simple life for her. I could never do that…. But she also came here from Germany when she was 13… she only had her mom here with her (who she came to America with) but she was murdered 2010… so my wife is a recluse….

When people ask us about our marriage… I tell them it’s great…. We are into S&M…. She sleeps and I end up being a master-baiter….. 🎣 hahaha

***tried to keep it family friendly!
I don't even know what to say.....
I want to cry and laugh.
😐

Well, if we are on stereotypes most women cook and clean and manage house in general so they don't have time for other things.
This is where my fiancé would have you in an armbar and tapping would mean nothing to her. :ROFLMAO: jk

Most of my female friends have hobbies. I have one who knits all sorts of stuf, few that are gamers, one that sells pictures of their butthole, one that makes bath bombs and a lot of artists.

I don’t see this really. My step daughter has 100 hobbies and it’s crazy. Arts and crafts are the main ones. My wife has a few…namely her daughter, but also knitting, painting, creating stuff (which is why I got her a cricut), and even joins me driving rc cars. She also works full time in IT for the VA. Then there is our ‘together’ hobby- us. Our little family. We both try to avoid blocking or being blocked from the others hobbies and interests but involving or trying to be involved even if just a little.

You know…maybe hobby is the wrong word as I see it applied towards men the most. ‘Interests’ may be the better description though it’s pretty much the same thing. I’ve had many female friends through the years and all had numerous interests but I’ve never heard a girl claim to have a hobby now that I think of it. ‘Interests’ is the word I hear.

Most of my female friends have hobbies. I have one who knits all sorts of stuf, few that are gamers, one that sells pictures of their butthole, one that makes bath bombs and a lot of artists.
Yes to the butthole pic sales person! :ROFLMAO:

I need to meet this person. I love explosions (not a terrorist) and if the police are looking for somebody who blew something up I can dissolve the bombs.
Maybe its the one who takes butthole pics, maybe the bath bombs are the result of those pics....
hot tub fart GIF

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back