Why don't women have hobbies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I resemble these remarks. I got rid of my first lock after 24 years. I had a grand time trying my key in all different kinds of attractive locks. These locks wanted to be opened! They enjoyed it as much as I did. After lots of fun I found a great lock! 👍

I hit 25 years and also experimented with a lock that was 20 years younger then me for 8 glorious and miserable months. But all it took was that one time, ugh. After that I had over a year to myself, thought real hard and then accidentally met the woman that I’m now married to.

Met her at the grocery store of all places 🙃 We met just in time to go through our own individual hells together… which made our own individual hells much easier to handle since they are now Our hells and We are so much stronger together then apart.

The real question is why are they so flipping emotional?
I mean their best friends uncles second cousins step dads doctors dog could die and they bawl their eyes out like their mom or dad died.

I hit 25 years and also experimented with a lock that was 20 years younger then me for 8 glorious and miserable months. But all it took was that one time, ugh. After that I had over a year to myself, thought real hard and then accidentally met the woman that I’m now married to.

Met her at the grocery store of all places 🙃 We met just in time to go through our own individual hells together… which made our own individual hells much easier to handle since they are now Our hells and We are so much stronger together then apart.

Stronger together, that is the key. I didn’t know what that meant until last year.

Stronger together, that is the key. I didn’t know what that meant until last year.
Strong as the link thats cutting all the other links necks......oh shi+... My bad. When the links like holding hands then its hard to seperate those links. Hopefully ur chain is bountiful 👍

@WildOwlWoodWorks has possibly just changed everything with another great paint job https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/customer-is-always-right.46774/
A: More women will want RC cars
or
B: I tell her I bought her a little something from LV and I'm never seen or heard from again:ROFLMAO:
20211217_190419.jpg

One last rip.

HOBBY definition:
(A pursuit outside one's regular occupation engaged in especially for relaxation)

Some, not all, make this "hobby" a lifestyle and it borders addiction if not totally addicted and it consumes people's lives and in some cases, makes people broke. I've seen it firsthand, literally.

I've never seen any women go out and buy Kate Spade, UGG, Manolo Blahnik, Jimmy Choo ETC. anything, go out and destroy them to bring them back home to "upgrade" them or bolt on aftermarket parts lol... :ROFLMAO:

IMO, calling RC'n a "hobby" is just a way for addicted grown men or children to justify spending money. I can tell you from experience as many others can, I never considered RC'n a "hobby" as I was a fully raging addict to it at one time. I would breathe it, smell it, taste it, and if offered, I would probably have injected it into my body. I would dream about it, I would get HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY thinking about the parts I have coming that evening when I got home from work. I've spent many hours away from my family (might be a good thing for some people) and spend countless hours online reading about it, in forums and constantly looking for race setups ETC..

I'm glad I'm in the low-risk category of becoming addicted to it again. I can probably count on one hand how many dollars I've spent on it this year and I'm happy about it.

👊✌️

So, first off...obviously this is a generalization, and there are women out there with all sorts of vast interests, and there are a lot of men out there who do nothing but sit on ass.

However, speaking in general terms, why don't women have "traditional" hobbies? It seems to me their "hobbies" involve social media, trash reality TV, and occasionally having the girls over for Wine and gossip.

I have about 10 hobbies that keep me busy and give me plenty of things to share with the kids. From RC, building scale models, gunsmithing and shooting, racing 1:1, fishing, hunting, a bit of woodworking, and a few other various things, I'm never at a loss for something to do...in fact, sometimes I struggle deciding what to do. My wife, on the other hand, has a really hard time finding a hobby to keep her mind occupied, and she falls into slumps of feeling constantly bored, which I believe is partially attributed to her lack of interests outside of social media and crap television. And that's not exclusive to her...almost all of my close friends' wives are this way, as is my mom, my sister, my mother-in-law...etc. My point is, my observation is from far more than just one person. I wonder why this is so common?
Piss an mone ,an looking for lost items is there fortay.

I asked my wife about hobbies. She shrugged and said "You know what mine are. Wait, where are you talking about this?". I told her and she said "Not all women are the same just as not all men are the same. That's why I married you. Now go make sure we have rock salt for tonight 'with a chuckle'". So I suppose you guys could ask your "others" instead of guessing. ;)

I asked my wife about hobbies. She shrugged and said "You know what mine are. Wait, where are you talking about this?". I told her and she said "Not all women are the same just as not all men are the same. That's why I married you. Now go make sure we have rock salt for tonight 'with a chuckle'". So I suppose you guys could ask your "others" instead of guessing. ;)
Love that! She knew you didnt come up with that question on your own.;):ROFLMAO: NOW GO GET SOME SALT!:p:ROFLMAO:

I'm seriously not here to start anything or to undermine anyones thoughts or feeling on the matter and to be clear I speak my personal opinion.

So, we know that the question was meant to be deeper than the obvious common knowledge and it was answered with an actual professor taught answer. So that has been established.. now my opinion and observation as far as that goes (not specifically), is that even though it was studied and tested and grant money dished out and years probably put into the study...in the end they answered what was already known which is what was said first by @SrC "Men are from Mars women are from Venus.
I recently read an article about a study done recently that proved smoking causes lung cancer. Now who the F agreed for that grant money to be used for that research?!?!?!:ROFLMAO:
My son who is in kindergarten can answer math equations in his head...we talking triple digit multiplication.
When tested he just put down the answer and didnt write down the formula. They assumed he was wrong (mistake!) and made him write it out.
Same answer deeper writing getting there. Damn kid...I don't know where he gets it from! I skipped school as much as possible and here he is with the D.O.E. not knowing how to deal with him without moving him away from his peers!!!:unsure:🤷‍♂️:ROFLMAO:

So no disrespect to anyone, but I feel that a question like that though some answers differ than others always come back to the same place.
All my personal take :)

^^^My son, the same thing. And the teachers always ask him to prove his work. When he doesn't or can't, they fault him. He can even get bad test grades at times, because of this. Yet his answers are correct. He gets frustrated. Not fair to him. If his mind can process the answer quickly and correct, why have him stress over proving how his mind works. I don't like the current method of school teaching for this reason. Among other reasons. Public schools here. All children, and adults, think and process information differently. In life, the correct end result, is what matters. How can a teacher micro manage a childs thought process. They are not psychologists.:( Yet some teachers think they are gods. It's the school admins. fault ultimately.
Sorry for my rant. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
My son who is in kindergarten can answer math equations in his head...we talking triple digit multiplication.
When tested he just put down the answer and didnt write down the formula. They assumed he was wrong (mistake!) and made him write it out.
Same answer deeper writing getting there. Damn kid...I don't know where he gets it from! I skipped school as much as possible and here he is with the D.O.E. not knowing how to deal with him without moving him away from his peers!!!:unsure:🤷‍♂️:ROFLMAO:

Made me think of something relevant to this thread. When I was in grade school I had similar aptitude for math, they gave me coursework from higher grade levels and I thought I was the poop... until in about 6th grade I met a girl who was possibly a legit mathematical genius and way better than me at anything related to math and science. Interestingly though, despite her ability she had very little interest in it and went on to get a humanities degree, start a people-centric business and write fiction as a hobby. Anecdotal of course, but it aligns with what they taught us about male vs female psychological orientation.

Made me think of something relevant to this thread. When I was in grade school I had similar aptitude for math, they gave me coursework from higher grade levels and I thought I was the poop... until in about 6th grade I met a girl who was possibly a legit mathematical genius and way better than me at anything related to math and science. Interestingly though, despite her ability she had very little interest in it and went on to get a humanities degree, start a people-centric business and write fiction as a hobby. Anecdotal of course, but it aligns with what they taught us about male vs female psychological orientation.
That is a great example if you ask me. Its a given we are wired differently psychologically for the different 'activities' that men and women evolved doing. We got past the caveman stage but our instincts tend to push us out and about more than our sometimes crazy counterparts.:p

So as far as you having a thing for math...they kept you with your classmates but gave you different work...? nice!
They are doing that with my son and trying their best to not let it be known that he's doing different work. I think its more so he doesn't feel different as appose to feeling better than anyone else...kindergarten. When he gets older though I really hope he doesn't let anything get to his head but still doesn't hold back his gift for learning.:)
^^^My son, the same thing. And the teachers always ask him to prove his work. When he doesn't or can't, they fault him. He can even get bad test grades at times, because of this. Yet his answers are correct. He gets frustrated. Not fair to him. If his mind can process the answer quickly and correct, why have him stress over proving how his mind works. I don't like the current method of school teaching for this reason. Among other reasons. Public schools here. All children, and adults, think and process information differently. In life, the correct end result, is what matters. How can a teacher micro manage a childs thought process. They are not psychologists.:( Yet some teachers think they are gods. It's the school admins. fault ultimately.
Sorry for my rant. :rolleyes:
Yep...not written out its wrong. My son gets frustrated also but at home we are starting to have him show the work when he's doing math.
The only reason I feel about teachers micro managing is they have too much kids to give enough attention to like the child should have...its the way of the public school system. We are very lucky my son has a teacher that recognized his gift but what about next year and the year after that...? :unsure::(

Last edited:
I've heard nasty comments from women in the neighourhood when going rc driving with my son. Outright sarcastic about us playing with little cars. Not just one. Just smiled and said something like:

"Well, most women just don't know how to play anymore."
"Not my fault that most women don't have hobbies."

Then giving them a sad pitifull look...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Get's them instantly quiet. What do they expect. Then they don't greet for a week or three. After that just a sheepish friendly smile from them.

Misogyny? No, child protection! Needs to be said.

After all I would not come over and tell them their self knit scarf sucks. Just imagine I stand next to their car when they are parking and start commenting. :p Would be pretty much the same thing. Seen too many men start in the rc hobby and stop because of a nagging wife. I think one or two out of ten who start the rc hobby stay with it.

Rc hobby to expensive? Why then is she driving that big fat car that she can't even park? :D

Kids do what parents do. We got hobby stuff all over the place. Wife, me and kids. But we don't do social media. Hobby is like refuelling for the soul.

Last edited:
I've heard nasty comments from women in the neighourhood when going rc driving with my son. Outright sarcastic about us playing with little cars. Not just one. Just smiled and said something like:

"Well, most women just don't know how to play anymore."
"Not my fault that most women don't have hobbies."

Then giving them a sad pitifull look...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Get's them instantly quiet. What do they expect. Then they don't greet for a week or three. After that just a sheepish friendly smile from them.

Misogyny? No, child protection! Needs to be said.

After all I would not come over and tell them their self knit scarf sucks. Just imagine I stand next to their car when they are parking and start commenting. :p Would be pretty much the same thing. Seen too many men start in the rc hobby and stop because of a nagging wife. I think one or two out of ten who start the rc hobby stay with it.

Rc hobby to expensive? Why then is she driving that big fat car that she can't even park? :D

Kids do what parents do. We got hobby stuff all over the place. Wife, me and kids. But we don't do social media. Hobby is like refuelling for the soul.

Never had that issue but I also don’t pay attention much. But if I ran into one of those types, I think I would just do the same thing that I did when we went to pick up my stepdaughter early from school one day. The office lady flippantly said, ‘oh! Are you here to get your granddaughter?’

My wife just finished chemo midyear and her hair is coming in short salt and pepper like. When I saw the look on my wife’s face I looked at the lady and said, ‘no it’s her daughter… by the way when are you due? How many months are you?’ The lady was heavy but not pregnant. She turned red, looked down and shut her mouth quick. I quietly, firmly said ‘try not assuming next time. Now call my stepdaughter, we need to go.’

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back