Why? (Ebay rant)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBadazz

RCHolic
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Felony
  4. Fireteam
  5. Granite
  6. Infraction
  7. Limitless
  8. Kraton 8S
  9. Kraton 6s
  10. Mojave EXB
  11. Notorious
  12. Outcast 4s
  13. Outcast 6s
  14. Outcast 8s
  15. Senton 6s
  16. Senton 3s
  17. Senton Mega
  18. Talion
  19. Typhon 3s
  20. Typhon 6s
  21. Vendetta
  22. Vorteks
  23. Infraction 4x4
So I go to sell my old Traxxas Stampede 2wd on ebay. It's well taken care of just a few scrapes of the body. Sold most of my old Traxxas stuff for a few decent bucks, but this one didn't sell as well as others. Has a Castle 3800kv powered by a quicrun10. Anyway the a guy buys it. I figured well something is better than nothing. So I wait for payment, and wait and wait. After the 3rd day, I'm like "dude you going to pay?" He's like " I only use ebay cards for payment and I live 60 miles from town, I'll pay you Tuesday, my day off" Ok I message Tuesday, no reply. So I cancelled for non payment.

Why do people bid on auction and not have money? I understand things happen, but say something if a person messages you. This is not the first time this has happened. So I had to relist and hope someone buys it with money. I blocked the last buyer. Not giving him a chance again.

Just trying to clear some space for new things and to keep my wife mouth shut! Lol.

Rant over!!!!!!

I had a similar experience recently. All of this gives me more perspective and grace towards retailers as they likely deal with a ton of this stuff.

I was selling a vintage K&B nitro motor, which went to $132.00 in the no reserve 7-day auction. The winner messages me that he didn't intend to pay that much (although he typed in that number that he would bid up to) and asked to cancel the sale. I do what he asks for, and now have to wait through another 7 days for a new auction/listing. The same guy wins again (I should have blocked him) and this time he wins for $68.00. Why it was so much less I will never know....
He then does not pay for 3-4 days. I messaged him and he was waiting for his pay check and would pay in 2 days. Fine...

Hey pays and I ship it out.

Last week I get a message from him that he wants to return the nitro motor. (Mind you the listing says no returns all over it).
He wants to return the motor because he cannot find a muffler that fits the motor!
I reminded him that the listing was sold as is and no returns. Good riddance!

I had a similar experience recently. All of this gives me more perspective and grace towards retailers as they likely deal with a ton of this stuff.

I was selling a vintage K&B nitro motor, which went to $132.00 in the no reserve 7-day auction. The winner messages me that he didn't intend to pay that much (although he typed in that number that he would bid up to) and asked to cancel the sale. I do what he asks for, and now have to wait through another 7 days for a new auction/listing. The same guy wins again (I should have blocked him) and this time he wins for $68.00. Why it was so much less I will never know....
He then does not pay for 3-4 days. I messaged him and he was waiting for his pay check and would pay in 2 days. Fine...

Hey pays and I ship it out.

Last week I get a message from him that he wants to return the nitro motor. (Mind you the listing says no returns all over it).
He wants to return the motor because he cannot find a muffler that fits the motor!
I reminded him that the listing was sold as is and no returns. Good riddance!
Didn't threaten negative feed back? I sold a phone awhile back. Listed it as Verizon. Buyer left a negative, because it doesn't work with his network in Mexico. I sold it to a U.S. address. I have another VZ prepaid sitting next to me . Don't feel like listing it and getting similar results.

Last edited:
Not a fan of eBay myself. Too many scammers and shady people. Plus the fees are ridiculous. I sold a bunch of stuff that was just taking up space last year to put some extra money in my pocket for RC builds. Not worth it to me.

I also had someone win a bid, but wanted to pay me extra to mail the item as a gift to a different address. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Who comes up with this $hit? They never paid and I had eBay block them.

I guess I've been pretty lucky whenever I sold anything. It's been a few years. One time, I did receive negative feedback when a huge snowstorm shut down travel and mail delivery for several days in the area I shipped it to. She said the shipping took too long. Whatever. Some people are just dumb.

Last edited:
Didn't threaten negative feed back? I sold a phone awhile back. Listed it as Verizon. Buyer left a negative, because it doesn't work with his network in Mexico. I sold it to a U.S. address. I have another VZ prepaid sitting next to me . Don't feel like listing it and getting similar results.
I don't think this guy was smart enough to figure out how to do that....
I did leave negative feedback on him though.

I guess I've been pretty lucky whenever I sold anything. It's been a few years. One time, I did receive negative feedback when a huge snowstorm shut down travel and mail delivery for several days in the area I shipped it to. She said the shipping took too long. Whatever. Some people are just dumb.
This reminds me years ago I delivered pizza, this lady that lives 15 minutes from the store on a normal day orders a pizza and fails to mention that they have half of the busy road that leads up to her place is under construction and they only have 1 way traffic with a 15 minute delay. Needless to say it took about 45 minutes to get to her place after she ordered the pizza. I ring the bell the door flies open she yanks the box out of my hands then says "I'm not fiddlesticking paying for this" then slammed the door in my face. I was like omg wow what a word that rhymes with hunt.

I've sold expensive Omega watches on Ebay, some worth over $1,500, and I've sold a few hundred dollars worth of camera gear there too. I have never had an issue with a sale, and I have never had a request for a return and refund. I regularly buy HO train stuff and RC parts on Ebay. As a buyer, I will not purchase anything on Ebay where the seller has very few transactions, or has a rating of less than 99.5%. Even at 99.5% I read the neutral and negative ratings before I buy.

Reminds why I stoped selling 3d printed RC parts.

1. You didn't include screws (auction doesn't mention screws)
2. Mail is slow or didn't arrive. (All items sent in 24hrs not labeled but picked up or at the P.O.)
3. Expect me to customize the part for free.
4. One customers claimed the part broke while the car was sitting . 3 weeks after receiving them. Asked for pics and they were beat to hell.
5. Thought I was a flea market and he could get his items for around 40% off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back