Typhon Why ebay! Why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Typhon 3s
Ebay really pi$$es me off at times with the delayed shipping! My castle swap was ordered a month ago! They messed up my order to begin with and on top of it are taking forever! Postponing my fun!

šŸ˜ 

Sorry....

Cannot control the vendors that use eBay and especially if it's overseas. RC stuff nowadays I expect things to be slow...

Sorry....

Cannot control the vendors that use eBay and especially if it's overseas. RC stuff nowadays I expect things to be slow...
I usually don't order much from ebay it's usually Amazon if I order from a 3rd parts site but even with other things I've bought from eBay it never took this long šŸ™„
Bet you can put some of that blame on USPS.
Ya that is true as well
I support my lhs. They always have something thatā€™ll work

covid has made some things crazy!
Oh I do too but my LHS doesn't carry certain things...I mean I couldve always had them order it for me but I just wanted to get a better price

584a8j.jpg

Oh I do too but my LHS doesn't carry certain things...I mean I couldve always had them order it for me but I just wanted to get a better price
This right here is the reason we no longer have LHS, and the ones who do don't keep much in stock. I had a LHS that carried Arrma just a couple blocks down from my house... not anymore.

Concerning supporting a LHS: My nearest RC store has mostly Traxxas and ARRMA bashers, and not too many repair parts, especially for ARRMA. I haven't seen any aftermarket parts in there either. His technical skills are excellent, but you pay dearly if you need repairs (I do my own). He charges full MSRP for everything, and adds 3% on to the price if you pay by credit card or debit card. And he has a "no return" policy. Is it any wonder I don't buy much from him?

USPS is a nightmare at times. It has gotten a little better than January but still slow. ebay is hit or miss...find a few good sellers and stick with them.
Sometimes China stuff gets here faster.......brutal.

Ebay really pi$$es me off at times with the delayed shipping! My castle swap was ordered a month ago! They messed up my order to begin with and on top of it are taking forever! Postponing my fun!

šŸ˜ 
Try ordering from Ali Express šŸ˜‰

Concerning supporting a LHS: My nearest RC store has mostly Traxxas and ARRMA bashers, and not too many repair parts, especially for ARRMA. I haven't seen any aftermarket parts in there either. His technical skills are excellent, but you pay dearly if you need repairs (I do my own). He charges full MSRP for everything, and adds 3% on to the price if you pay by credit card or debit card. And he has a "no return" policy. Is it any wonder I don't buy much from him?
sound exactly like one of my local hobby shops. Hence why I don't go back there. Same 3%. and no return policy. I was going to buy my Talion and not even use it and decide if I wanted to keep it. Guy told me once I buy it I can't return it no matter what.

On the flip side I went to another LHS to buy my Xmaxx and they were very knowledgeable and not pushy. Went back a couple of months later to buy some IC5 connectors to change out the ESC plugs and the guys didnā€™t charge for me for the adapters and even soldered it on for me totally free. I still tipped them $20 for lunch.

They get a lot of my business.

Last edited:
Since my original post, I found a new RC shop not far from my new house. The husband-and-wife owners run it as a second jobs, so they are only open about 16 hours a week. They carry a lot of Traxxas and Arrma parts. Their prices are the same as Amain: if Amain has a sale on something, so does their shop. Their customer service is fantastic, and there is no surcharge for credit or debit cards. The husband has been into RC for over 35 years, and he is an excellent repair person. The shop has an indoor carpet track and an outdoor dirt oval right now, and when the weather gets cooler they should be opening their new offroad dirt track. I've spent a lot of money there on vehicles and parts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back