Typhon Why has nobody made a center shaft cover for the 3s line?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That makes sense.. they can get quite annoying when they are within ear shot....mike makes some good videos, and he is very thorough.. nice to have ya in the 3d printing world man.. it's crazy how often you will use it just for stuff around the house.. it's like ace hardware on your table...lol...
Yep already fixed my granddaughters battery powered RangeRover sit in car. The damn thing came with parts missing out of the box from a Mexican manufacturer that went out of business. We bought it from Toys R Us who went out of business. Bought the extended warranty from a company that no longer exists. All around, bad deal. So I’m making the parts myself. That is what got me into 3D printing. I initially had my library print for me, but it takes a month for them to print anything, so I used my Amazon points to get the Ender 5.

Those bass turds got you! Hate that crap, big corporate getting one last dig in, never fails... o_O ....

That's the beauty of it my friend... I just cant wait until we have metal 3d printers available at a reasonable cost... how cool would it be to go out to your garage and print a set of bad to the bone cylinder heads... ??

That's the beauty of it my friend... I just cant wait until we have metal 3d printers available at a reasonable cost... how cool would it be to go out to your garage and print a set of bad to the bone cylinder heads... ??
The next thing we need is a cover for the front to keep rocks out of the steering rack without using a Dusty Motors cover that adds heat.

Nice part (y). But, what would happen if a pebble come inside from the front? Wouldn't it be better to let a pebble going out of the drive shaft instead of keeping it closed inside the cover. Most of the cars with center shaft cover i have, have peddle which come inside and stay stuck.

Hey @Camaroboy383 , Can you share the stl file please? Would love to print some up :)
Yes of course.. after I have the file completely sorted I'll share it with the world... it will be on thingiverse and I will send the stl to any interested here... still have to do some tweaking and testing..
Nice part (y). But, what would happen if a pebble come inside from the front? Wouldn't it be better to let a pebble going out of the drive shaft instead of keeping it closed inside the cover. Most of the cars with center shaft cover i have, have peddle which come inside and stay stuck.

Yes correct, the design is not finished..this was merely a prototype and the first one of the printer.. the file will be changed severely by the time it's ready for the masses...the front section will be closed off like the rest...
The next thing we need is a cover for the front to keep rocks out of the steering rack without using a Dusty Motors cover that adds heat.

Im with ya brother... as well as a solution to the motor mount bending issue

Yes of course.. after I have the file completely sorted I'll share it with the world... it will be on thingiverse and I will send the stl to any interested here... still have to do some tweaking and testing..

Yes correct, the design is not finished..this was merely a prototype and the first one of the printer.. the file will be changed severely by the time it's ready for the masses...the front section will be closed off like the rest...

Im with ya brother... as well as a solution to the motor mount bending issue
I’m pretty sure a rear motor mount will save the motor plate. If you secure the rear from flopping, the front won’t move either.

Here is the cad design
XCBWP8V.jpg

How are these guards working out so far? If anyone with a 3d printer is wanting to make a few bucks hmu with a price. As long as you're not being ridiculous I'll take 2 for a Granite.

Ok guys, I've tested this alot in several variations... here is what's going on with this...

There was one major obstacle in this journey.. chassis flex.. as stated above I tested many designs.. the bottom line was that the chassis flex on large jump landings the chassis would flex enough to shatter the rigid plastic design.. they were great for general purposes, but when it got sent they never survived...

I found the answer finally, the shaft cover and its mounting base will be printed using tpu.. this allows all the parts to flex together.. it's been pretty rock solid thus far... I'm hoping to get to the bmx track this coming week to do some final testing..

Sorry for the wait, been busy.. but hopefully good news coming this coming week..

Ok guys, I've tested this alot in several variations... here is what's going on with this...

There was one major obstacle in this journey.. chassis flex.. as stated above I tested many designs.. the bottom line was that the chassis flex on large jump landings the chassis would flex enough to shatter the rigid plastic design.. they were great for general purposes, but when it got sent they never survived...

I found the answer finally, the shaft cover and its mounting base will be printed using tpu.. this allows all the parts to flex together.. it's been pretty rock solid thus far... I'm hoping to get to the bmx track this coming week to do some final testing..

Sorry for the wait, been busy.. but hopefully good news coming this coming week..
What brand of TPU are you having good results with and what temps are you printing with?

Any tpu besides ninjaflex will work fine.. ninjaflex is to soft.. I typically print my tpu at around 208c-215c depending on the geometry...

Following and learning. Going to pull the trigger on a 3d printer any day now!

That's awsome... it's a handy tool to have for sure, do you have a particular machine in mind?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back