Typhon Why I did not buy a mega today ......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razz007

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Well I WAS gonna get a green mega typhon v3 and use my blx stuff to convert , but after a day of 3s and 4s lipos through my 1 year old , good old faithful typhon , I did not feel the need to , this typhon has been hammered all day long , crashed endlessly , and all that let go was the main gear , and it’s the original one too . What a machine , happy 1st birthday , you are awesome ??????

3D0BED67-AEAB-4728-A7DC-28BE53A43388.jpeg

F2826C02-50ED-419D-94D6-3D40F4974C8F.jpeg

Well I WAS gonna get a green mega typhon v3 and use my blx stuff to convert , but after a day of 3s and 4s lipos through my 1 year old , good old faithful typhon , I did not feel the need to , this typhon has been hammered all day long , crashed endlessly , and all that let go was the main gear , and it’s the original one too . What a machine , happy 1st birthday , you are awesome ??????

View attachment 98413
View attachment 98414
Meh, for a few more bucks you can so much faster with the blx 3s. I never even considered the mega when I was starting out last year. Congrats ?

I wouldn't get a Mega to convert , although it has nice diffs , it still has the crappy 48 pitch plastic spur that you will shred first time out on 3s , plastic motor mount , ntm crappy servo . For extra $90 just get a rtr 3s rig .

Not a terrible thing to save the money now for more repairs/upgrades later. I still run nimh only, bought the mega V2 (just before the v3 was announced :mad:) and just dropped in a $40.00 3660 3300kv set up. I got the same "Save the extra money, buy the 3s.". I didn't need the heavier duty diffs, trans, or adjustable links. I want to just throw in a pack, turn it on and have fun. Will it ever be lipo fast? No. Is it still fun? Yes, yes it is.

Meh, for a few more bucks you can so much faster with the blx 3s. I never even considered the mega when I was starting out last year. Congrats ?

My biggest mistake was not joining this forum before I bought my Senton Mega!

If I would have, I would have gone brushless from the start. My Mega is a lot of fun, but not nearly as fast as a 3S is.

My biggest mistake was not joining this forum before I bought my Senton Mega!

If I would have, I would have gone brushless from the start. My Mega is a lot of fun, but not nearly as fast as a 3S is.
When a friend at work showed me that he had bought a mega granite, I told him to go back and exchange it for a blx. He did that and was happy with it.

When a friend at work showed me that he had bought a mega granite, I told him to go back and exchange it for a blx. He did that and was happy with it.

He guy at the local Hobby Town patiently explained all the differences to me, and I still cheaped out and bought the Mega. Wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy RC as much as I used to, and didn't feel like spending the extra $$ at the time.

A definite case of "I shoulda listened"!

He guy at the local Hobby Town patiently explained all the differences to me, and I still cheaped out and bought the Mega. Wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy RC as much as I used to, and didn't feel like spending the extra $$ at the time.

A definite case of "I shoulda listened"!
The guy at my LHS explained to me why the granite BLX 4x4 was way better than the Traxxas stampede that I was thinking of buying. I listened. I had never even heard of Arrma before that. That was July 2019.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back