why I don't like traxxas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the Maxx because I got tired fixing my son’s big rock everytime he drive it. Got lucky on a used one for $340. It was actually good stock, but when my 7 year old drive it. It was rolling all over the place. Just install the wide maxx kit. Now its perfect for my son. haven't broke anything yet. Just the body so banged up now. Since my son only knows full throttle and stop when its flip over.
Nice score.
Kids can be hell on rc cars, I picked up a Senton 3s for my nephew and within 5 minutes he broke the front bumper and a steering turnbuckle just driving the car back and forth across the yard. 🤷‍♂️
He also managed to this to one of his cars. I asked him what happened he just shrugged his shoulders looked down at the floor and mumbled idk.
20200222_165349.jpg

demolition funny kid GIF

Really? You own
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Typhon 3s and complain that a 7 year old (who lacks cognitive skills and consequences rolls a rc)?
Yes Im compalining that everytime he makes a turn on the maxx it rolls over. Thats why I got the wide kit. I rather have drive it that keep running to the truck to flip it over. None of my other Arrma are wide and does not roll over on turns.

Yes Im compalining that everytime he makes a turn on the maxx it rolls over. Thats why I got the wide kit. I rather have drive it that keep running to the truck to flip it over. None of my other Arrma are wide and does not roll over on turns.
It's mostly the high center of gravity and narrow track width that causes the Maxx to do that.

I ike Diet Coke.

iOS vs. Android Traxxas vs. Arrma. My Son in Law is an Traxxas Guy, I would have been that fateful Christmas 2018 when my Wife and I went to buy an ERevo at our H.S. and the last one walked out the door as we walked in. We saw Arrma my big, beautiful, bad mean Red V3 Talion. It sang to me and I listened. It said "buy me and you will love no other" and it was right. Now 3 Arrmas later and a Big Rock on backorder all I can say is Arrma is the way to happiness and peace. Oh and all out bashing h*ll!!!!!!!
I remember when I was young people ate turtle soup. Didn't like the way it smelled or looked. It was alligator snapping turtle meat and had turtle eggs in the soup. People said it was good, but wouldn't touch it with 10 foot pole.
I ate Snapping Turtle as a kid, tasted like Chicken. The really fun part was watching my Dad and Grandpa do the deed. My Dad used a 2x4 to make it mad and get it to bite down and then my Grandpa came with the ax. You understand. We could never touch it because that reflex still could take off a finger. My Heritage is Southern but I'm very much and Chicago born Midwesterner. I guess that explains my twisted view of the World.
Ford or Chevy? Arrma or Traxxas? Thats how people are judged nowadays. :unsure:🤷‍♂️
Ford or a 1970 Buick Gran Sport, yeah now we're talkin!

Last edited:
I ike Diet Coke.

iOS vs. Android Traxxas vs. Arrma. My Son in Law is an Traxxas Guy, I would have been that fateful Christmas 2018 when my Wife and I went to buy an ERevo at our H.S. and the last one walked out the door as we walked in. We saw Arrma my big, beautiful, bad mean Red V3 Talion. It sang to me and I listened. It said "buy me and you will love no other" and it was right. Now 3 Arrmas later and a Big Rock on backorder all I can say is Arrma is the way to happiness and peace. Oh and all out bashing h*ll!!!!!!!

I ate Snapping Turtle as a kid, tasted like Chicken. The really fun part was watching my Dad and Grandpa do the deed. My Dad used a 2x4 to make it mad and get it to bite down and then my Grandpa came with the ax. You understand. We could never touch it because that reflex still could take off a finger. My Heritage is Southern but I'm very much and Chicago born Midwesterner. I guess that explains my twisted view of the World.

Love me those old 70s GMs. Saw a super nice Pontiac Lemans the other day.

No matter what vehicle you get, batteries and chargers are an additional cost. The Max 10 is a 2-4S ESC .. did you upgrade to this for more power or because the original broke? If upgrade, that would explain the MIP axles, motor and tires. Being an upgrade, this same process happens with owners of other brands as well - stuffing a 4S into a DB Pro, etc. There are those here pulling the stock 6S out of an Infraction and putting in upgrades.
The first charger and LiPo were overpriced trx stuff.
The stock ESC broke, but I needed a stronger one for a bigger motor anyway. My stock motor was getting really hot, even with fans (an extra €60 i forgot)

I like traxxas and I like arrma so I have both. Arrma has better styling but they don't have anything stock as tough as an xmaxx. I like arrmas electronics better but traxxas cars are cheaper to work on. There's no best, just what you like more.

.I was gonna get a maxx or erevvo next, but arrma has impressed so next will be a notorious, cant decide on color...

You will enjoy it, mine is a total blast. I had originally wanted black but couldn’t get one, but blue has grown on me and I really like how it wears with the real steel finish.

1B2CE679-5193-4A93-A1EF-B5A69BDC5EB1.jpeg

I know right? About as useful as this thread and your contribution... :rolleyes:
True, well then my input is that Traxxas make good cars. Easier to maintain, cheaper to get to the point where they don't break every bash. They are more toyish and I have issues with the business and its brand but they are cheaper for pimping out too. Arrma is a "cooler brand" but the cars aren't necessarily "better". I have 3 Traxxas but 6 arrma and that pretty much sums up my feelings.
True, well then my input is that Traxxas make good cars. Easier to maintain, cheaper to get to the point where they don't break every bash. They are more toyish and I have issues with the business and its brand but they are cheaper for pimping out too. Arrma is a "cooler brand" but the cars aren't necessarily "better". I have 3 Traxxas but 6 arrma and that pretty much sums up my feelings

I ike Diet Coke.

Boss 429 or a Stage 1 GSX , 87 GNX , NOW we're talkin !!!!!

Well, luckily they have enough aftermarket support to build an entire RC from non-trx parts. So I think parts won't be a problem for most people.

It's sad how some companies only think about money. Have you guys heard about shell not reaching its own environmental investment goals?

They sort of shot themselves in the foot on that one. There is absolutely no reason they couldn't have switched to any other brand to sell. I'm not saying what Traxxas did wasn't a low blow, but the way Hobby Fever handled the situation was straight up stupid, they acted like Traxxas was the only company that makes rc cars...............

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back