why I don't like traxxas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just go get a Losi Super Baja Rey 2.0
Had it since last November , the UDR and Baja Rey Raptor 1/10 are on my list to complete my SCT collection .

IMG_4499.JPG

Right I want a Maxx but I do not want to spend $550 on it. If it was $450 I probably would have one already.
While I love my Xmaxx , fell victim to buy the Maxx , trust me , don't buy it . For it truly to be a good truck $550 +wide kit , metal axles , aluminum hexes turns into $750 , may as well buy an Xmaxx or K8S / O8S .

Last edited:
Had it since last November , the UDR and Baja Rey Raptor 1/10 are on my list to complete my SCT collection .

View attachment 131758

While I love my Xmaxx , fell victim to buy the Maxx , trust me , don't buy it . For it truly to be a good truck $550 +wide kit , metal axles , aluminum hexes turns into $750 , may as well buy an Xmaxx or K8S / O8S .
Like I said I will not buy one for $550 no way not gonna happen. And doesn't the new Widemaxx kit come with longer half shafts now? I thought I remember seeing @razorrc do a video about it but I don't recall seeing a follow up if the new half shafts fix the drive shaft problem.
Buy a Kaiju
:unsure:

Last edited:
Like I said I will not buy one for $550 no way not gonna happen. And doesn't the new Widemaxx kit come with longer half shafts now? I thought I remember seeing @razorrc do a video about it but I don't recall seeing a follow up if the new half shafts fix the drive shaft problem.

:unsure:
WTF !! That must have just came out , I got my widemaxx kit I think around Oct 20 , and it was only the arms / springs / steering rods . I even said , why don't they cheaply make extension half shafts ? Rather than $125 metal ones the fix . Regardless , I didn't like how it jumped , body popping off , and the front steering block pins popping out off jumps to ( another $50 for the alum ones ) would have hit $800 in that truck , LOL !!! My used $350 Noto 6s took its place !! LOL

WTF !! That must have just came out , I got my widemaxx kit I think around Oct 20 , and it was only the arms / springs / steering rods . I even said , why don't they cheaply make extension half shafts ? Rather than $125 metal ones the fix . Regardless , I didn't like how it jumped , body popping off , and the front steering block pins popping out off jumps to ( another $50 for the alum ones ) would have hit $800 in that truck , LOL !!! My used $350 Noto 6s took its place !! LOL

I went out for a bash session one day and watched these 2 dudes totally thrash their Maxx's for like 2-3 hours and other than the bodies constantly flying off and nearly getting hit by some lipos once they somehow managed to not break anything the entire day. 🤷‍♂️

Your all fools! Cheeseburgers are the food of the gods!
burger cheeseburger GIF by Shaking Food GIFs

When I decided to enter the ground RC arena, I searched on line and Traxxas caught my eye. I almost pulled the trigger and then decided I'd better double check before dropping such a big chunk of change. After doing some more searching, watched lots of YouTube vids, and discovered Arrma. Next thing I new I owned a Mojave. :)

I still think Traxxas has some nice stuff but I have not personally tried it. :unsure:

Last edited:
I kinda think the WideMaxx is stupid. They do come with longer halfshafts now, which is the only reason I bought the kit. No problems with the driveshafts.

The Maxx is the most durable RC car I've owned.

I don't like Traxxas at all. Not for their products but for how they pushed others out of business with lawsuits about things which have been there for ages. Neighbour kid had an e-revo and constantly issues withe the Talion just minor plastic brakes due to high jumping.

Apples and oranges I guess... The traxxas owners I know had to upgrade parts from day one, on top of higher price... I have gone out with buddies and witnessed thier traxxas stuff repeatedly fail while I literally beat the crap out of my losi baja and it keeps going, minus cracked plastic from major collisions :) that being said I picked up a felony and was impressed by the quality (although flimsy shell) and the pure violence of pinning it (whats the best punch setting?) Have it set at 9 and it is the HELLCAT of rc cars... my poor tires.....I was gonna get a maxx or erevvo next, but arrma has impressed so next will be a notorious, cant decide on color...

The generic look of traxxas and the need for thier batts or adaptors r negatives for me.... not really a brand loyalty guy, but if I get better quality at a lower price with less mandatory upgrades then I will be repeat customer....

Apples and oranges I guess... The traxxas owners I know had to upgrade parts from day one, on top of higher price...
  • €430 Slash 4x4 VXL
  • €120 2s LiPo and charger
  • €85 3s LiPo
  • €170 MIP axles f and r
  • €90 HW MAX10 SCT
  • $50 ARRMA 2400kv
  • €40 4 cheap tires
  • €20 Not many repairs though. 1 link, 1 arm, and an ESC
Hmmmm. Maybe I started with the wrong brand. I am VERY lucky my dad got me started with the first 2 items.
This is the first time I counted all my current/near upgrades, and I'm thinking WTF.

And I'm nowhere near close to what al those people do on the forums (CC 2200kv combos and more)

Agreed about parts for traxxas parts are everywhere. Go to my lhs here in sc. Its supposed to be a hobbytown. But they should call it traxxas town.Used to be my go to place for quick parts when i ran all my traxxas. Hardly no arrma parts ther at all. haven't been back since i got rid of all my slashes. 🤷‍♂️
Haha, so true. I definitely relate re selling the Slash(es) — it was my entry point — but just sold my customized Slash below for capital towards my first, real elite basher: Kraton 6S BLX v5. So enjoying this car, making fun YouTube videos for the family, the upgrade possibilities, and supporting Arrma and this community. 💪💯

A91F96D9-2C16-408F-A990-46FE86F6AB98.jpeg

>>> Used to upgrade to:
DA3E996D-D91E-4EE0-9FA3-2DF9DA65C4C5.jpeg

Apples and oranges I guess... The traxxas owners I know had to upgrade parts from day one, on top of higher price... I have gone out with buddies and witnessed thier traxxas stuff repeatedly fail while I literally beat the crap out of my losi baja and it keeps going, minus cracked plastic from major collisions :) that being said I picked up a felony and was impressed by the quality (although flimsy shell) and the pure violence of pinning it (whats the best punch setting?) Have it set at 9 and it is the HELLCAT of rc cars... my poor tires.....I was gonna get a maxx or erevvo next, but arrma has impressed so next will be a notorious, cant decide on color...

The generic look of traxxas and the need for thier batts or adaptors r negatives for me.... not really a brand loyalty guy, but if I get better quality at a lower price with less mandatory upgrades then I will be repeat customer....
Just so you know you don't need Traxxas batteries for your Traxxas vehicles just like you don't need Spektrum Smart batteries for any of the Horizon vehicles. All you need is a few minutes and a soldering iron and you can put any connector you want on the esc, there are a few exceptions to this and they are all Horizon vehicles, you can still change out the battery connectors but it takes a little work to do as they are integrated into the chassis. I have 3 Traxxas vehicles currently, I used to have a Merv and I have never owned a Traxxas lipo or Traxxas lipo charger, I do have the Traxxas NIMH and charger that came with the 2wd Stampede XL5 though, but even that doesn't have Traxxas connectors on it anymore.

Last edited:
I feel that the only thing traxxas has over arrma is the fact that they paint their bodies and don't use stickers. I own 2 arrma's and 1 traxxas, and one axial

My X is completely stock. No upgrades whatsoever - still running several years later. My Slash's (VXL) - barely any issues in a decade. I have passed them down to the next generation (and they're still running without issue). My UDR - I bought in at the first batch, so problems were expected - and I had them .. but I have yet to drive anything like it. My Arrma and Losi's (all Horizon) - replaced the radio's before even turning them on. All of the Losi's had to be gone over for loose screws / pins. My Losi's have taken a lickin' and kept right on tickin'.
  • €430 Slash 4x4 VXL
  • €120 2s LiPo and charger
  • €85 3s LiPo
  • €170 MIP axles f and r
  • €90 HW MAX10 SCT
  • $50 ARRMA 2400kv
  • €40 4 cheap tires
  • €20 Not many repairs though. 1 link, 1 arm, and an ESC
Hmmmm. Maybe I started with the wrong brand. I am VERY lucky my dad got me started with the first 2 items.
This is the first time I counted all my current/near upgrades, and I'm thinking WTF.

And I'm nowhere near close to what al those people do on the forums (CC 2200kv combos and more)

No matter what vehicle you get, batteries and chargers are an additional cost. The Max 10 is a 2-4S ESC .. did you upgrade to this for more power or because the original broke? If upgrade, that would explain the MIP axles, motor and tires. Being an upgrade, this same process happens with owners of other brands as well - stuffing a 4S into a DB Pro, etc. There are those here pulling the stock 6S out of an Infraction and putting in upgrades.

Last edited:
I kinda think the WideMaxx is stupid. They do come with longer halfshafts now, which is the only reason I bought the kit. No problems with the driveshafts.

The Maxx is the most durable RC car I've owned.
I got the Maxx because I got tired fixing my son’s big rock everytime he drive it. Got lucky on a used one for $340. It was actually good stock, but when my 7 year old drive it. It was rolling all over the place. Just install the wide maxx kit. Now its perfect for my son. haven't broke anything yet. Just the body so banged up now. Since my son only knows full throttle and stop when its flip over.

demolition funny kid GIF

I got the Maxx because I got tired fixing my son’s big rock everytime he drive it. Got lucky on a used one for $340. It was actually good stock, but when my 7 year old drive it. It was rolling all over the place. Just install the wide maxx kit. Now its perfect for my son. haven't broke anything yet. Just the body so banged up now. Since my son only knows full throttle and stop when its flip over.
Really? You own
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Typhon 3s and complain that a 7 year old (who lacks cognitive skills and consequences rolls a rc)?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back