Why is Diff Oil so hard to find??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton 4s
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Outcast 4s
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 3s
  11. Vorteks
Seriously, why? I can't find 100,000 anywhere. And the 300K/500K/1M range are so hard to come by, with crazy long shipping times and import items that seem to be way overpriced for how many oz they give you. Even both my LHS's (HobbyTown USA) have empty shelves in the diff oil section. This is so depressing!!!

Yea, I gave up looking for it for now.

You'd think these companies would keep their overpriced oil in stock.

Overpriced haha sad but true. My lhs hasn’t had oils in stock for the past year. Also a hobbytown

The whole dang RC car parts world is crazy overpriced lol. Good to know I'm not alone or missing something. Just wish I had more thick oils on hand because I literally have nothing and both my center diffs in my 6S BLX's need fluid. Seems like my only option is to resort to a lighter weight than I'd prefer or running silicone earplugs. But I like the stock 100K in my Infractions center diff so I want to keep that the same, but of course its no where to be found

The whole dang RC car parts world is crazy overpriced lol. Good to know I'm not alone or missing something. Just wish I had more thick oils on hand because I literally have nothing and both my center diffs in my 6S BLX's need fluid. Seems like my only option is to resort to a lighter weight than I'd prefer or running silicone earplugs. But I like the stock 100K in my Infractions center diff so I want to keep that the same, but of course its no where to be found
I went with the silicone earplugs in the center myself after not finding the 500k I wanted.

It's fun as heck with em.

Seriously, why? I can't find 100,000 anywhere. And the 300K/500K/1M range are so hard to come by, with crazy long shipping times and import items that seem to be way overpriced for how many oz they give you. Even both my LHS's (HobbyTown USA) have empty shelves in the diff oil section. This is so depressing!!!
Must all be at my lhs they have lots lol

My hobby shop said that the Lucas oil factory can’t even produce oils right now due to the pandemic and was kinda making it seem like they make a bunch of these diff fluids
That would make sense, I figured something like that had to be going on...

I just bought some 40k and 15k from amain also got 300k from ebay a while ago

Try Beach RC. I just picked up a good selection from them. Quick ship and good price.
https://beachrc.com/ultimate-racing-diff-oil-100-000-cps-2oz/
Whoops, posted that from an old account. Anyway, they have a good selection in stock and I think the shipping was only $1.99. I picked all of these up within the last couple of weeks..

PXL_20210103_174621989.jpg

Whoops, posted that from an old account. Anyway, they have a good selection in stock and I think the shipping was only $1.99. I picked all of these up within the last couple of weeks..

View attachment 118166
Aw thanks, you're the man!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back