why is my arrma typhon 6s motor stopping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b1gdaddi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
It stops all of a sudden. I turn it off and back on and it will run for a few minutes and stop.

It stops all of a sudden. I turn it off and back on and it will run for a few minutes and stop.
Overheating or LVC would be my guess's.
Pics will help too.

Saw this happen to Kevin Talbot and it was a bad motor wire that was damaged and disconnecting under stress. Take a close look at those.

Check your esc fan is working.. if it doesn't work it's definitely a thermal shut down..

Does this happen immediately, or after you've been running for awhile? Is the ESC light flashing when it shuts down? If so, what color? Red flashing is low voltage cutoff, when the battery is low. But it usually just slows down. Green flashing is thermal shutdown, when the ESC is too hot, and the ESC will shutdown.

Hello and welcome.

I agree with the others need more info pics/video, etc. There is a thermal cutoff on the ESC when it gets too hot....not on the motor they just burn out if you run it to that point.

On a hot day or doing some heavy bashing, grass, etc, you can cut off quickly LVC from the ESC. What is strange on if LVC turning off/on if still hot will not run. So look it over and post back could be a wire or failing part.

Sorry for the issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back