Kraton Why is the Green/Black Mojave 6S BLX - $50 - more than the Red/Black Mojave 6S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankeedoodle30

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
On Amazon .com, why is the Green/Black Mojave 6S BLX - $50 - more than the Red/Black Mojave 6S?
I sent my Mojave back and want to get the same RED/Black body again but it is currently unavailable and I have to use Amazon because I have credit.

All the specs seem identical.

It can't be just the paint job.

Am I missing something here?

Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 12.43.57 PM.png

By the way, if you’re ordering this one off Amazon, keep in mind that it’s the older version and not the newer V2 version with the Spektrum electronics. Check the model numbers before you order.

AA4B6771-B107-42E1-91C0-DB8A00C09C8F.jpeg

Capitalism at its best. No difference but for color. Many sellers know how to create demand for something. One color is out of stock and they up the other color. One color costs more. Ludicrous. I never buy from sellers that do that. A bad sign. Local hobby stores don't do that as well as most Online Dedicated Hobby outlets.
But I have the Red one. I think Red is faster. (y):LOL:
BTW, I never take credit on AMZ. That's how they lock you into buying and spending that amount with them there. I get a refund to my CC. Always. been there once. They will always want to push the credit. I always ask to return to my CC. or Debit C. Just my advice. :cool:

Last edited:
Capitalism at its best. No difference but for color. Many sellers know how to create demand for something. One color is out of stock and they up the other color. One color costs more. Ludicrous. I never buy from sellers that do that. A bad sign. Local hobby stores don't do that as well as most Online Dedicated Hobby outlets.
BTW, I never take credit on AMZ. That's how they lock you into buying and spending that amount with them there. I get a refund to my CC. Always. been there once. They will always want to push the credit. I always ask to return to my CC. or Debit C. Just my advice. :cool:
Personally, if you don't mind spending more money than you need to to get one sooner than later, do what you please. I personally want the red one and I'm not going to pay any more than the $649 that is the suggested retail price. I hope you get what you want at the price you're willing to pay, I'm going to.
Personally, if you don't mind spending more money than you need to to get one sooner than later, do what you please. I personally want the red one and I'm not going to pay any more than the $649 that is the suggested retail price. I hope you get what you want at the price you're willing to pay, I'm going to.
The above comment was for Yankee Doodle by the way, not you. SrC...... It just agrees with it you are saying and I agree with what you said SrC

I would never pay 50 bucks more for whatever color, they could keep it, no rip offs here!

The above comment was for Yankee Doodle by the way, not you. SrC...... It just agrees with it you are saying and I agree with what you said SrC
I would never pay 50 bucks more for whatever color, they could keep it, no rip offs here!
Yup.....agree

Guys - there's no conspiracy to charge more based on the color of the truck. If you look at the seller, it's AbsoluteHobbyz

Moj.jpg

and if you look at some of their other Arrma listings, you can see that they are higher than what Horizon or other MAP sellers are charging:

Here, Horizon is getting $499.99 for a Typhon V5. They are asking $539.99 for one:
Typh.jpg

Here, Horizon is getting $569.99 for a Notorious and they are asking $589.99:
AH.jpg

They just happen to be the only ones having the Mojave in stock on Amazon.

True, but more importantly you gotta play your cards right. I just ordered Belted Badlands on Amazon through a supplier. 17mm BELTED. And they sent 12mm regular. I wrote to the supplier BEFORE Amazon. He wanted to send me the 17mm center part for wheel. And I pointed out the false advertising, as I STILL never had belted tires. They refunded and when I inquired where and how to send back(there was no address on my package as it was sent to Amazon first) they said not to worry about it. 13 bucks for 12mm hexes or I can just get the 17mm center hex part of wheel from local shop!

Yeah 3rd party AMZ sellers play bait and switch a lot of the time. Descriptions of the item can be false and misleading. I have a bunch of small RC items that I got stuck with. Sometimes I am able to convince AMZ to refund me. If its a very cheap item. Sometimes they don't even want the item back. They email me to say donate or dispose of the item. A month later they tell me they charged my CC for the item because they did note receive it back. I make stink and forward the orig. email, then they reverse the charges. I tell them that they do that too often to me and probably thousands of their customers and they give me a $5.00 gift card. Like wow, I spent so much time calling and straightening it out and like $5. is supposed to make it right. What an insult. How about stopping that bad practice of slamming my CC in the first place. Be careful with AMZ. I once ordered Tekno diff shims for the 6S diffs. 3 times they came crushed and mangled 3 times, all of them. They were in a padded envelope shipped from AMZ prime. They told me to return them. After the 3rd time. I told them I don't want them and will not waste another minute of my time returning them. A cheap item. I told them over and over to better package them, they are delicate thin metal. They told me to keep , dispose or donate and they would refund. But they slammed my CC again a month later. And I still need those shims for my diffs. So I ordered from Amain Hobbies no issues. I am better off that way. AMZ can be a bear sometimes.

Yeah 3rd party AMZ sellers play bait and switch a lot of the time. Descriptions of the item can be false and misleading. I have a bunch of small RC items that I got stuck with. Sometimes I am able to convince AMZ to refund me. If its a very cheap item. Sometimes they don't even want the item back. They email me to say donate or dispose of the item. A month later they tell me they charged my CC for the item because they did note receive it back. I make stink and forward the orig. email, then they reverse the charges. I tell them that they do that too often to me and probably thousands of their customers and they give me a $5.00 gift card. Like wow, I spent so much time calling and straightening it out and like $5. is supposed to make it right. What an insult. How about stopping that bad practice of slamming my CC in the first place. Be careful with AMZ. I once ordered Tekno diff shims for the 6S diffs. 3 times they came crushed and mangled 3 times, all of them. They were in a padded envelop shipped from AMZ prime. They told me to return them. After the 3rd time. I told them I don't want them and will not waste another minute of my time returning them. A cheap item. I told them over and over to better package them, they are delicate thin metal. They told me to keep , dispose or donate and they refund. But they slammed my CC again a month later. And I still need those shims for my diffs. So I ordered from Amain Hobbies no issues. I am better off that way. AMZ can be a bear sometimes.
I hear you. Back in 2005 I ordered 2 composite hockey sticks for $500 CAD from Ebay. Sticks came perfect condion, I loved them! Until I noticed my CC was charged $5000 US for them..This became an almost 14 month nightmare with Ebay and Visa. All those "protections" promised by multi-millionaire companies Ebay and Visa meant poop. Ebay sided with the seller. Visa just wanted their money and didn't seem to care much if it came from me or the seller. The damn ad stated "Shipped from Montreal" and seller stated "they were out and had to import at higher cost"
Anyways, the result of that is I use Mastercard and haven't entered my CC info online since. I buy pre paid cards(prepaid credit/googleplay/amazon/psn etc) and only for what im spending. Leave NOTHING for the bastards to steal

I hear you. Back in 2005 I ordered 2 composite hockey sticks for $500 CAD from Ebay. Sticks came perfect condion, I loved them! Until I noticed my CC was charged $5000 US for them..This became an almost 14 month nightmare with Ebay and Visa. All those "protections" promised by multi-millionaire companies Ebay and Visa meant poop. Ebay sided with the seller. Visa just wanted their money and didn't seem to care much if it came from me or the seller. The damn ad stated "Shipped from Montreal" and seller stated "they were out and had to import at higher cost"
Anyways, the result of that is I use Mastercard and haven't entered my CC info online since. I buy pre paid cards(prepaid credit/googleplay/amazon/psn etc) and only for what im spending. Leave NOTHING for the bastards to steal
Wow, I heard of nightmare stories like that. Some story that is. You know Ebay gets a percentage of $5,000. Of course I could see them siding with the seller. But come on $5,000. for 2 hockey sticks. I know they were high end sticks and all. But lets be realistic...$5k???? Do the pros actually use $5k hockey sticks. Do they even exist. Not a reasonable price. Sounds like someone just added another zero in there. A scam.

Wow, I heard of nightmare stories like that. Some story that is. You know Ebay gets a percentage of $5,000. Of course I could see them siding with the seller. But come on $5,000. for 2 hockey sticks. I know they were high end sticks and all. But lets be realistic...$5k???? Do the pros actually use $5k hockey sticks. Do they even exist. Not a reasonable price.
Could be wrong, as I haven't played since blowing my knee out in 2012, but "high end" today is only $300-$400. What made me mad was I had fraud protection with Visa that I had to fight with them to implement. And when the 5k was taken off, I had to fight all over again to have them get rid of the interest from that purchase.

Could be wrong, as I haven't played since blowing my knee out in 2012, but "high end" today is only $300-$400. What made me mad was I had fraud protection with Visa that I had to fight with them to implement. And when the 5k was taken off, I had to fight all over again to have them get rid of the interest from that purchase.
Thats just crazy :poop: with them.

Thats just crazy :poop: with them.
I love this thread - it went from me asking about the price difference of the red & green Mojave 6S Trucks . . . to this question, "Do the pros actually use $5,000 hockey sticks." How did you guys know I'm such a big hockey fan? Go Sharks.

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 10.36.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 10.38.28 PM.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back