Senton Why is the senton geared so much higher?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
The typhon uses a 15T pinion with 117mm wheels. For a similar gear ratio, the senton should use a 16T pinion with its 110mm wheels.

But it comes with a 20T pinion. I imagine it can't actually reach the theoretically higher top speed with its parachute of a body.

It seems like the bigger pinion is just a waste and would lead to higher motor temps. What's the point? Or am I missing something?

Its so underrated.. Its a beast if u drop the body pins and and do a 12mm swap
20210618_173241_HDR.jpg

Yep, tyre size also counts in gearing.

This is why people break Vorteks car as soon as they finish their stock tyres. Vorteks's are on the edge already with their 18T pinion, so a set of big bigger tyres and rear diff is gone
This thread is 18 months old 🤣

This thread is 18 months old 🤣
All good, just needed a refresh on how awesome the Senton is, 20T Pinion and all :LOL:.

Still one of my favorites to date.

I also have a set of 12mm hexes ready for when the current set of tires are done (shouldn't be long), lots of tire choices in 12mm.

All good, just needed a refresh on how awesome the Senton is, 20T Pinion and all :LOL:.

Still one of my favorites to date.

I also have a set of 12mm hexes ready for when the current set of tires are done (shouldn't be long), lots of tire choices in 12mm.
I bought trenchers, hexes and 15 tooth pinion before first run. Good thing as I blew a stock tire in 45 seconds on 50% throttle on 3's. I'm hoping to slow this thing down a little...lol.

Back