Why is there no parts review forum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be numerous reasons - not enough content to support a whole separate forum, that reviews tend to be subjective and usually devolve into shouting matches when someone claims something is crap and then others come in to claim it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, or the inevitability of people who are supplied free product in return for a "five-star" review. But as @Diem Turner mentioned above, put it out as a suggestion and see what the admin/site owner thinks.

Could be numerous reasons - not enough content to support a whole separate forum, that reviews tend to be subjective and usually devolve into shouting matches when someone claims something is crap and then others come in to claim it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, or the inevitability of people who are supplied free product in return for a "five-star" review. But as @Diem Turner mentioned above, put it out as a suggestion and see what the admin/site owner thinks.
Exactly. Plus the people who don’t actually own the product but still provide opinions and reviews.

Like MIP drivers. So many people swear up and down they are the best things on the planet and yet so many people have issues with the tips rounding off really fast especially on the 2.0mm driver.

Parts reviews would have to be an entire forum in and of itself.

It would be like saying Ford is better than Chevy. Everyone would chime in because they drive a Dodge.
At least it's not a Honda :ROFLMAO:

Exactly. Plus the people who don’t actually own the product but still provide opinions and reviews.
I can be guilty of this at times.
However, one has to think why some choose NOT to use many of those Bling alloy upgrade parts. And the logic/reasons behind it.
It is not always about the $$$ spent and if your wallet can handle it. And clearly some upgrades are mandatory. I just find most are not. But simply doing it because it looks trick... I don't know.:unsure: Bragging rghts? Or doing it because your driving sucks?? :giggle: Looking for a part to be indestructable at any cost? Then much of that bling becomes expensive band-aids.
This can be a very subjectve topic.
There have been threads discussing the quality of Upgrade parts from brand to brand.
I say what works for you in the end.
I always felt GPM and HR parts were not always best fitting in many cases. From experience.
I like my rigs to be light as possible. Slamming it with unecessarily heavy $alloy$ doesn't float my boat.

Last edited:
But, it is not Toyota...

Hey man,

0B1F2823-7612-4B24-833C-19474B2DC989.jpeg

I can be guilty of this at times.
However, one has to think why some choose NOT to use many of those Bling alloy upgrade parts. And the logic/reasons behind it.
It is not always about the $$$ spent and if your wallet can handle it. And clearly some upgrades are mandatory. I just find most are not. But simply doing it because it looks trick... I don't know.:unsure: Bragging rghts? Or doing it because your driving sucks?? :giggle: Looking for a part to be indestructable at any cost? Then much of that bling becomes expensive band-aids.
This can be a very subjectve topic.
There have been threads discussing the quality of Upgrade parts from brand to brand.
I say what works for you in the end.
I always felt GPM and HR parts were not always best fitting in many cases. From experience.
I like my rigs to be light as possible. Slamming it with unecessarily heavy $alloy$ doesn't float my boat.
yes on the GPM or HR of old especialy when they were first doing stuff for say T-maxx or Hpi Savage, it was crap. I think their Quality Control has really stepped up now though. Thats all I'm gunna say

When replicating OE plastic parts, quality Alloy CNC'ing can separate the men from the boys. Think M2C for some of them.
I had serious issues with many GPM and HR upgrade parts for all of my Crawlers. And dealing with their Cust service was horrible. Spent Considerable $$ on them. Some of those parts sit here new unused, unusable.

Nature of the beast with RC in general. Good to have varying brand sets of drivers on hand. Experiment with what you like best. Some drivers are better for some screws and their application than others perhaps.:unsure: If using a power driver, I only use the MIP tips. Using it mostly for dissassembly, most of the time. And with some assembly, and a final torque always by hand. Slow speeds only, or the plastic parts will soften and melt, stripping the threaded holes.
I don't recommend Power drivers for newbs however. Until they get a feel for RC screws and hand driving them in etc.
Power drivers can ruin a wet dream. Careful. Low powered ones with a settable "clutch" are best. Milwaukee M12 works for me. Use my old Ryobi 4volt/ clutch settable also.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back