Talion Why is this car constantly popping wheelie?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stock tires were great. Never ballooned or anything but my god the wheels were junk. First jump 2 of the wheels started wobble by end of the pack all 4 wheels were wobbling pretty bad.
Yeah Katars just aren't really jumping tires. But you will likely also get better at landing.

Tires are just consumables on 6s power 🤷‍♂️

So turns out the problem is not the car but me running it in the park. The park I always take all my cars to has very low high traction grass. This was the reason it was constantly doing a wheelie. Never had this issue and was not aware of it because I always ran my huge gas 1/5 scales.

I took it to another place that is only dirt and it drives absolutely perfect. Changed kit the pinion to 20T and it is very fast. I have the temps set to 160F to cut out and it never got to that point even with no fans. This castle setup might be a overkill but sure does run nice and cool and fast.

Not sure if I am going to keep the car because I only run my cars in the same park but who knows will see what happens.

So turns out the problem is not the car but me running it in the park. The park I always take all my cars to has very low high traction grass. This was the reason it was constantly doing a wheelie. Never had this issue and was not aware of it because I always ran my huge gas 1/5 scales.

I took it to another place that is only dirt and it drives absolutely perfect. Changed kit the pinion to 20T and it is very fast. I have the temps set to 160F to cut out and it never got to that point even with no fans. This castle setup might be a overkill but sure does run nice and cool and fast.

Not sure if I am going to keep the car because I only run my cars in the same park but who knows will see what happens.
Maybe you should try a Mojave chassis and see if the XLWB will keep the front down better.
Only need a Mojave chassis, center brace and 157mm drive shaft to test it out.

You should still try lowering the punch, it will for sure help. :cool:

21t Pinion and punch at 80%
4 of 5
or 8 of 10

My Talion is hard do wheelies with this way 1650kv Max 6 kombo , 4 of 5 punchn setting, 21t pinion
extra fan on the motor

Open rear diff 20k
center 200k
front 100k

You have way too smal pinion
16t is just for wheelies, no topspeed

The diff fluids been replaced with same exact what it came with and everything was installed correctly.

Not sure, are all the exb talions constantly doing wheelies?
u can take the front shocks off n take the a part and get some tubbing like tubbing they use fir airpumps on fish tanks and fit it in shock shaft this will lower your suspension in the fron a bit depending on how much u put on the shafts that will help alot or u could get belted tires ir belt the your self using Gorilla duck tape or fishing line.

Have you tried not grabbing a fistful of throttle from a dead stop? 😂

If you want back flips and precise air control, you are correct in that you need punch to do so. But with that punch comes the necessity for more precise trigger control on the ground. Practically speaking punch might as well be torque

A bigger motor than stock is going to give you more torque, not less. You can alleviate that by gearing higher for more top speed.

My Noto is geared up a couple teeth and on max punch and 99% of the time only wheelies when I want it to, should be much easier to control a Talion on the ground especially with belted Katars.

You can choose a lower viscosity fluid for the center diff if need be. But your non belted tires might not like it. You'll also wanna keep an eye on heat build up in the center diff if you're going to lower it drastically.

EDIT:I read further glad you found a solution man. 🤟

Did you post it for sale here? 👀

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back