why nero and Big rock are discontinued?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Are there new versions of nero and Big rock? V2 was released in which year? is it 2017?

Traxxas sue'ed Arrma / Hobbico over the laydown shocks, waterproof RX box and the servo saver. Lots of people are hoping for a V2, but so far, there are no real rumors if it will happen, or when.

There have been several big threads on the Lawsuit, here is one -
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-hobbico-vs-traxxas-settled.4750/

There are others, including one that went to 8 or 10 pages. You can search it up if you really feel like reading.

thanks, I'm going to read about the lawsuit...:(
388788A5-C6DA-41D4-B0A3-1ABB883146E1.jpeg

Traxxas
3C5F2382-3EC5-4846-A46F-F3B2403E8A5C.jpeg

Nero
This was the lawsuit-patent infringement that they sued ARRMA for
3C5F2382-3EC5-4846-A46F-F3B2403E8A5C.jpeg

They sued over the geometry of the suspension, quite literally the angles at which the cantilever moves, the design of the steering system, apparently it's also similar to the Revo and the waterproof receiver box.

They also said (Paraphrase) "The average hobbies can't tell the two trucks apart, and we think they will buy the Nero, thinking they are actually getting a Erevo" i.e. they think we are morons.

They also said (Paraphrase) "The average hobbies can't tell the two trucks apart, and we think they will buy the Nero, thinking they are actually getting a Erevo" i.e. they think we are morons.
"In the eye of an ordinary observer, giving such attention as a purchaser usually gives, the design of the vehicle-mounted coil spring and shock assembly in the Arrma Accused Products is substantially the same as the design claimed by the ’886 Patent. The resemblance is such as to deceive such an observer, inducing him to purchase one supposing it to be the other. "

Yup we the consumer can't tell the difference between the Nero and the E-Revo.......

Last edited:
I did like Traxxas but they took it too far with this. Most average enthusiast couldn't tell a Mugen from Losi to Team Assosiated.
I bet they did it because ARRMA is such a better made and stronger RC for the average enthusiast
Traxxas wants the entire pie to themselves, anyone who tries to steal a piece of the pie from Traxxas gets slapped with a lawsuit. So far in the past 5 years they have sued Namero LLC(Redcat Racing waterproof receiver box and steering assembly), Horizon Hobbies (Vaterra Twin Hammers cantilever suspension was settled out of court), HPI(waterproof receiver box) Hobbico(Arrma And Dromida waterproof receiver box, cantilever suspension, steering assembly and led lights) and Firelands Group(Helion RC waterproof receiver box)

I did like Traxxas but they took it too far with this. Most average enthusiast couldn't tell a Mugen from Losi to Team Assosiated.
I bet they did it because ARRMA is such a better made and stronger RC for the average enthusiast

Exactly this! They are mad Arrma did it better....thats it. Does anyone know if that judge made any large purchases after the ruling? Like a new yacht, lake house, exotic sports car?

Exactly this! They are mad Arrma did it better....thats it. Does anyone know if that judge made any large purchases after the ruling? Like a new yacht, lake house, exotic sports car?
The Judge in the case is highly known to favor the Plaintiff in patent trials.

This is his daily driver. :D
View attachment 25255

LOL...

But it is also worth pointing out that Traxxas didn't actually win the case. In Face, Traxxas has NEVER WON in court. With all of the various Traxxas lawsuits, the defendant has either A) fought it and gone bankrupt(Hobbico, HPI) , or 2- Settled to stop the lawsuit. (Horizon, Fireland, Redcat). Patent Law is an expensive game, and normally, he who has the deepest pockets wins.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back