Why so many hinge braces out of stock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crewchief227

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I finally changed out my front bulkhead today. It was due because of stripped door screws. In the process found all my hinge braces were cracked, bent, or warped. Luckily I had a set on hand, but now know my build isn't done, but looking at all the usual upgrade players (GKA, JBI, Voltage) are out of stock on their braces. I guess @Rich Duperbash @bicketybam @rcdude81 sucked them all up.??

Seriously though, will HR braces cut it? Or should I just keep replacing stock braces until the Good Guys get some stock?

I finally changed out my front bulkhead today. It was due because of stripped door screws. In the process found all my hinge braces were cracked, bent, or warped. Luckily I had a set on hand, but now know my build isn't done, but looking at all the usual upgrade players (GKA, JBI, Voltage) are out of stock on their braces. I guess @Rich Duperbash @bicketybam @rcdude81 sucked them all up.??

Seriously though, will HR braces cut it? Or should I just keep replacing stock braces until the Good Guys get some stock?

If all those guys are out of stock I'd buy HR. They can't get a bad rap on a simple piece like these, I'd imagine. Just noticed tonight the Talion needs attention and always thought I'd buy from Voltage when the time came. Or stock? How often can they loosen or break in the life of a truck ? is what I think.

I had the HR before I got the JBI and it works fine. Keep one thing in mind as is the case with every plastic part in the truck. Replace with aluminum and something else will go. Weakest link and all. Where it mounts on the dif case, I ended up using longer screws and adding a lock nut to the bottom. Having the aluminum piece there is just going to rip the screws out of the plastic when the force is great enough. The plastic part would always break where the screws went through but now that force is being transferred and voila, a different problem. Not the easiest thing to do adding the locknut either. To be done property, it should be done while the case is off the car. Unfortunately I don't have a photo on my phone to show you what I mean.

I had the HR before I got the JBI and it works fine. Keep one thing in mind as is the case with every plastic part in the truck. Replace with aluminum and something else will go. Weakest link and all. Where it mounts on the dif case, I ended up using longer screws and adding a lock nut to the bottom. Having the aluminum piece there is just going to rip the screws out of the plastic when the force is great enough. The plastic part would always break where the screws went through but now that force is being transferred and voila, a different problem. Not the easiest thing to do adding the locknut either. To be done property, it should be done while the case is off the car. Unfortunately I don't have a photo on my phone to show you what I mean.
Are you saying instead of screwing the FF suspension mount in thru the front & FR in thru the back, you just used one really big screw/bolt and went thru the entire hole at the bottom of the diff case? You're right though, I have a truck that is so rigid that other things are breaking. I guess Arrma suspension mounts (ARA330379) are cheap enough that it isn't that bad. The aluminum inserts I just pounded back into shape, but those will grow weak from that.

Are you saying instead of screwing the FF suspension mount in thru the front & FR in thru the back, you just used one really big screw/bolt and went thru the entire hole at the bottom of the diff case? You're right though, I have a truck that is so rigid that other things are breaking. I guess Arrma suspension mounts (ARA330379) are cheap enough that it isn't that bad. The aluminum inserts I just pounded back into shape, but those will grow weak from that.
Oops, wrong part. In my head I saw the part that the wing mounts and rear chassis brace attach to. Apologies. Not even sure what the part I'm thinking of is called

Oops, wrong part. In my head I saw the part that the wing mounts and rear chassis brace attach to. Apologies. Not even sure what the part I'm thinking of is called

center wing mount holder brace thingy

HR is surely better than the stamped stock aluminum ?. Only drawback is they're made of softer 6061 vs 7075. I haven't used them to really compare either. Voltage stock should improve by early October I'm hearing ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back