Why?! Why do we do it?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonK

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 3s
Why do we subject ourselves to chaos and heartbreak. Why do we buy a product with our own hard earned dollars, only to know it may be poop right out of the box? A few hours of fun, and days waiting for parts and hours toiling away,fiddling and fixing. All the while our bank accounts drain, our credit cards go up, other people think we are crazy. Why?!
BECAUSE WE LOVE IT! The moment of bliss pulling off an epic flip. Thrashing at high speeds. Drifting and burning the tires off. Chasing a higher speed run. Whatever it is, it gets us up, out of our house, and brings us joy. For those with kids they can get them involved and interested, possibly teaching them many things about life. I’m so happy I found my way back into the hobby, and I have to tell you, as much as it’s changed, it hasn’t changed much 😂😉

Mostly because I'm not aloud to drive my real car the way I drive my RC's! :ROFLMAO:

minivan GIF by Rant

I do it because I'm an idiot and my wife confirms it everyday. I figure, why fight it. I choose to embrace it.

The secret for not waiting for parts is to order ahead of time. Shock rod ends, spare tires, spare diff should be on hand. Everything that is known to break but that just about covers it. A drive shaft pair comes in handy as well.
Other than a diff rebuild and broken electronics, almost everything else can be done in the field. It's truly not that complex. If poop does happen you need a 2nd rig to recover. Of course, there could be the 3rd and so on but after breaking 2 I'm typically out of the mood anyway ;), at least for that day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back