Typhon Why will Typhon bodies not fit my ebay Typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has kraton v4 shock towers you need typhon shock towers to make the body fit and for the suspension to work better.
Here are the correct shock towers they’re only $7 on Jenny’s RC and they should solve all of your issues.
https://jennysrc.com/collections/no...-rear-shock-tower-aluminum-anodized-ara8606v5
Bummer. I guess I can post it for sale here. IDK why the last owner would put them on? It was sold as M2C towers, I wonder if they are? I don't see markings on them but I really didn't look that hard. I am going to have to post a full pic of my sign, well maybe I can't, it's a boob, a cartoon boob, lol.

Cartoon Boobies!
GIF by South Park

I purchased a Typhon on ebay. The first body I ordered was for a Typhon 3s :banghead: . The body now is a Proline Axis body/TLR tuned Typhon 6s body. There is no adjustment on the rear tower. While we are at it, I took the Fireteam electronics out and shoved them into this. Looks like the cooling fan will not fit with a body, also what gearing should I be running? I have a 17t in now, it seemed ok in speed but would like more! Also, does anyone know what version typhon this is?

View attachment 282605

View attachment 282606

View attachment 282607

View attachment 282608
Those look like aftermarket Kraton towers, they're nice man. But yeah won't fit the regular body post locations. You can either drill the body holes on a new body to the current set up or pick yourself some regular towers for the Typhon for now they're at Jenny's for like 5 bucks right now. Then you can leave these towers on the table for a week and decide to build a whole new car around them lol. Also be aware that those look like the old school towers, people didn't like them because they easily chip while bashing since the ears sit so high up. She looks good.
So I need a different shock tower or just the mounts?
No, you need the towers. Using different screws won't change the location of the wholes. Hope that makes sense. You would need mounts that bend in, don't exist. Just get the towers at Jenny's and call it a day....OR.....decide if yo uwanna make her a street racer in which case you could get the limitless towers and shocks and slam her to the ground on these skreeets.

Last edited:
Those look like aftermarket Kraton towers, they're nice man. But yeah won't fit the regular body post locations. You can either drill the body holes on a new body to the current set up or pick yourself some regular towers for the Typhon for now they're at Jenny's for like 5 bucks right now. Then you can leave these towers on the table for a week and decide to build a whole new car around them lol. Also be aware that those look like the old school towers, people didn't like them because they easily chip while bashing since the ears sit so high up. She looks good.

No, you need the towers. Using different screws won't change the location of the wholes. Hope that makes sense. You would need mounts that bend in, don't exist. Just get the towers at Jenny's and call it a day....OR.....decide if yo uwanna make her a street racer in which case you could get the limitless towers and shocks and slam her to the ground on these skreeets.
There are mounts that are offset more towards the center. Not sure what these are off of- random mount bag🤷‍♂️

20230303_142850.jpg

20230303_142828.jpg

20230303_142854.jpg

Last edited:
She's a hottie! If a dude looks like her, I would probably just play through, haha!
Omg here it comes🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
Bummer. I guess I can post it for sale here. IDK why the last owner would put them on? It was sold as M2C towers, I wonder if they are? I don't see markings on them but I really didn't look that hard. I am going to have to post a full pic of my sign, well maybe I can't, it's a boob, a cartoon boob, lol.
Plz don't 🤣🤣 we do not want to see some guys man boobs ..omg here it comes again 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Cool, once I get home I will measure them.
I would also need the distance between the tower & the center of where your holes need to be- front to back. You'll hafta put the front hole on the mount, then measure that distance, cuz all these outcast mounts vary a little from the typhon

I would also need the distance between the tower & the center of where your holes need to be- front to back. You'll hafta put the front hole on the mount, then measure that distance, cuz all these outcast mounts vary a little from the typhon
My will power is weak. I just purchased some off Jenny’s. Now I have an account there 🤫. Only on the 3rd day of this month and already spent $240 on rc parts. I’m trying to be good this month at least 🤥.

1D0B5130-A04D-491E-8198-54AE22E15025.png

That looks like a mans calf tho seriously. Tell me I'm wrong.
Still looks good…
She's a dancer!!🤣
!!!
My guess is it's back in time a bit, you know a little less evolution. But the whole damn leg looks super suspect.

Perhaps you're right tho.
What do you care?
Could be the guy's elbows.. arms folded..
You’re freaking me out, man!
Cool, once I get home I will measure them.
The legs? No seriously, can we get back to the legs?

Wow nobody asked, oh well here's my nosy a$$, how did you pay Tuna?

My will power is weak. I just purchased some off Jenny’s. Now I have an account there 🤫. Only on the 3rd day of this month and already spent $240 on rc parts. I’m trying to be good this month at least 🤥.

View attachment 282643
I hope you're aware that in order to use the front tlr tower you need those pill inserts & (I believe) the upper hingepin block & tlr hingepins? I have em on one of my built Typhons, but I ordered all that stuff as well

Wow nobody asked, oh well here's my nosy a$$, how did you pay Tuna?
Paypal

I hope you're aware that in order to use the front tlr tower you need those pill inserts & (I believe) the upper hingepin block & tlr hingepins? I have em on one of my built Typhons, but I ordered all that stuff as well
I am unaware. I would just replace the back, but I have a little ocd so that won't happen. This car is starting to be not the deal I thought it was.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back