Granite Why your motor module might not fit back on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I ran into this issue a few days ago and it really had me scratching my head. I had to replace my slipper hubs because I over tightened the slipper clutch and broke one of the halves. After I replaced the hubs I couldn't get the motor module to fully seat back into the truck. After an hour of investigation, this is what I found:

Thanks for the video Ed. I found this out myself a few weeks back.

Another issue I still have is that the front side also keeps the short red shaft that connects the slipper output to the center driveshaft from sitting all the way in. Did you seem to have that issue too? I assembled per the exploded parts diagram, minus the black nut discussed above, but that red piece won’t sit all the way in to its middle divider. ??‍♂️

Thanks for the video Ed. I found this out myself a few weeks back.

Another issue I still have is that the front side also keeps the short red shaft that connects the slipper output to the center driveshaft from sitting all the way in. Did you seem to have that issue too? I assembled per the exploded parts diagram, minus the black nut discussed above, but that red piece won’t sit all the way in to its middle divider. ??‍♂️

I have no issues with that part. I'll look into it later on ??

I have no issues with that part. I'll look into it later on ??
I found out the hard way. It was an old spring that was stuck in there. I must have not paid enough attention when assembling the slipper last time. That probably helped break the slipper cup today too. Lesson learned.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back