Kraton Wich wheelie bar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Friso Fox

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
since i put in a Leopard 4082, BLX200 esc and 300k in the mid diff, my Kraton eats wheelies for breakfast (just on 4s). Wich wheelie bar would you guys suggest, the Outcast one or the TBR one?

since i put in a Leopard 4082, BLX200 esc and 300k in the mid diff, my Kraton eats wheelies for breakfast (just on 4s). Wich wheelie bar would you guys suggest, the Outcast one or the TBR one?

I like the flex in the tbr wheelie bar.....i don't think its in the way for bashing. I mounted the rear basher bumper to try as well but i felt the wheelie bar was of more use in total so ended up mounting the wheelie bar back on. And it offers alot of rear protection too. I haven't tried any other brands but i am more than satisfied with tbr :)

Sorry I don't have it installed currently,, I remove it when i jump ramps. Unless your just running on the street, the wing will work fine for a wheelie bar. I wouldn't recommend a wheelie bar for jumping.

I use the Outcast wheelie bar. It doesn't catch on anything or add significant weight.

I have the T-bone racing on mine, both front and rear, work well as intended and don't think either one will cause any damage on landings (well not so far for me as yet) as there is so much flex in them, in fact I think they offer an element of protection for awkward landings. Just a matter of whether you like the look but I think there is some downside with the way the Kraton flies if you are a big jumper.

I have the T-bone racing on mine, both front and rear, work well as intended and don't think either one will cause any damage on landings (well not so far for me as yet) as there is so much flex in them, in fact I think they offer an element of protection for awkward landings. Just a matter of whether you like the look but I think there is some downside with the way the Kraton flies if you are a big jumper.
Yes thats pretty much same reason i keep the tbr wheelie bar on instead of their rear bumper...protection :)

Thunder Tiger
14991241_1194213043977708_2043556703978605743_o.jpg
FB_IMG_1452702702767.jpg

broke my rear gear box, i think from the added stress of the tiger wheelie bar which i have on my kraton (don't want to admit its driver-caused ;)). looking at some pictures, i think tbr is a better option since it is mounted on the metal chassis itself.

Ye
i love the design of the tbr wheelie bar...im only using that and also instead of the rear basher bumper :)

Yeah the TBR wheelie bar is a good thing for the Kraton, nice and wide, very flexible and mounts solidly to the chassis plate, which in turn offers a bit more protection to the underside as well.

IMG_0336.JPG
I use the Thunder Tiger Wheelie bar, RPM wing mount and I have no wing. I land on the wheelie bar often with no issue. I do less damage to my Kraton now without the wing. In its place I use a body that covers the rear shock tower and just the wheelie bar sticks out . Not much can grab and tear at the rear of my Kraton now. The body takes 95% of all the hits and nothing really catches a wing or the rear shock tower. I also found that the Pro-Line body screws work way better than cotter pins.

I can't stand exposed shocks/tower on a basher rc. I'll never use a buggy, I prefer a truggy and even better...A body that covers everything.

That body right there took a massive blow to the top already. Right on top of the rear proline screws. On pavement.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back