Wicked Rc bodies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
before paint and I have primer and satin red to try to keep it flat. WickedRC body. No bs, the thing fits very well and very tight. I'm impressed at the fitment. I slid it a couple times and it takes it. Still need to paint but happening as soon as the next project.
I used a drill and 400 grit to sand it up for paint as soon as I got it. Just wanted to run it once first before I have to paint. Self etching primer grey that's flat and a satin red color that I hope looks dark. lol
They're kinda high $ imo but shipped very fast and I'd buy another one for teh Kraton when the time comes.

Edit again. I'm out here lookin at it and I'll say in a huge way that the aluminum body fits very well. Very tight. On the Outcast, drop two spots front body mounts and good to go. I like it. Haven't painted yet but fit is secure.

Last edited:
Scratched the stars on the inside some taking off the stencil. Paint will get ruined in no time so I guess I won't lose much sleep.
I figured I would keep it simple rather than put a lot of effort into this aluminum body to just end up scratching it all. Still need to fold the tabs down to finish and add some decals.

Scratched the stars on the inside some taking off the stencil. Paint will get ruined in no time so I guess I won't lose much sleep.
I figured I would keep it simple rather than put a lot of effort into this aluminum body to just end up scratching it all. Still need to fold the tabs down to finish and add some decals.

View attachment 42152
Needs blue rally stripes and a #Murika sticker lol

I may have a 'merica sticker in my sticker stash. We'll see later when I dig em out.
I don't have any more paint colors and kinda don't want to invest much more in a body that will get beat up..... but maybe I'll check tomorrow to see. If I do white and blue racing stripes it'll cost me $12 more lol.

We know the body is ugly and that's really the point of the fun. I'm not looking to take it out to dinner, I just want to beat it up and send it.

@slick2500 I don't have any more 'merica stickers.

Last edited:

I went to Hobby Lobby and found a few packs of 'merica stickers all on sale for Indy Day. Then I went and beat up the truck some. Once I get the body cleaned up I'll get some flags on there and improve on the "tank" look I'm going for. I also got some video so maybe I'll get motivated to upload so we can see it in action. The fitment of the aluminum body is very impressive and it's very sturdy. I do like it a lot.

I went to Hobby Lobby and found a few packs of 'merica stickers all on sale for Indy Day. Then I went and beat up the truck some. Once I get the body cleaned up I'll get some flags on there and improve on the "tank" look I'm going for. I also got some video so maybe I'll get motivated to upload so we can see it in action. The fitment of the aluminum body is very impressive and it's very sturdy. I do like it a lot.
The one thing I worry about when looking at the all metal body, is the plastic body posts that it has to mount on to. Let me know how your experience is after a few good runs and possibly a couple of tumbles as well. Not that I want you to crash the truck on purpose, but I want to know how the design works with the existing mounts. I've been taking a look at the indestructible bodies from Russia lately, cause I just want something that I don't have to worry about all the time. The Wicked body seems really cool, but it's just the stress on the mounts that has me keeping my finger off the trigger.

I have countless Arrma body mounts but I don't think it'll be an issue. It fits so tight and no play at all. I ran it today with the tank body and have footage but I angled the head cam too high and it's pissing me off to no end. The front mounts go down two pegs and the rear is same. I really press hard to fit the body pins but I like that I have to. I honestly don't know what could break any quicker with this lid vs with a lexan body. The aluminum does weight like 1.25# dry but it doesn't even appear heavy and adds to the durability and debris prevention in the tub as a bonus.

I have countless Arrma body mounts but I don't think it'll be an issue. It fits so tight and no play at all. I ran it today with the tank body and have footage but I angled the head cam too high and it's pissing me off to no end. The front mounts go down two pegs and the rear is same. I really press hard to fit the body pins but I like that I have to. I honestly don't know what could break any quicker with this lid vs with a lexan body. The aluminum does weight like 1.25# dry but it doesn't even appear heavy and adds to the durability and debris prevention in the tub as a bonus.
If you’re using a GoPro cam, open the app on your phone so you can verify positioning before shooting. I have a mount on my transmitter instead of a head or chest mount too. With it on the transmitter you can see the rear screen.

If you’re using a GoPro cam, open the app on your phone so you can verify positioning before shooting. I have a mount on my transmitter instead of a head or chest mount too. With it on the transmitter you can see the rear screen.
I had a mount on my radio for my phone, but it was too hard to keep the truck in the frame. The head or body mounts work really well, as you are almost guaranteed to be looking at the truck, even if your hands haven't moved quickly enough to catch the shot. The cap mount for the GoPro is actually pretty discreet, and almost invisible if you wear a black cap. Videos have been so much better since I started using it.

Normally I do that and for some reason this time I thought, "hell, I can get by without being sure this time." ??
I remember tilting it up too because I thought it had readjusted in my travel box. Pisses me off that I didn't take the 2 minutes.
Normally I do that and for some reason this time I thought, "hell, I can get by without being sure this time." ??
I remember tilting it up too because I thought it had readjusted in my travel box. Pisses me off that I didn't take the 2 minutes.
I think I'm gonna go charge a couple packs and try again. I also tore new Badlands off the bead in the video and that pisses me off too. I told myself at least twice in the video that I should just run the Backflips and then sure enough split em on the way back to the truck to change packs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back