Outcast Wide turning radius/weak servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delm55

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Vorteks
Is it normal for the Steering servo to to be too weak to have a good turning radius on high traction surfaces like concrete and grass? It responds well and turns on a dime on dirt. If truck is not moving and I turn all the way left or right the wheels only turn 1/4 of the ability they turn if I lift tires off the ground. Is the only option to replace the servi with something stronger? If so can you please recommend one?

Is it normal for the Steering servo to to be too weak to have a good turning radius on high traction surfaces like concrete and grass? It responds well and turns on a dime on dirt. If truck is not moving and I turn all the way left or right the wheels only turn 1/4 of the ability they turn if I lift tires off the ground. Is the only option to replace the servi with something stronger? If so can you please recommend one?
if its the 6s outcast it will be your servo saver you need to take it out and put circlips under it or just change it for the newer one that comes on the kraton 6s EXB rtr

Oooh. What is this circlip trick? I have yet to need this, but would like to learn before I do.
Only servo saver trick I know is the zip tie around the spring, but that's for smaller cars, specifically the losi "mini" series.

Putting the circlip under the spring tightens it up. I did this on my old K6s V5 and it helped quite a bit. Because of where this post is, I’m assuming that it’s not a O6s and the problem still lies in the servo saver being too weak. I replaced mine K4sv2 with an LMT servo saver. Problem solved.

Back