Vendetta Wide Vendetta build, TpPower, xlx2, full carbon body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8EABD67A-CAF4-4BC7-B10A-BA1B37FEAAAC.jpeg
ACE87508-123C-4F34-914A-E522EE3F320F.jpeg
1D848E70-58ED-4C14-92ED-06370786E786.jpeg
Small update on this rig.
Last couple times out was plagued by issues keeping me from making a clean pass.
Most notably constant issues with steering and keeping control of the car.
I decided to focus on removing as much slop on the car as possible and also decided to remove the widest typhon arms and turnbuckles for the slightly skinnier granite/big rock arms,
Installed a servo saver delete to rule out the saver causing the car to sway all over the place.
Also have it sorted out how I will mount my limitless fins to the back of the chassis to get aero that’s farther behind the rear wheels like a tail.
Hoping this will all create a more stable car

I’ve been using qs8’s on my batteries but soon here I’m going to switch to just 8mm castle bullets. Really want to see if I can find a way to stop the voltage sag I’m getting for the power I’m making on this and my limitess. This gearing with 28v I could reach mid to high 160’s. Keeping this gearing for now as well

Butting into this conversation without being asked :LOL:
I cut a lot of carbon fiber.... My recommendation is a "carbide grit" jigsaw blade. You get really good control from a jigsaw. I recommend putting painters tape on both sides of the carbon. Draw your lines on the tape and then cut through it that way. That will keep the edges cleaner.

https://www.amazon.com/IRWIN-3072300-Shank-Carbide-Blade/dp/B000HB1EPC/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=carbide+jigsaw+blade&qid=1645199920&sprefix=carbide+jig,aps,95&sr=8-5

I also usually cut slightly over the size I need and then use a long block sanding block with 120-180 grit sand paper to get a perfectly straight and smooth edge finish on the cut parts.

Just remember the dust is said to be like asbestos for your lungs so take safety seriously.
Did you use a plug or did use the body shell and fiber the inside of the shell ?? I have a lot of experience with carbon fiber and fiber glass in drag boats

Did you use a plug or did use the body shell and fiber the inside of the shell ?? I have a lot of experience with carbon fiber and fiber glass in drag boats
Resin and fiber inside the delta plastic shell.

New pb with the “carbondetta”
C74CC857-9904-416C-B3D3-9C8CE248E7F8.png

Last edited:
I have not made a plastic body with carbon fiber inside. that would be Mr. @vwturbowolf

Antenna Rx lead at the front needs to be outside that CF body.
Sure you know this already.
Just for others no knowing this......

Antenna Rx lead at the front needs to be outside that CF body.
Sure you know this already.
Just for others no knowing this......
image.jpg

Just to further the topic. I run the antenna out the body and mount the gps on the wing mount behind where the body ends

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back