Vendetta Wide Vendetta build, TpPower, xlx2, full carbon body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How was it to lay the CF in your body and will it separate did it warp out of shape at all
I held the body in place to keep the shape it needed with tape.
Spread resin and pressed in the carbon fabric.
It does separate from the plastic when I have crashed. that’s why it discolors in some areas.
This car has had its fair share of crashes getting things dialed in. It’s still really strong and solid tho.

It’s basically like having two bodies on top each other. They are both anchored down with the pins and tape on the side during runs

So much less work no plug or mold I’m going to try it thank you
No problem. I have done three now. One for me and two for friends.
Carbon Kevlar is really hard to cut but even stronger once applied.
My last one I did was lighter then the first because I used less resin. But we are only talking .2 of a pound maybe

No problem. I have done three now. One for me and two for friends.
Carbon Kevlar is really hard to cut but even stronger once applied.
My last one I did was lighter then the first because I used less resin. But we are only talking .2 of a pound maybe
Yea I have work with carbon fiber and Kevlar in my race boat . I just thought the body was to thin to work with

New Onxy packs showing their power.
First car into the 170’s for me
BA8A5592-D865-4B72-BFD6-C03533B1645D.png
8969290A-4AAA-42CF-95EC-8C90BC6122A7.png
FC6956EF-C2B3-44C5-A420-14863DD66E1B.jpeg

D43BE191-4213-4430-924C-3C35C7821D63.jpeg
Wanted to update this as I’ve been working to get some drivetrain parts for this car.

Kaniz rc made a spool, and titanium driveshaft,

I got the driveshaft and first impressions is it’s a huge improvement over the hot racing and stock ones.
CCE2C6FF-67E8-4A85-816B-F571B6D3BA64.jpeg

The only tricky part is the spool uses a 6mm spool and I’ve not yet been able to source one.
Saga are all out of stock

View attachment 249807Wanted to update this as I’ve been working to get some drivetrain parts for this car.

I got the driveshaft and first impressions is it’s a huge improvement over the hot racing and stock ones.
View attachment 249805

The only tricky part is the spool uses a 6mm spool and I’ve not yet been able to source one.

Few different solutions come to mind, but by far the easiest would be to have a shop drill a 5mm bore pinion gear to a 6mm.

Few different solutions come to mind, but by far the easiest would be to have a shop drill a 5mm bore pinion gear to a 6mm.
I could do this at work, just need to find a bit for my drill press that will cut thru the gear
Sweet!!! Do we know why he says the locker is only compatible with his driveshaft? is it the connection or is it length or something? That driveshaft is sick
Looks like it’s because of the way the spool sticks out of the module. It’s a longer spool

I could do this at work, just need to find a bit for my drill press that will cut thru the gear

Looks like it’s because of the way the spool sticks out of the module. It’s a longer spool
Yeah I just looked on his insta and realized that. Really nice looking stuff, cant wait to see what you do with it

Look for a cobalt drill bit (not the lowes brand)
Dewalt makes some good coblat metal bits but they are sold in standard (1/8 5/16 1/4) sizes. Probably will need a few since the saga gears are hardened steel.

https://www.amazon.com/Sipery-Cobal...efix=6mm+cobalt+drill+bi,tools,88&sr=1-5&th=1

Dewalt makes some good coblat metal bits but they are sold in standard (1/8 5/16 1/4) sizes. Probably will need a few since the saga gears are hardened steel.

https://www.amazon.com/Sipery-Cobalt-Straight-Drilling-Stainless/dp/B0838DSHXH/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2779WVN8E4B9R&keywords=6mm+cobalt+drill+bit&qid=1665681757&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIzLjMxIiwicXNhIjoiMy4xMyIsInFzcCI6IjMuMDAifQ==&s=hi&sprefix=6mm+cobalt+drill+bi,tools,88&sr=1-5&th=1
Ended up finding a 6mm gear on eBay,
Quality looks decent. Hopefully it’s good
BEA0DA0E-C2CE-4C0E-BB5C-EDE29128759A.png

View attachment 249807Wanted to update this as I’ve been working to get some drivetrain parts for this car.

View attachment 249805

Holy smokes.. awesome build!! 💯
How much did those Kaniz parts set you back!? 💸

Soldered the power wire back onto the esc from the vendetta today and also tinkering with the new driveshaft until the spool shows up.
Really excited to get this car back out. I was on a hell of a mission when I started climbing numbers with this car. It blew me away how fast I progressed and I hope to get that back. 180+ goal with this I can taste it 😂
5FAEA0EF-7E88-42A3-A11F-732802C26E27.jpeg

Only maintenance that needs to be addressed is front and rear input bearings after the last crash I noticed they had a bit of play so I want to make sure they are set just right

Last edited:
Soldered the power wire back onto the esc from the vendetta today and also tinkering with the new driveshaft until the spool shows up.
Really excited to get this car back out. I was on a hell of a mission when I started climbing numbers with this car. It blew me away how fast I progressed and I hope to get that back. 180+ goal with this I can taste it 😂
View attachment 250087
Only maintenance that needs to be addressed is front and rear input bearings after the last crash I noticed they had a bit of play so I want to make sure they are set just right
That setup,133/3s 157/4s 169/5s 185/6s are my predictions.does it weight under 10lbs w/o packs??? Clean passes with this car will be astronomical.......edit.......after a second look, it isn't that new motor in it...

That setup,133/3s 157/4s 169/5s 185/6s are my predictions.does it weight under 10lbs w/o packs??? Clean passes with this car will be astronomical.......edit.......after a second look, it isn't that new motor in it...
I’m keeping my original 4070cm 2200 in this car. I had it so dialed in I just want to pick up where I left off. Same gearing and all. The hobao’s are getting the new motors.

I’m keeping my original 4070cm 2200 in this car. I had it so dialed in I just want to pick up where I left off. Same gearing and all. The hobao’s are getting the new motors.
I'm in the same boat with my swb1/8..been doing great with 1270kv, but wanna try 1460kv baaaad...

https://www.amazon.com/Sipery-Cobal...efix=6mm+cobalt+drill+bi,tools,88&sr=1-5&th=1
Any high speed steel drill bit will work on hardened steel. The trick is to do it right. If not using a drill press, you need to secure the gear in a vise, use cutting oil and water(I know they don't mix and this is why it works), set your drill for its highest speed, and keep the drill steady, level, and centered. And apply low pressure, meaning go slow and take your time rather than try to push the bit to cut faster . It may even be neccessary to "walk the bit sizes up" in some applications to ensure the hole stays centered.

75B14E02-6028-4AC2-894D-8CDED504FAA4.jpeg

The vendetta is officially in reassembly. And if I get another day to run soon I’m making a pass with it. Really hoping to get a 175mph pass to back up my previous run with it.
Ended up getting this OkTay spool and will have to use the stock red insert, but I feel that it will hold up,
Really excited to bring this car back out,

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back