WideMaxx kit , I'll bite !!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
So I have been driving my Maxx stock since I got it , the only thing that has happened ( twice now ) is that common problem lower steering knuckle jumping off the screw / pin , but did not break the plastic knuckle . Yes , it does flip over , but IMO if you drive it like a monster truck and not like a buggy / truggy , I was doing just fine with only minimal flips .
But , knowing that if you do the wide arms , it will be inevitable that the plastic driveshafts are going to twist , and you will be forced into doing the metal ones ( $100 ) , plus the required aluminum hexes ( $20 ) . Well my curiosity has grown to see how it handles with the wider arms , so I picked them up yesterday , installed this maoring , took only 45 minutes . The instructions say to put 50w in the rear shocks and leave the stock 30w in the front . I previously had put 45w all around so left like this .
Results : full 4s pack drive in the back yard ( maybe 18 minutes ) , hammering on it the best I could , hit LVC . Handles WAY better !!! Actually turning hard , no flipping ( twice cause hitting chunk of grass ) . Can't emphasize how much better it is !!!! And will leave the shocks the way they are for now .
The bad : yes , the rear driveshafts already show slight sign of twisting !!!! I'm already vested in this truck , so it takes another $120 to get bulletproof so be it , very fun truck now to drive !!!!

IMG_4320.JPG

IMG_4322.JPG

????
Of course the handling would be way better with the wide kit thats the point of it but at a price of those bling axles
? proves my point if you upgrade they want you to upgrade the upgrade you did with another upgrade a bit sad its this way they saw he 4s kraton release and their reponse to that they trow a 200$ upgrade to make it wide if you have the money fine but they could have made a new truck at the same price range and smash the kraton 4s to its knees but like always they take the easy way out who is more profitable for their business
530+200$ 730 for a 1/10 scale made of plastic. You can get something bigger for the same price i think thats the price of a mojave. Or a high quality kit like a tekno mt410. Or just a kaiju who is 6s capable at 399. Just my 2 cents on it at the end of the day what counts is if you have fun

Last edited:
????
Of course the handling would be way better with the wide kit thats the point of it but at a price of those bling axles
? proves my point if you upgrade they want you to upgrade the upgrade you did with another upgrade a bit sad its this way they saw he 4s kraton release and their reponse to that they trow a 200$ upgrade to make it wide if you have the money fine but hey could have made a new truck at the same price range and smash the kraton 4s to its knees but like always they take the easy way out who is more profitable for their business
530+200$ 730 for a 1/10 scale made of plastic. You can get something bigger for the same price i think thats the price of a mojave
I hear you , like I said before ,..... RC= $$$$$$$$ .
But FWIW , take a Kraton 6s for example $549 , and IMO no doubt needed upgrade , radio ( I use Futaba 3pv $130 ) , aluminum chassis braces $50 , motor fan $25 . = $754 NTM , start sendng this rig and bend your chassis / shock towers , and get the M2C upgrades , phew $$$$$ !

I hear you , like I said before ,..... RC= $$$$$$$$ .
But FWIW , take a Kraton 6s for example $549 , and IMO no doubt needed upgrade , radio ( I use Futaba 3pv $130 ) , aluminum chassis braces $50 , motor fan $25 . = $754 NTM , start sendng this rig and bend your chassis / shock towers , and get the M2C upgrades , phew $$$$$ !
Yeah i get that but you know something called the EXB is out there sure has issues but can be fixed for not much. Knowing arrma they will release new EXB trucks i think the next one is the mojave thats what jason said in an interview after the fellony was released another 1/7 scale it can just be the mojave
My exb costed me 470$+140$ electronics+ alluminum diff case(70$)+ lsd plates 15$+ 30$ remote+20 servo whats the total of that 745$ if im not mistaken
Imo no point of getting a basher arrma rtr now unless the v5 brings something new. The exb is the new platform and i hope they adress the planetary gear issue
A 1500$ rtr kraton vs the 700$ exb the exb is almost as good as the 1500$ with all the after market on the truck if i had an ugraded kraton i would be pissed personally?

Last edited:
I really want the 6s Kraton EXB as I favor the 6s lineup ( Senton v3 , Talion V4 , 2 Mojaves ) , all needed is a Kraton 6s for my needs . For right now I am going to hold off on the EXB and wait to see what they do with a fix , NTM ,curious to see what is released next !!!! I think it would be neat to drive the 6s stunt trucks , but not gonna pick one up , or the road cars .
I love my Talion , a lot of bang for the buck in it .

There is a Maxx thread in here somewhere, maby you can post some of your thoughts on the Maxx there! ?

Yeah i get that but you know something called the EXB is out there sure has issues but can be fixed for not much. Knowing arrma they will release new EXB trucks i think the next one is the mojave thats what jason said in an interview after the fellony was released another 1/7 scale it can just be the mojave
My exb costed me 470$+140$ electronics+ alluminum diff case(70$)+ lsd plates 15$+ 30$ remote+20 servo whats the total of that 745$ if im not mistaken
Imo no point of getting a basher arrma rtr now unless the v5 brings something new. The exb is the new platform and i hope they adress the planetary gear issue
A 1500$ rtr kraton vs the 700$ exb the exb is almost as good as the 1500$ with all the after market on the truck if i had an ugraded kraton i would be pissed personally?
Or you can get an O8S or K8S for a few more bucks. Personally for me, they are more fun than the 1/8 Arrmas.

Or you can get an O8S or K8S for a few more bucks. Personally for me, they are more fun than the 1/8 Arrmas.
[/QUOTE]

K8S , I have one of those also , excellent rig !!! Where I feel they are more fun vs. the 1/8 trucks is in the open fields where it doesn't get affected by the grass , where the 1/8's have that added to their resistance . My fav bash spot for the 1/5's is a closed down golf course next to my house that has tons of big rolling hills ( my video of it ) . Nice gentle big jumps with nice landing areas .

K8S , I have one of those also , excellent rig !!! Where I feel they are more fun vs. the 1/8 trucks is in the open fields where it doesn't get affected by the grass , where the 1/8's have that added to their resistance . My fav bash spot for the 1/5's is a closed down golf course next to my house that has tons of big rolling hills ( my video of it ) . Nice gentle big jumps with nice landing areas .
[/QUOTE]
I rip my K8S with 23t from one side of the park to the other and jump off my ramps at full speed and my jaw drops every time because of how high and far it goes, with a backflip included ?

I rip my K8S with 23t from one side of the park to the other and jump off my ramps at full speed and my jaw drops every time because of how high and far it goes, with a backflip included ?
[/QUOTE]
My center diff is still stock fluid , won't dare to try and backflip it !!!! LOL

My center diff is still stock fluid , won't dare to try and backflip it !!!! LOL
[/QUOTE]
I have the V1.5 that came with the 20 mil center diff fluid.

Nice. To me the 8s arrmas are just too much expensive to maintain and im the kind of guy who likes to do stuns in the air when i want and 8s is just a big slow on stuns. But i understand why poeple love them its big fast the feeling of a real life monster truck ect

Nice. To me the 8s arrmas are just too much expensive to maintain and im the kind of guy who likes to do stuns in the air when i want and 8s is just a big slow on stuns. But i understand why poeple love them its big fast the feeling of a real life monster truck ect
I swear it has been cheaper to run my 8s Arrma trucks compared to my 6s Arrma rigs because, out of the box, the 8s trucks have suffered less breakages. And I run and jump them both the same way. The only thing that's been giving me trouble are the driveshafts bending on the 8s Arrmas. Examples = wing mount on the 6s broke very fast. On the 8s trucks the wing mount takes way more abuse. The chassis on my K6S bent badly after a 20ft jump. The chassis on my K8S is still straight after a few 20ft jumps. Shock rod ends on my 6s rigs break very easily (even the Tekno ones). I've yet to break one on my 8s trucks. Shock towers on my K6s, O6s and even the rear one on my Typhon 6s bent badly. The plastic ones on the 8s rigs are still in one piece. Chassis braces had to be replaced on the 6s rigs with aluminum ones. The ones on the 8s rigs are still not bent or broken on them (V1.5 K8S and O8S). The diffs on the 6s rigs are weak. The 8s ones are way more durable from what I have seen. Big and slow? To me the Arrma rigs with 23t pinion, punch and stock electronics are ballistic. They do about what? 45-50mph on dirt/grass. That's plenty for me personally. ?

I swear it has been cheaper to run my 8s Arrma trucks compared to my 6s Arrma rigs because, out of the box, the 8s trucks have suffered less breakages. And I run and jump them both the same way. The only thing that's been giving me trouble are the driveshafts bending on the 8s Arrmas. Examples = wing mount on the 6s broke very fast. On the 8s trucks the wing mount takes way more abuse. The chassis on my K6S bent badly after a 20ft jump. The chassis on my K8S is still straight after a few 20ft jumps. Shock rod ends on my 6s rigs break very easily (even the Tekno ones). I've yet to break one on my 8s trucks. Shock towers on my K6s, O6s and even the rear one on my Typhon 6s bent badly. The plastic ones on the 8s rigs are still in one piece. Chassis braces had to be replaced on the 6s rigs with aluminum ones. The ones on the 8s rigs are still not bent or broken on them (V1.5 K8S and O8S). The diffs on the 6s rigs are weak. The 8s ones are way more durable from what I have seen.
Yeah i get that the rtr 6s kraton is not so tuff but i got the exb in my case so its a complete another story if i get a 8s. The rod ends i thinks becsus eof the droop screws weirdly enought i never broke the stock 6s rod ends on my kraton 4s only once after hitting a tree but it did not break where it ussualy breaks it broke on the threads

Yeah i get that the rtr 6s kraton is not so tuff but i got the exb in my case so its a complete another story if i get a 8s. The rod ends i thinks becsus eof the droop screws weirdly enought i never broke the stock 6s rod ends on my kraton 4s only once after hitting a tree but it did not break where it ussualy breaks it broke on the threads
The problem with the EXB Kraton is the rear diff. It's having some serious issues, even after shimming it like Arrma has recommended.

The problem with the EXB Kraton is the rear diff. It's having some serious issues, even after shimming it like Arrma has recommended.
For me its the lsd plates or it wont work in most cases but i see people running them fine. Saw someone on youtube running 5 shims on both sides lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back