Wider Typhon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cstac

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I know there are pics of this but didn't know if there is a thread. Used team associated 89330 hexs stock pin and grub screw, however I noticed a little play so definitely recommend if you do this conversion shims will be needed. Not sure which ones will work just going to trial and error until I figure it out.

20170506_082743.jpg

20170506_083819.jpg

Attachments

• 20170506_082140.jpg
    20170506_082140.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 49
I recently purchased these for my typhon....I noticed the pin and hole in the hex are slightly larger than the original one,which meant I couldn't use the new pin and had to use the old one,which causes the play due to the larger hole in the new hex... drill the smaller hole to adapt the new pin an I think it should fix it... ain't done it yet cause I'm lazy

I recently purchased these for my typhon....I noticed the pin and hole in the hex are slightly larger than the original one,which meant I couldn't use the new pin and had to use the old one,which causes the play due to the larger hole in the new hex... drill the smaller hole to adapt the new pin an I think it should fix it... ain't done it yet cause I'm lazy

Yes that's where the play is coming from, I don't want to drill out hubs. I'm worried with the new hexes the hole being right on the edge that play will wear that out in a heartbeat, I'm going to find shims/washers and post which ones. I'm also thinking better solution just because it will not let as much debris get in between the hex and the bearings also.

What's the benefit for doing this mod? I'm new, so may have missed something.

What's the benefit for doing this mod? I'm new, so may have missed something.
There are a couple reasons/benefits. Gives a wider stance to help with roll overs also some may like the look. Most common reason is to be able to run bigger tires such as monster truck tires for bashability.

I used the same ones on my typhon to put 2.8 trenchers on it. Goes good :-D

Also my stock rims are rubbing the hubs and these have stopped that happening.
They really need to use the same hex that comes on the kraton

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back