Granite Wife's Granite Mega got a few upgrades this weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxfan69

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Senton Mega
Swapped in a Spektrum 85 amp ESC and a Hobbywing brushless/sensor-less 4000 kv motor I was running in a Senton. Put in a BLX style multi plate clutch and went to a 57th x 16th x .8 mod spur and pinion. Also added RPM front and Arrma rear A-Arms from a Typhon with adjustable tie rods (what a pain in the arse on the tie rods LOL), and a wheelie bar from a 3s Granite with some 3d printed color wheels.

Had to get her a new body, so painted up this Jeep in her fav color. Wanted to start off slow while I made sure I had the mesh correct, and even with a 2s battery this thing ROCKS now LOL !!!! She has recently went from this previously stock Granite Mega to a 3s Senton, so she is getting where she can handle more power. She is out of town this weekend, and I took it for a test spin after setting the steering and throttle limits and WOW, this thing is how they should come from the factory!!! Cant wait to see her try it with a 3s battery in it!!
IMG_0145.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

Swapped in a Spektrum 85 amp ESC and a Hobbywing brushless/sensor-less 4000 kv motor I was running in a Senton. Put in a BLX style multi plate clutch and went to a 57th x 16th x .8 mod spur and pinion. Also added RPM front and Arrma rear A-Arms from a Typhon with adjustable tie rods (what a pain in the arse on the tie rods LOL), and a wheelie bar from a 3s Granite with some 3d printed color wheels.

Had to get her a new body, so painted up this Jeep in her fav color. Wanted to start off slow while I made sure I had the mesh correct, and even with a 2s battery this thing ROCKS now LOL !!!! She has recently went from this previously stock Granite Mega to a 3s Senton, so she is getting where she can handle more power. She is out of town this weekend, and I took it for a test spin after setting the steering and throttle limits and WOW, this thing is how they should come from the factory!!! Cant wait to see her try it with a 3s battery in it!!
View attachment 153008
View attachment 153010
View attachment 153012
View attachment 153013
That is so cool man! I mean it’s special to have that. Really cool.

We took my new vorteks to the golf course earlier. A bit ago I asked my wife how she was feeling and she said ‘jealous!’…because her Voltage no longer seems fast 🤣
So yeah, my next 3s rc car won’t be…mine 😊

Looks good. Hope she likes it.
Yeah, there's always the chance I just hopped up a new car for myself LOL. This thing handles rediculusly awesome with the Typhoon A-Arms, it's crazy fun !!!
That is so cool man! I mean it’s special to have that. Really cool.

We took my new vorteks to the golf course earlier. A bit ago I asked my wife how she was feeling and she said ‘jealous!’…because her Voltage no longer seems fast 🤣
So yeah, my next 3s rc car won’t be…mine 😊
Ahhhh jealousy equals the quickest route to something new in all hobbies ahahaha...

View attachment 153008
View attachment 153010
View attachment 153012
View attachment 153013
What jeep body is that? Got a link? I’m building up a jeep (from a voltage) for my step daughter and the one you got is nice.

Looks awesome. Heads up 16t pinion on 4000kv may be a little high for the granite. Watch those temps especially on grass and be ready to gear down if necessary.
Yeah good point, I'm pretty sure I've got a 14th mod .8 in the parts bin. I pulled it apart after pulling the assembly from the Senton to clean it, check the mesh, and verify which pinion was on it, and I should have changed it then...dang it LOL...back apart again LOL
What jeep body is that? Got a link? I’m building up a jeep (from a voltage) for my step daughter and the one you got is nice.
Bought from LHS, they had X2 models, one was a little shorter in overall length and shallower bed, and this one which was a tad longer and has the deeper bed. Just looked at the sticker pack and it's Pro-Line's licenced JEEP Rubicon Gladiator. Sticker sheet says #3535-89...but that may just be the sticker sheet ??

Last edited:
@Velodromed I stated it backwards in my answer above. The on in the link is the longer body with a shallower bed, and the one I posted here that I have is the shorter body with a deeper bed.
Ok cool thanks!!

View attachment 153008
View attachment 153010
View attachment 153012
View attachment 153013
Dude I had this granite sitting around got board one day, pretty badass to drive. 130 amp,1900kv,57-14gears,6s,never gets super hot, that thing on 4s will keep up with my kraton

16325371452297305092822949807204.jpg

Dude I had this granite sitting around got board one day, pretty badass to drive. 130 amp,1900kv,57-14gears,6s,never gets super hot, that thing on 4s will keep up with my kraton

View attachment 170844
WOW that thing has some cool stuff on it. I cant see what branding is on the rear CVD’s though, who sell those ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back