Will 400cst oil improve my suspension? (Senton mega stock oil)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What CST/Oil Weight is the stock Oil in your shocks to begin with?
Need to know what you have first for a baseline comparison. Is the stock oil thicker or thinner than 400 CST? Others might chime in with that info. or what they used in the stock Mega shocks. If there is 400CST in there as stock already, then there would be no difference. No improvement. Improvement being subjective for some. Could be worse or better. Are you disappointed with the shocks now??? Or just want to renew the oil for maintnenance reasons? Which is still good to do.
Otherwise it is trial and error. How most of us do it.
400 CST sounds about right for shocks.?:unsure: That is roughly equivalent to 32 Weight shock oil.
The price/deal of oil is really insignificant. Not the best way to choose the CST. Sil oil is just Sil oil, no matter the brand. Saving 3 cents doesn't mean much in the end. Chosen CST does.
I have dozens of bottles of oil on hand. Because it is usually trial and error that gets the shocks where they are best for you and your rig. Much depends how you drive your rig and the type of terrain. This varies for all of us. What works for some many not work for you.
Yes, Silicone oil is rather expensive in general. Has been throughout the years. But a necessary evil.

Last edited:
What was the stock Oil in your shocks to begin with?
Need to know what you have first for a baseline comparison. Is the stock oil thicker or thinner. Others might chime in with that info. or what they used in the stock Mega shocks.
Otherwise it is trial and error. How most of us do it.
400 CST sounds about right for shocks.?:unsure: That is roughly equivalent to 32 Weight shock oil.
The price/deal of oil is really insignificant. Not the best way to choose the CST. Sil oil is just Sil oil, no matter the brand. Saving 3 cents doesn't mean much in the end. Chosen CST does.
I have dozens of bottles of oil on hand. Because it is usually trial and error that gets the shocks where they are best for you and your rig.
Yes, Silicone oil is rather expensive in general.
550 cst stock oil haven't changed it.

What is your definition of improvement? Changing oil viscosities will change the characteristics of the vehicle handling - a lighter weight / less viscous oil will improve responsiveness but may make the car more "twitchy" - so if that's what you are looking for, then consider it an improvement otherwise it wouldn't be.

What is your definition of improvement? Changing oil viscosities will change the characteristics of the vehicle handling - a lighter weight / less viscous oil will improve responsiveness but may make the car more "twitchy" - so if that's what you are looking for, then consider it an improvement otherwise it wouldn't be.
Screenshot_2022-10-14-20-51-34-31_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I found a 550 cst oil in a set for 7 dollars I think I'm gotta use this one.

+1
View attachment 250030
I found a 550 cst oil in a set for 7 dollars I think I'm gotta use this one.
Good deal. Because this is a take off set of oil from a boxed kit. Mugen is reputable for what its worth. Again, oil is oil no matter the brand FWIW.
And you will get good use of the 15k CST oil for the front and rear diffs. A win win.:love:
Just technically, you will see no change using the 550CST in the shocks. And that may be perfectly fine for you.(y)
Properly filling and bleeding the shocks alone, sometimes makes all the difference. Staying with the stock CST oil.
The factory fill of the shocks are not that precise. Best results when you replenish and fill the oil yourself. Bleeding out all the air first is most important. So the shocks are matched in sets. What matters most for performance and handling.

I see it at JennysRC.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/mu...ocks-silicone-550-5000-2000-mugen-seiki-e2028

Get it. Buy 2 or 3 sets if you can at that price.:) You will always use it.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back