Kraton WILL 42 mm diameter motor fit the new 4s models?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I have my eye on a esc and motor combo that is a 4268 2500kv motor. I hate to buy it only for it not to fit. I want to go sensored.

Yep. It will. Have a Castle 2200kv in both mine.
Cool 😎 I’m going to give a sensored 2500kv
Hobbywing Max8 combo a try. The truck runs good now but it cogs a little when taking off and has no torque at low speed. I hope sensored will give it some low speed control.

Hobbywing Max8 combo a try. The truck runs good now but it cogs a little when taking off and has no torque at low speed. I hope sensored will give it some low speed control.
It will. And will not cog. Just watch the temps. Sensored will not cog when overgeared...but will overheat.

I plan to stay with 4s and don’t really want to mess with gearing. I looked at that one for sure. I am a little afraid of putting too much power on the plastic. Have you tried the bigger one? Is the 2500kv too weak?
4268 size is typically intended for buggies, while longer cans are used for truggies - more torque.

I'm sure the 4268 would be okay but if the longer motor fits, that's the route I'd go.

4268 size is typically intended for buggies, while longer cans are used for truggies - more torque.

I'm sure the 4268 would be okay but if the longer motor fits, that's the route I'd go.
Too late for me now it’s ordered but if the 2500 don’t work out I’ll get the bigger one.
I got a 4s BRCC that could use a new motor too. It’s got a old dynamite motor from a Losi
TEN MT. Lol 😆 That thing desinigrated years ago.

Too late for me now it’s ordered but if the 2500 don’t work out I’ll get the bigger one.
I got a 4s BRCC that could use a new motor too. It’s got a old dynamite motor from a Losi
TEN MT. Lol 😆 That thing desinigrated years ago.

Ha, nice. I have an old dynamite motor from a TEN MT too, I think last time I temped it at 260 deg or something, lol. That truck is one of my worst purchases ever, but I think I got it for like $250.

I got the 2500kv Max8 combo installed and it is great! Makes the acceleration silky smooth and fast. It definitely needs a fan though. The first test I did was without a fan and it was getting warm 145 F. I put a double 30 mm fan on and now it stays below 120. I hope they make a sensored Max6. HW makes tough esc’s

If you never had sensored before, there won't necessarily be more torque at low end . Gearing and the motor matters more.
But cogging is all but gone and you can drive as slow as a crawler with sensored. The throttle will become more refined across the whole power band .:)
Power delivery will feel less edgy. More smoother.
I could describe it all day long But experiencing Sensored is best.
I upgrade my ESC's to all Sensored as my RTR stuff craps out. HW. (y)
I'm spoiled now,:cool:

Last edited:
If you never had sensored before, there won't necessarily be more torque at low end . Gearing and the motor matters more.
But cogging is all but gone and you can drive as slow as a crawler with sensored. The throttle will become more refined across the whole power band .:)
Power delivery will feel less edgy. More smoother.
I could describe it all day long But experiencing Sensored is best.
I upgrade my ESC's to all Sensored as my RTR stuff craps out. HW. (y)
I'm spoiled now,:cool:
I know that there's no real need to put a sensored motor into a basher but my only sensored car (my race buggy) is so glorious to drive and I can only imagine how great the smooth acceleration (and not all that cogging and chirping) would feel. I'll probably end up giving in and putting a sensored combo in there at some point. Referring to my Kraton 4S V2.

I know that there's no real need to put a sensored motor into a basher
There’s no real need to have an RC car in the first place :LOL:

Most of my bashers have sensored systems. I like the smooth throttle and I also like the motor temp cutoff.

I know that there's no real need to put a sensored motor into a basher but my only sensored car (my race buggy) is so glorious to drive and I can only imagine how great the smooth acceleration (and not all that cogging and chirping) would feel. I'll probably end up giving in and putting a sensored combo in there at some point. Referring to my Kraton 4S V2.
You won’t regret it! I am really happy with it.
The feel of the throttle being even as you increase speed is way better. I’m really considering the 4278 for my Talion. It has the old Max8 with 2200kv. It’s getting some age and wear on it now that I think more about it.
Y’all think it would be a good idea?

You won’t regret it! I am really happy with it.
The feel of the throttle being even as you increase speed is way better. I’m really considering the 4278 for my Talion. It has the old Max8 with 2200kv. It’s getting some age and wear on it now that I think more about it.
Y’all think it would be a good idea?
I dunno man. There’s probably no improvement to power. That’s a lot of money for smooth throttle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back