Outcast Will 6s shocks fit the 4s Outcast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waspmoose

Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop Rc Addiction
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 4s
Hey guys, I know the Typhon shocks will fit the outcast 4s. Would the 6s shocks from the outcast fit the 4s? If not any other options out there for shocks on this beast? Im leaking oil like a sieve.

from the threaded area on top, I just found this team associated green slime stuff I might try.

That team associated green slime isn't used for sealing leaks..?

What you could try using is some red gasket sealer, like you would use on your real full size car engine..??

Put small amount on the threads and then assemble the shocks back together....

Hey guys, I know the Typhon shocks will fit the outcast 4s. Would the 6s shocks from the outcast fit the 4s? If not any other options out there for shocks on this beast? Im leaking oil like a sieve.
I'm not sure but they might be a little too stiff if they do.

I’m trying to figure out what 6s shocks fit then using the 4s springs.

Most are within a few mm length wise from what I can tell
I have my mojave 6s shocks on mine with the stock 4s springs as well as m2c zrs shock caps and it has been working with no problems/leaks etc. You going to need the axial bushings for them shocks thou part#axia1356

from the threaded area on top, I just found this team associated green slime stuff I might try.
TA Green Slime will do nothing for leaks at the top cap threads. GS is only used for lubing the Shock O-rings and bottom cartridge, even before the O-rings are worn out, is best. O-rings need to be replaced if they are worn or torn up.
Your leak may be due to the Bladder /seal incorrectly seated, damaged/ torn or the cap is cross threaded/ loose perhaps. If you overfill the shocks, causing hydrolock, the oil will blow out past the bottom cartridge/seals or at the top cap.
6S alloy shocks are flawless if you can install them instead. Best way. May need to use a thinner oil since the V2 4s rigs are lighter than most 6s rigs.

Last edited:
I have my mojave 6s shocks on mine with the stock 4s springs as well as m2c zrs shock caps and it has been working with no problems/leaks etc. You going to need the axial bushings for them shocks thou part#axia1356
TA Green Slime will do nothing for leaks at the top cap threads. GS is only used for lubing the Shock O-rings and bottom cartridge, even before the O-rings are worn out, is best. O-rings need to be replaced if they are worn or torn up.
Your leak may be due to the Bladder /seal incorrectly seated, damaged/ torn or the cap is cross threaded/ loose perhaps. If you overfill the shocks, causing hydrolock, the oil will blow out past the bottom cartridge/seals or at the top cap.
6S alloy shocks are flawless if you can install them instead. Best way. May need to use a thinner oil since the V2 4s rigs are lighter than most 6s rigs.
2.5 year old thread guys .. lol 😂🤣

Helping me still. Just got my Kraton 4S V2 and had broken shock from factory along with missing spring. Looking into upgrades or what I can do to use mine for the first time. Figured best to upgrade if it broke straight from factory, how would it ever stand up to some bashing..?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back